• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Senior Year

vergiss

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
I'm just under halfway through the first semester of 12th Grade (in the Australian public school system). I have this much to say:

I HATE SENIOR YEAR!

*ahem*

Not sure how it is in the US and other places, but here it's pressure pressure pressure with about a million assignments every week and 3 hour exams at the end of the year (not to mention midyear exams). I think my head is going to explode. I'm doing well enough, but there are moments where it just seems so stressful. I won't even mention my boyfriend being a right idiot and whinging because I can't see him as much as he likes... argh.

So, I'm wondering, all who have gone before me: what was your Year 12 like? How'd you do, do you have any secrets to success, what flaws in the system bothered you? Bad teachers? Impossible exams? etc.

vergiss said:
I'm just under halfway through the first semester of 12th Grade (in the Australian public school system). I have this much to say:

I HATE SENIOR YEAR!

*ahem*

Not sure how it is in the US and other places, but here it's pressure pressure pressure with about a million assignments every week and 3 hour exams at the end of the year (not to mention midyear exams). I think my head is going to explode. I'm doing well enough, but there are moments where it just seems so stressful. I won't even mention my boyfriend being a right idiot and whinging because I can't see him as much as he likes... argh.

I'm a junior in the American public school system.....some classes are like that, a million assignments and such.....I balance it out with a study hall....or two.....I'm doin well enough......just breathe.....breathe, and grow up to be smart:prof

And this helps me understand why the both of you have made some of the comments that you have...

No insult or anything intended...seriously. We are all in different stages of development, that is just life. Young and full of energy!

I will conduct myself differently with you now, just as I would with an elderly person...

High School was great for me, especially the senior year.

Do I see a sh1t Storm brewin? :lol:

vergiss said:

I HATE SENIOR YEAR!

*ahem*

So, I'm wondering, all who have gone before me: what was your Year 12 like? How'd you do, do you have any secrets to success, what flaws in the system bothered you? Bad teachers? Impossible exams? etc.

My senior year was a blast! 12 exams, YEAH! FCAT, YEAH! I had more fun than a humanbeing should be allowed to have. Sarcasm Alert!
I had 12 exams because I was in a 4x4 schedule. 4 classes a day, for 4 semesters a year, for 4 years.

Calm2Chaos said:
Do I see a sh1t Storm brewin? :lol:

I see irony. :lol:

I'm getting As this term in at leas two of my subjects, Drama and Psychology. Yay! :mrgreen:

vergiss said:
So, I'm wondering, all who have gone before me: what was your Year 12 like?

I didn't have one - I was hanging out with thugs and got kicked out early in the school year. Some people were surprised because I'd made the honor roll before. But I was only two credits short because I had always taken extra courses. While I was out having fun my senior year (er, what would have been ny senior year), I took two courses from an accredited correspondence school in my spare time. You should have seen the looks of amazement when I showed up for graduation ceremonies, after having been gone the whole year! :mrgreen:

BodiSatva said:
And this helps me understand why the both of you have made some of the comments that you have...

No insult or anything intended...seriously. We are all in different stages of development, that is just life. Young and full of energy!

I will conduct myself differently with you now, just as I would with an elderly person...

High School was great for me, especially the senior year.

What comments have I made?

In the other thread about context...no biggy though...

I posted the national debt for you as well.

Just remember to all the high school students here...

ENJOY IT!

the rest of life (at least for me so far) is great, but nothing is like your high school years...unless you buy into the popularity crap...but generally, high school is a fairly carefree time and you should have fun.

I had a huge problem during my senior year. I couldn't decide between the baby blue velvet tuxedo or the brown tux with the peach ruffled shirt for prom.

Either way...it sounds as if you had issues...are they yet resolved? Haha...

Nice! A guy with a crazy style...I would have gone with this one...brown tux with the peach ruffled shirt.

Actually I went with a suit and I ended up losing the tie and the jacket.

I guess that all I really did in high school was sports...track, soccer, etc. and go surfing before and after school...and just hang out. I did some schoolwork in there as well I think...

College was fun too...

Senior year was easy in Oregon, at the school of science and technology. Took a few AP classes (calc and chemistry) and a few easy classes (computer assembly and linux), worked, and got into a state college.

I've always been curious about the Australian Uni system. A girl I was seeing last summer from australia has the weirdest schedule ever. She has uni for like 8 weeks, then a month of final exams, then 2 months off, then 3 months of school, then final exams, then i dont even know, its just crazy.

Could you explain the uni timeframe for me so i have some semblence of an idea of what shes talking about next time she calls? The accent makes it hard enough as it is...=P

RightatNYU said:
I've always been curious about the Australian Uni system. A girl I was seeing last summer from australia has the weirdest schedule ever. She has uni for like 8 weeks, then a month of final exams, then 2 months off, then 3 months of school, then final exams, then i dont even know, its just crazy.

Could you explain the uni timeframe for me so i have some semblence of an idea of what shes talking about next time she calls? The accent makes it hard enough as it is...=P

...? :shock: No, in Australia the year is split into two semesters, with a two-week break in the middle of each semester and between semesters 1 and 2. Exams are at the end of each semester, and there's a nice big break during summer between university years.

Try going through high school being an overweight redhead in the band scared to fight...:roll:

After high school, I became a professional wrestler and went through every physical pain imaginable...

Now I'm waiting for the next high school reunion...paybacks are in order...:twisted:

Was the band called, "Scared to Fight" or was that you...just scared to fight?

That sucks either way...time to rub a butt on 'em.
Have you seen Gross Point Blank with John Cusack?
He gets in a massive Karate fight with a guy at his high school reunion.

Certainly not mine...

Perhaps galenrox...he likes to rub on guys... :doh

My senior year ROCKED. BUT....the day before graduation I had a swimming accident and fractured my C-4 and C-5 verta-brae. OUCH!!

Needless to say, I missed Graduation Day. But the rest of the preceding year was GREAT. Lotsa women, wine and song. Yessir.

My middle son graduates this year.......:(

Good for him, empty nest syndrome for me.....boo hoo hoo.

Two down, one to go.

cnredd said:
Try going through high school being an overweight redhead in the band scared to fight...:roll:

After high school, I became a professional wrestler and went through every physical pain imaginable...

Now I'm waiting for the next high school reunion...paybacks are in order...:twisted:

People go to high school reunions?

I thought that year 12 was ok.....

I've had a great time at uni, but this year is a real bast#@d. By Ocotber I have to write up a 17,000 word thesis based on my research on natriuretic peptides in the cane toad, and I have to do a presentation, and an oral defence of my thesis..... I'll take the pressure of high school any day!:lol:

afr0byte said:
People go to high school reunions?

my grandpa went to his 53rd hs reunion just last year, and plans on going this year.

vergiss said:

"I spent my senior prom in a gunboat off Okinawa"
-Red Foreman

Goobieman said:
"I spent my senior prom in a gunboat off Okinawa"
-Red Foreman

Red Foreman is a great man :smile:

Just sit back and relax your senoir year. Chances are you've already been accepted to the college your going to attend so as long as you keep respectable grades you should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom