• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Senator Lindsey Graham will not comply with subpoena in Georgia election probe

madman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
this ****er is going down!!

Attorneys for Senator Lindsey Graham say he will not comply with a subpoena issued to him as part of a Fulton County, Georgia grand jury investigation into former president Donald Trump’s push to overturn Joe Biden’s 2020 election victory in the Peach State.

In a statement provided to The Independent, attorneys Bart Daniel and Matt Austin say Fulton County investigators have told them Mr Graham is “simply a witness” and “neither a subject nor target of the investigation” but dismissed the investigation being overseen by Fulton County DA Fani Willis as “all politics”.

The attorneys further accused Ms Willis of conducting a “fishing expedition” and “working in concert with the January 6 Committee in Washington”.

“Any information from an interview or deposition with Senator Graham would immediately be shared with the January 6 Committee,” the attorneys said, though they offered no evidence to support their claims. By law, grand jury investigations are considered secret and prosecutors can face heavy penalties if they disclose information under unauthorised circumstances.

“Senator Graham was well within his rights to discuss with state officials the processes and procedures around administering elections,” they said. “Should it stand, the subpoena issued today would erode the constitutional balance of power and the ability of a Member of Congress to do their job”.

Attorneys for Senator Lindsey Graham say he will not comply with a subpoena issued to him as part of a Fulton County, Georgia grand jury investigation into former president Donald Trump’s push to overturn Joe Biden’s 2020 election victory in the Peach State.

In a statement provided to The Independent, attorneys Bart Daniel and Matt Austin say Fulton County investigators have told them Mr Graham is “simply a witness” and “neither a subject nor target of the investigation” but dismissed the investigation being overseen by Fulton County DA Fani Willis as “all politics”.

The attorneys further accused Ms Willis of conducting a “fishing expedition” and “working in concert with the January 6 Committee in Washington”.

“Any information from an interview or deposition with Senator Graham would immediately be shared with the January 6 Committee,” the attorneys said, though they offered no evidence to support their claims. By law, grand jury investigations are considered secret and prosecutors can face heavy penalties if they disclose information under unauthorised circumstances.

“Senator Graham was well within his rights to discuss with state officials the processes and procedures around administering elections,” they said. “Should it stand, the subpoena issued today would erode the constitutional balance of power and the ability of a Member of Congress to do their job”.
Trump will pay for his lawyers so why should he comply? The obstruction never ceases.

If they are all innocent, he and all of his Trump loving friends, then why is he fighting this?

He has nothing to worry about as long as he tells the truth, right?

I sincerely hate how much protection these parasites think they have.

Trump will pay for his lawyers so why should he comply? The obstruction never ceases.
Correction: Trump's gullible fans will pay for his lawyers.... Trump has never paid anything for anyone. He's too cheap or doesn't have the funds he says he does or both.

Sounds like a hail mary, more than anything. But I suppose I don't recall all that much about the nature of immunity and standing issues in this context. I'm guessing it doesn't do much of anything for him, especially where he is not currently a subject or target.

He's just being a good little quisling, doing his bit to help destroy democracy.

If they are all innocent, he and all of his Trump loving friends, then why is he fighting this?

He has nothing to worry about as long as he tells the truth, right?
That's the humongous obvious rub, isn't it? These pukes do everything humanly and possibly inhumanly possible to gum the wheels of justice up. If they cooperated from the git go, chances are hardly anything legal is done against them. All that's required is telling the truth. Oh wait, I forgot. We're talking about corrupt politicians needing to simply cooperate. Never mind.

Lindsey Graham should be arrested for contempt of court (grand jury?) and dragged before the grand jury. If he refuses to answer questions as a witness, then he should remain in jail for contempt of court, just like any other citizen who refuses to testify under subpœna. Graham is not above the law and nor is former president Trump. Lock him up in a special Communications Management Unit (CMU) so he can enjoy the experience that he and other authoritarian Congress members created for others who fall afoul of power in America. He'll start talking pretty quickly after that.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

No righties have responded to this thread yet.

****er Carlson must still be working on their marching orders.

Graham's basis for ignoring the subpoena is that it's all politics. I'm going to try that myself if I'm ever subpoenaed. Think it'll work?

Depends on whether you're a legislator acting in your official capacity, it seems. Methinks it wouldn't. And I'd hope it doesn't for him. But who knows, maybe it'll go up to this SCOTUS and they'll say interfering in elections to help a Republican steal them is well within the legislature's official capacity. . . .

Nothing progressives demand should be pandered to. NOTHING.
Nothing progressives want should be given to them. NOTHING.
By definition a progressive is anti-Constitution, anti-American.
There's no obligation to give a damn what some progressive attorney in GA wants.

This sounds like the advice trump's attorneys are giving him. Cause that's how innocent people should act--running away from justice.

There's no obligation to give a damn what some progressive attorney in GA wants.

Channe79:

If I declare myself a progressive and if I want and demand to read more of your posts, then will your avatar and posts disappear in a puff of smoke? I hope not. Your erudite and non-biased posts are far too valuable to this forum for us all to lose. ;)

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

Last edited:
This sounds like the advice trump's attorneys are giving him. Cause that's how innocent people should act--running away from justice.

Nothing democrats do these days is in the name of justice. Progressives hate the Constitution and America.
Given that fact, there's no Constitutional or legal obligation to listen to anything any any progressive democrat demands.
Not a single democrat in my State or the federal government is my representative. I have no loyalty to them.
My loyalty is to the Constitution.

That's the humongous obvious rub, isn't it? These pukes do everything humanly and possibly inhumanly possible to gum the wheels of justice up. If they cooperated from the git go, chances are hardly anything legal is done against them. All that's required is telling the truth. Oh wait, I forgot. We're talking about corrupt politicians needing to simply cooperate. Never mind.
;)(y)

Nothing democrats do these days is in the name of justice. Progressives hate the Constitution and America.
Given that fact, there's no Constitutional or legal obligation to listen to anything any any progressive democrat demands.

^ Another unhinged, hypocritical post.

Not a single democrat in my State or the federal government is my representative. I have no loyalty to them.
My loyalty is to the Constitution.
That's some John Eastman level lawyering right there!

^ Another unhinged, hypocritical post.

Nothing unhinged about rejecting the demands of anti-American, anti-Constitution people. Do you think the Fulton County, Georgia DA Fani Millis gives a damn about me, America, or what I fight for ? No, she's another two bit leftist blm and antifa supporting piece of trash. I have zero obligation to assume she cares about me and my fellow Americans.

Back
Top Bottom