• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sentenced to death for a sip of water [W:31]

Slyhunter

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Sentenced to death for a sip of water
More and more people join the crowd as they push me towards the home of the village headman. I recognize the house — it’s the only one that has a garden with grass growing in it. They throw me to the ground. The village imam speaks to me: “I’ve been told you’ve insulted our Prophet. You know what happens to anyone who attacks the holy Prophet Mohammed. You can redeem yourself only by conversion or death.”
“I haven’t done anything! Please! I beg you! I’ve done nothing wrong!”

Did she speak ill of Muslims and our holy Prophet Mohammed?”
“Yes, she insulted them,” replies Musarat, and the others join in:
“It’s true, she insulted our religion.”
“If you don’t want to die,” says the young mullah, “you must convert to Islam. Are you willing to redeem yourself by becoming a good Muslim?”
Sobbing, I reply:
“No, I don’t want to change my religion. But please believe me, I didn’t do what these women say, I didn’t insult your religion. Please have mercy on me.”
I put my hands together and plead with him. But he is unmoved.
“You’re lying! Everyone says you committed this blasphemy and that’s proof enough. Christians must comply with the law of Pakistan, which forbids any derogatory remarks about the holy Prophet. Since you won’t convert and the Prophet cannot defend himself, we shall avenge him.”
He turns on his heel and the angry crowd falls on me. I’m beaten with sticks and spat at. I think I’m going to die. Then they ask me again:
“Will you convert to a religion worthy of the name?”
“No, please, I’m a Christian, but I beg you . . . ”
And they go on beating me with the same fury as before.

This is what needs to be eradicated, exterminated, whatever it takes. This has to stop, period.

Last edited by a moderator:
When in Rome.........

Just because you're in Rome doesn't mean that you should convert to the local religion just to keep yourself from being hanged because of hatred and bigotry of your religion which is not theirs.

Just because you're in Rome doesn't mean that you should convert to the local religion just to keep yourself from being hanged because of hatred and bigotry of your religion which is not theirs.

Then their lawyers should plead on the First Amendment. Oh wait.........

That's an interesting piece of creative writing. Did Dave Pelzer have a hand in it?

Why is this our problem?

Honestly... this has been happening for centuries. No one gave two ****s when we were weaponizing the very people we are fighting against now, all to fight the Soviets.

I swear, some Americans just roll over like dogs whenever their government instructs them to hate someone. There was a time when our CIA was calling them freedom fighters because they did our bidding against the Communists. Now this "has to stop"?

If you don't want terrorism in the world then STOP COMMITTING TERRORISM. It's not that hard.

Why is this our problem?

Honestly... this has been happening for centuries. No one gave two ****s when we were weaponizing the very people we are fighting against now, all to fight the Soviets.

I swear, some Americans just roll over like dogs whenever their government instructs them to hate someone. There was a time when our CIA was calling them freedom fighters because they did our bidding against the Communists. Now this "has to stop"?

If you don't want terrorism in the world then STOP COMMITTING TERRORISM. It's not that hard.

Last I heard from our government were trying thier best to be politically correct and not wanting people to hate muslims. (even back before Obama)

And I don't know about anyone else but I certainly have never committed terrorism...and yet terrorism STILL happens in the world.

Sentenced to death for a sip of water

It's 200 BC somewhere out here..

But Pakistan is our ally against Islamic extremists...

What has that got to do with my question? Mind answering it instead of trying to evade it?

Has everything to do with it.
If she was a westerner not following their rules and they say she dies, she dies. Its their country, their religion, their laws.

Has everything to do with it.
If she was a westerner not following their rules and they say she dies, she dies. Its their country, their religion, their laws.

Guess you answered it with this post...even if indirectly. You see no problem with this woman getting hanged for a few words. My how "moderate" of you!

Guess you answered it with this post...even if indirectly. You see no problem with this woman getting hanged for a few words. My how "moderate" of you!

If she is a westerner in a muslim country going against local, national or tribal law. I have no issue with it.
Any one that travels that part of the world should know what can and does happen to people there.

If she is a westerner in a muslim country going against local, national or tribal law. I have no issue with it.
Any one that travels that part of the world should know what can and does happen to people there.

The fact that it happens...regardless if a person is from that country or not is sickening. The fact that you have no problem with it is also sickening.

The fact that it happens...regardless if a person is from that country or not is sickening. The fact that you have no problem with it is also sickening.
So what do you want to do about it? Go to war? Invade, or how about this. Stay the hell out of countries you are not wanted in.

So what do you want to do about it? Go to war? Invade, or how about this. Stay the hell out of countries you are not wanted in.

Or how about we speak out against it? Put political pressure on them about it? No need for war or invasion. There are other ways to go about getting them to do the right thing. But I guess I am not surprised that you have no problem with bigotry and are apparently quite willing to let it go on and on.

BTW...just to answer your question....she was born in Pakistan.

Or how about we speak out against it? Put political pressure on them about it? No need for war or invasion. There are other ways to go about getting them to do the right thing. But I guess I am not surprised that you have no problem with bigotry and are apparently quite willing to let it go on and on.

BTW...just to answer your question....she was born in Pakistan.
If she was born in Pakistan, which is what you should have said when I asked. Then so what?
You think Pakistan, you know the Pakistan that hid Osama, is going to do anything about it? You think they give a hoot about political pressure from our weak assed president?
Heck, we dont have the spine to cut off billions in aid to them.

If she was born in Pakistan, which is what you should have said when I asked. Then so what?
You think Pakistan, you know the Pakistan that hid Osama, is going to do anything about it? You think they give a hoot about political pressure from our weak assed president?
Heck, we dont have the spine to cut off billions in aid to them.

Because whether she was born there or not is irrelevent. Hanging someone because of a few words is sickening no matter who does it or what country enables it. And even Pakistan will bow out with enough poltical pressure.

Because whether she was born there or not is irrelevent. Hanging someone because of a few words is sickening no matter who does it or what country enables it. And even Pakistan will bow out with enough poltical pressure.
Any proof of that? Where was their big apology after hiding Bin Laden for 10 years while US service personel were giving life and limb in a hunt for him.

Back
Top Bottom