• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Senior GOP Officials Exploring Options if Trump Drops Out

Dittohead not!

master political analyst
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
[h=1]Senior GOP Officials Exploring Options if Trump Drops Out[/h]
Republican officials are exploring how to handle a scenario that would be unthinkable in a normal election year: What would happen if the party's presidential nominee dropped out?
ABC News has learned that senior party officials are so frustrated — and confused — by Donald Trump's erratic behavior that they are exploring how to replace him on the ballot if he drops out.

I thought the VP nominee would automatically take over the ticket, but it seems that's not so.

According to the article, he'd have to drop out by early September in order for the party to have time to get the new candidate on the ballot. Better hurry.

Trump got taken off message, plus the effect is magnified by the MSM, and by over sampling of the DNC bounce. And I'm sure Trump is getting series message management time.

The MSM needs a fresh rabbit to chase.

Not going to happen, Trump will not drop out. GOP is stuck with him.

You don't think that there is any way that the senior GOP officials can convince him or twist his arm or in some way make him do the right thing?

I'm pretty sure he won't drop out without some sort of "encouragement" from the GOP though.

[h=1]Senior GOP Officials Exploring Options if Trump Drops Out[/h]

I thought the VP nominee would automatically take over the ticket, but it seems that's not so.

According to the article, he'd have to drop out by early September in order for the party to have time to get the new candidate on the ballot. Better hurry.

This is a great example of Media bias and influence. It isn't fair that ABC just says "senior party officials" instead of saying some specific people. The reason they won't is because I'm sure this is all made up propaganda. One need only know Trump to know that he is NOT going to drop out. This is true media bull*))(()&)(&() hype made up.

Reps and Dems need to demand better. We need to demand from ABC to name names and give us sources. This is probably some paper pusher administrator who isn't really a Republican who spouted off after some wine what she wanted to happen, not what anyone has actually discussed!

You don't think that there is any way that the senior GOP officials can convince him or twist his arm or in some way make him do the right thing?

I'm pretty sure he won't drop out without some sort of "encouragement" from the GOP though.

Nope, I don't see it. I mean, I guess anything is possible. But to me, Trump comes off as such a blind egomaniac that he cannot help but see himself as always right and always the right person for the job, and above everyone and everything else. I cannot imagine him to have the humility to step aside for the Party.

This is a great example of Media bias and influence. It isn't fair that ABC just says "senior party officials" instead of saying some specific people. The reason they won't is because I'm sure this is all made up propaganda. One need only know Trump to know that he is NOT going to drop out. This is true media bull*))(()&)(&() hype made up.

Reps and Dems need to demand better. We need to demand from ABC to name names and give us sources. This is probably some paper pusher administrator who isn't really a Republican who spouted off after some wine what she wanted to happen, not what anyone has actually discussed!

The media is biased against Trump, who is the worst thing to have happened to the GOP in recent memory, because they want to help that party get back on track. Therefore, the MSM must lean Republican. Otherwise, they'd just ignore Trump and then applaud when he goes down and possibly takes a lot of GOP congresspeople with him.

It's all quite logical in a twisted and perverted sort of way. Nothing is as it seems in this election cycle.

Nope, I don't see it. I mean, I guess anything is possible. But to me, Trump comes off as such a blind egomaniac that he cannot help but see himself as always right and always the right person for the job, and above everyone and everything else. I cannot imagine him to have the humility to step aside for the Party.

You have a good point there.

Too bad for the GOP. Maybe next time, they won't be so anxious to nominate a fraud and demagogue as their presidential candidate.

You have a good point there.

Too bad for the GOP. Maybe next time, they won't be so anxious to nominate a fraud and demagogue as their presidential candidate.

I don't think the GOP was anxious to nominate him. I think they got fudged and are stuck with him. I think both Republican and Democrat have worked for their Party Power at the expense of the People for so long that the People are pissed off about it and looking to find alternatives. Trump ran as that alternative, and the GOP had a ton of other candidates to boot. So party structure liked the Jebs and the others who would toe the party line, but the people who were pissed didn't want another Party Player. They picked Trump and the GOP, I really do think, was flabbergasted to see that he made it through. I don't think they took him seriously for quite some time.

They couldn't quite pull off anything at their convention that would get rid of Trump, so they were forced to go with him.

I don't think the GOP was anxious to nominate him. I think they got fudged and are stuck with him. I think both Republican and Democrat have worked for their Party Power at the expense of the People for so long that the People are pissed off about it and looking to find alternatives. Trump ran as that alternative, and the GOP had a ton of other candidates to boot. So party structure liked the Jebs and the others who would toe the party line, but the people who were pissed didn't want another Party Player. They picked Trump and the GOP, I really do think, was flabbergasted to see that he made it through. I don't think they took him seriously for quite some time.

They couldn't quite pull off anything at their convention that would get rid of Trump, so they were forced to go with him.

Well, maybe in 2020, unless the Trumpeteers come back.

Not going to happen, Trump will not drop out. GOP is stuck with him.

no the gop is not stuck with trump,trump is the head of the gop,why would he leave ,not because mr kahn made his son's death political and got his feelings hurt .

run don run

no the gop is not stuck with trump,trump is the head of the gop,why would he leave ,not because mr kahn made his son's death political and got his feelings hurt .

run don run

Trump is not the head of the GOP. They have actual people who chair the GOP and such. He is the GOP presidential candidate, and the GOP is indeed stuck with him. Until he loses this election, then they can sweep it all under the rug and pretend Trump never happened...which is what they'll do.

i got your Trumpeteer right here come get it .

run don run

Sing it with me:

D-O-N-A-L-D T-R-U-M-P!

Donald Trump.

Make America the happiest place on Earth!

Fireworks.jpg

Back
Top Bottom