• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Separation Of Liberal Hype And State

aquapub

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
We've all heard about many of these ultra-liberal professors like Ward Churchill, Barbara Foley, etc., etc., who, instead of teaching anything vaguely resembling the subject they are getting federal tax dollars to teach, derail their own classes, without provocation, to do things like blaming Americans for 9/11 and preaching that we all deserved it.

So my question is, if these are the same people (the intolerant "tolerance crowd") who freak out so hysterically about removing all things Christian (and only Christian) from all things public-as if people are so weak and stupid that allowing any expression of Christian faith (and only Christian faith) is somehow pressuring them to convert-isn't it pretty damn hypocritical of them to be shoving their hysterically fanatical views down our kids throats AT TAXPAYER EXPENSE.

What, it's no ok to let them even SEE Jesus, but it's perfectly fine to aggressively PROGRAM them to turn on their country?

aquapub said:
We've all heard about many of these ultra-liberal professors like Ward Churchill, Barbara Foley, etc., etc., who, instead of teaching anything vaguely resembling the subject they are getting federal tax dollars to teach, derail their own classes, without provocation, to do things like blaming Americans for 9/11 and preaching that we all deserved it.

So my question is, if these are the same people (the intolerant "tolerance crowd") who freak out so hysterically about removing all things Christian (and only Christian) from all things public-as if people are so weak and stupid that allowing any expression of Christian faith (and only Christian faith) is somehow pressuring them to convert-isn't it pretty damn hypocritical of them to be shoving their hysterically fanatical views down our kids throats AT TAXPAYER EXPENSE.

What, it's no ok to let them even SEE Jesus, but it's perfectly fine to aggressively PROGRAM them to turn on their country?

This is just one of many problems that would be solved by the privitization of the government schools. Like the kids that look at the shool as a place to cause trouble, any teacher who used the classroom as his own ideological brainwashing forum would be given the bum's rush out the front door.

Its simply a front of the war to transform the USA into Oceania. The sad thing is, I get to see most of my friends submit to the will of the conformist "non-conformist" crowd. I wish i could join them all in fantasy land, where a guy wearing make-up playing a guitar tells me what to think.

aquapub said:

You make a good point.

If these liberals want their vile filthy anti-american professors then I want ten commandments,Manoras,Star of Davids and crosses all over public property with out anyone bitching.

aqua.......

they have a word that was designed specifically for these folks. its called

HYPOCRISY.

;)

There's a huge difference between a religion/ religious symbolism that can only be justified through faith and a political belief that can be reasonably derived from known facts.

It's often commented that college professors swing way to the left, and that this is because of an ingrained bias in the institutes of higher learning in this country. But the more reasonable explanation, the one that is frequently ignored, is that profs tend to be liberal because they have learned to think reasonably and they see that conservativism is not reasonable.

In my lifetime I have seen a very wide swing in educational ideology.

When I was back in school, many moons ago, it was the rightwing doing the propagandizing. (Is that even a word?) But that's ok, right?

We were told in high school, for example, that the USSR was a nation of demons who wanted to take over America. We were told their citizens have absolutely no freedom of self determination. We were told how their government swamped them with pro-communism propaganda, all the while, having our own American brand of propaganda being shoved down our throats. Our fears were throughly indoctrinated with monthly "air raid" drills.

We were not allowed to have our hair go below the collar or touch our ears. Girls weren't allowed to wear pants and their skirts could be no more than 3 inches above the knee.

Each morning began the school day with the daily prayer over the PA system followed by the pledge. And this was a public school. (My guess is that those who hate the liberalism on today's campuses probably have no problem when it's the right doing the brain washing like it was when I was in school.)

Looking back, that still angers me. I get just as upset with the Churchill's and their ilk as well. If you are a math teacher paid to teach math....then teach math and shut your piehole.

Just my two cents......

Captain America said:
In my lifetime I have seen a very wide swing in educational ideology.

When I was back in school, many moons ago, it was the rightwing doing the propagandizing. (Is that even a word?) But that's ok, right?

We were told in high school, for example, that the USSR was a nation of demons who wanted to take over America. We were told their citizens have absolutely no freedom of self determination. We were told how their government swamped them with pro-communism propaganda, all the while, having our own American brand of propaganda being shoved down our throats. Our fears were throughly indoctrinated with monthly "air raid" drills.

We were not allowed to have our hair go below the collar or touch our ears. Girls weren't allowed to wear pants and their skirts could be no more than 3 inches above the knee.

Each morning began the school day with the daily prayer over the PA system followed by the pledge. And this was a public school. (My guess is that those who hate the liberalism on today's campuses probably have no problem when it's the right doing the brain washing like it was when I was in school.)

Looking back, that still angers me. I get just as upset with the Churchill's and their ilk as well. If you are a math teacher paid to teach math....then teach math and shut your piehole.

Just my two cents......

Well said :agree

aquapub said:
We've all heard about many of these ultra-liberal professors like Ward Churchill, Barbara Foley, etc., etc.,

Characterising Churchill as ultraliberal is a misnomer. He's a knucklehead.

Liberalism is an ideology, philosophy, and political tradition that holds liberty as the primary political value.[1] Broadly speaking, liberalism seeks a society characterized by freedom of thought for individuals, limitations on power, especially of government and religion, the rule of law, the free exchange of ideas, a market economy that supports private enterprise, and a transparent system of government in which the rights of minorities are guaranteed. In modern society, liberals favour a liberal democracy with open and fair elections, where all citizens have equal rights by law and an equal opportunity to succeed[2]. Liberalism rejected many foundational assumptions which dominated most earlier theories of government, such as the Divine Right of Kings, hereditary status, and established religion. Fundamental human rights that all liberals support include the right to life, liberty, and property. In many countries, "modern" liberalism differs from classical liberalism by asserting that government provision of some minimal level of material well-being takes priority over freedom from taxation. Liberalism has its roots in the Western Enlightenment, but the term now encompasses a diversity of political thought, with adherents spanning a large part of the political spectrum, from left to right. In the context of economics, the term "liberalism" refers to economic liberalism, which is associated with the political ideology of liberalism itself.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberal

Where do you see Ward Churchill in the above?

Back
Top Bottom