• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Senators on hot mic: Trump is ‘crazy,’ ‘I’m worried’

A little less than 60% is a majority of the time is it not?

If I wanted to distort what nota said, I would've cropped her quote to ignore something... like you just did cutting out what I just presented from her post here... that you cropped out.
You said 99%...you are wrong period.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It is not a grade.

It is a majority of the time. No amount of ridiculous grammar school grade-scale spin will erase that fact.
LOL @ your attempt to paint her as some sort of solid Republican party line voter because she votes with her party on more than half the votes. What she is in practical terms is a progressive republican in a state comprised of many libertarians. I have had the pleasure of spending a few months in Maine for work. I covered most of the state spending a couple weeks in each area before moving to the next. Most of the state is very rural and most of the residents are blue collar. Moderates fit that states M.O. most of the people I encountered were very friendly and welcoming but at the same time they minded their own business. If it wasn't so damn cold I would consider living there.

If I were to guess I would bet that you want to portray her as a solid con because it advances the narrative that Trump is disliked by everyone. The reality is that you really need to look at all her votes and determine why she voted for against each one to really grade her appropriately.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

No, I mean start working for the people instead of for themselves and their own continued power.

For which people? Whose people are we talking about here?

Exactly.
These days, being a Republican means that you d exactly as you're told 100% of the time.
That's how you get a good grade—obedience.

Or at least that seems to be the argument.
Why not? Democrats are very good at that, why should Republicans expect different.

Lol you think Graham is revered?

Do you know who the 6 GOP senators are who are PUBLICLY supporting trump right now. I understand the fear of trumposters seeing him finally **** up with his base .

Exactly.
These days, being a Republican means that you d exactly as you're told 100% of the time.
That's how you get a good grade—obedience.

Or at least that seems to be the argument.

I see it as a threat from trump/bannon to get primaried, as well as McConnell buying them off with bribes .

LOL @ your attempt to paint her as some sort of solid Republican party line voter because she votes with her party on more than half the votes. What she is in practical terms is a progressive republican in a state comprised of many libertarians. I have had the pleasure of spending a few months in Maine for work. I covered most of the state spending a couple weeks in each area before moving to the next. Most of the state is very rural and most of the residents are blue collar. Moderates fit that states M.O. most of the people I encountered were very friendly and welcoming but at the same time they minded their own business. If it wasn't so damn cold I would consider living there.

If I were to guess I would bet that you want to portray her as a solid con because it advances the narrative that Trump is disliked by everyone. The reality is that you really need to look at all her votes and determine why she voted for against each one to really grade her appropriately.

Just saying it's hard to cast her out as a RINO when she votes with her party the majority of the time. Ya'lls party purification standards are insane.

From what friends at the U tell me, Dr. A is a great person but also a die-hard Clintonista.

If I were the GOP candidate, I would only hammer two things: Allen loves Clinton, Allen loves Pelosi.

She would lose by 20 points.

The sooner the Berniecrats get over Clinton the better. It will be just like the other 4 special elections, close the gap in 2018 and win in 2020 .

Just saying it's hard to cast her out as a RINO when she votes with her party the majority of the time. Ya'lls party purification standards are insane.

On a similar note, you're pragmatic enough to see the same thing with purity Berniecrats also .

On a similar note, you're pragmatic enough to see the same thing with purity Berniecrats also .

Actually I saw it as the left wing of the democratic party having been booted out due to DLC standards of purification that started in the Clinton years.

Utah seems to have benevolent fascism partnership of public and private down to a science. There "Lds socialized culture" is enforced in the legislature. The drink drive limit is going to be 05%, and the management of the state liquor stores, I understand, are a disgrace.

I first started going to Vernal, Utah after my sophomore year in college, following my millwright journeymen buddies. That's back when you had to bring your own beer. Thats also when we couldn't get Coors east of the Mississippi, so we'd stop in Colorado to load up.

We were so ****en poor back then. We camped north of Vernal at Steinaker and Red Fleet and would go up to Flaming Gorge on their days off. I fell in love with Utah 44 years ago .

Last edited:
Actually I saw it as the left wing of the democratic party having been booted out due to DLC standards of purification that started in the Clinton years.

I would agree with that also. One of my military Dad's -isms was 'it takes two to make three'.

We actually have too many candidates running in primaries to oppose at-risk GOPs, 3.9 on average per seat.

Some of them will be bloody and play into the GOP hands in the general, like last year's DEM primary for POTUS .

I first started going to Vernal, Utah after my sophomore year in college, following my millwright journeymen buddies. That's back when you had to bring your own beer. Thats also when we couldn't get Coors east of the Mississippi, so we'd stop in Colorado to load up.

We were so ****en poor back then. We camped north of Vernal at Steinaker and Red Fleet and would go up to Flaming Gorge on their days off. I fell in love with Utah 44 years ago .
I have property in SLC and St. George, and get to the state often.

The sooner the Berniecrats get over Clinton the better. It will be just like the other 4 special elections, close the gap in 2018 and win in 2020 .

The sensible part of the Dems have abandoned Clinton and Perez and Pelosi. Those days of majority support are gone, I think.

The sensible part of the Dems have abandoned Clinton and Perez and Pelosi. Those days of majority support are gone, I think.

For now, I would ease out Pelosi in public and let Steny Hoyer handle that more. DEMs actually have more caucuses within their house caucus than GOPs.

Let the GOP slice and dice each other while all DEMs rally around the positive message of the 'BETTER DEAL'.

I have property in SLC and St. George, and get to the state often.

We've seen enough of the National Parks there and they're overcrowded, though the Narrows in Zion are worth it. I would highly recommend the North rim of the Grand Canyon, only accessible from Kanab, Utah.

Another cool place off the radar are the 'Slot Canyons'. Still another is the Escalante staircase out of the Dixie Nat'l Forest going west. Then further west out of Boulder, Utah isn't for the faint-hearted.

My focus now is on the Wasatch and high Uintahs, especially since the roads are now paved and better. We're going to the Black Hills and Mount Rushmore next week. There's an awesome 90-mile car loop through the Black Hills .

I dont have intimate knowledge of her voting record but based on the limited knowledge of some of the positions she has taken in the past. I tend to believe she is likely a RINO. She has sided with the dems position and against the gop platform on multiple ocassions. RINO or not its safe to say she is not a lock and step gop platform voter.

I dont have intimate knowledge of her voting record but based on the limited knowledge of some of the positions she has taken in the past. I tend to believe she is likely a RINO. She has sided with the dems position and against the gop platform on multiple ocassions. RINO or not its safe to say she is not a lock and step gop platform voter.

Collins is also strongly considering a run for governor, to replace term-limited Le Page.

Former Sen. Olympia Snowe was an even better Mainer, where my Dad's family is from and where I've been more than a dozen times.

Snowe finally quit in disgust over where the party had gone, replaced by even-keeled Indy and former Gov. Angus King .

Yea, Sue Collins, suck it up sister because you're no better than Trump is. And WaPo, you guys suck just as much and for the same reason.

No, actually not Lutherf.

That deplorable mother****er of congressman threatened to try and fight her to the death.
They ridiculed him in direct response.

That's the sign of a sane person.

So is ridiculing the POTUS for being a crazy mother****er...he's given us more than enough evidence to convict him of that 10x over.

"RINO", every one drink!

LOL...ya, I always wonder how someone gets designated as "RINO"... I picture a sign, like you see by rollercoasters: "You must be *THIS* much of a jackass to be a *REAL* Republican*.... hehehe...

No, actually not Lutherf.

That deplorable mother****er of congressman threatened to try and fight her to the death.
They ridiculed him in direct response.

That's the sign of a sane person.

So is ridiculing the POTUS for being a crazy mother****er...he's given us more than enough evidence to convict him of that 10x over.

So as long as insulting personal commentary based on one's physique and/or appearance are couched in ridicule then it's all good?

Got it.

Back
Top Bottom