• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Senator John McCain: Russians deserve better than Putin - Pravada Article

pravda?

Mainstream media? hahaha

It's amazing to me that they actually published something like this. Pravda is effectively a mouthpiece of the Kremlin.
Not really ;). Btw, McCain could stand to practice writing. It's rough around the edges. Perhaps next time he can delegate it to one of his aides.

Dear Senator McCain, I respect your service but shut up.

I need to follow-up on Ed’s post, partly because the demand among righties for news that embarrasses Maverick is inexhaustible, partly because people who are snickering about this are snickering for the wrong reason, and partly because I’m irritated that even a dumb counter-troll to Putin’s op-ed in the Times can’t be carried off correctly by American leaders these days. McCain’s being goofed on because the “Pravda” website to which he submitted his anti-Putin op-ed actually isn’t affiliated with the newspaper he obviously had in mind when he told Jake Tapper that he’d “love a commentary in Pravda.” He was thinking, surely, of the “Pravda” that every American of a certain age knows and loathes as a mouthpiece for Russian communists. That Pravda still exists, sort of, but it has nothing to do with the website. He baited the wrong “Pravda”!
By the way, McCain may have submitted his anti-Putin op-ed to the wrong “Pravda” « Hot Air

The GOP octopus of fright-wing tentacles will be strangling Sen. McCain in no time.
How dare McCain speak back to their new KGB hero, Putin.

I read it earlier today. I'm glad it came off pretentious to Russians. Putin needed to be smacked around for his own audaciousness.

It's amazing to me that they actually published something like this. Pravda is effectively a mouthpiece of the Kremlin.

Pravda is no such thing. It's really just a Russian blog.. with only about 100,000 circulation.

That would make sense how it even got published. Consider just how rough McCain is on Putin, it doesn't make sense how the Kremlin mouth piece would have published that.

Also, McCain is right even if you don't like him.

So you think that we should engage Syria with our military, side with the Free Syrian army which is backed by Islamists from the Muslim Brotherhood who are fighting side by side and sometimes with AlQaeda. While Assad says he will give up his chemical weapons albeit the offer is so convoluted it will never happen, the rebels that McCain backs say they are keeping theirs. That's just swell.

Putin is the only reason we haven't bombed Syria by now, well than and the fact that Obama has no clue what he's doing. For me, I'm glad the Russians stopped our military involvement in Syria. We have no business there other than having some kind of dick comparing contest with yet another Middle Eastern country.

That would make sense how it even got published. Consider just how rough McCain is on Putin, it doesn't make sense how the Kremlin mouth piece would have published that.

Also, McCain is right even if you don't like him.

Again, Pravda only has a 100,000 circulation today in Russia.. it's not widely read. Hell, the Columbus Dispatch has a larger circulation. What John McCain has proven to the world is he'd argue with a statue of Stalin because he still thinks it's 1979.

McCain is absolutely correct about Putin, but its weird that he get's so many people's support here because not long ago people who criticized Russia were accused of being stuck in the Soviet Era and didn't know the Cold War is over.

McCain is absolutely correct about Putin, but its weird that he get's so many people's support here because not long ago people who criticized Russia were accused of being stuck in the Soviet Era and didn't know the Cold War is over.

And everything McCain said could be said about the US. If you are gonna throw stones make sure you don't live in a glass house as well.

McCain, the quintessential RINO, rushes with the other Liberals to defend his buddy Obama.

I wonder if McCain can explain how a POW can be pro-war.

McCain, the quintessential RINO, rushes with the other Liberals to defend his buddy Obama.

Since when did it become RINO to attack a Russian leader?

Since McCain, overall, continues to help sustain McConnell's unprecedented use of the filibuster.

He needs to go back under a bridge with the rest of the trolls. McCain is a horrible person and the only reason why he's pretending to give a **** about Syrians is because defense contractors gave him nearly 180k to push for war.

You gotta give the old fart some credit, seeing that he can still a suck some pretty good corporate **** at his age.

And everything McCain said could be said about the US. If you are gonna throw stones make sure you don't live in a glass house as well.

His glass house is being guarded by the Kongressional security forces.

Putin is the only reason we haven't bombed Syria by now.
Correction: our threats of bombing Syria are the only thing that has made Putin and Assad negotiate on chemical weapons. Assad wouldn't even admit that he had any chemical weapons prior to our threat.

For me, I'm glad the Russians stopped our military involvement in Syria.
Yes I too am glad that Putin and Assad finally were willing to give in a little......after the threat of a US airstrike.

Last edited:
next month, he'll probably advocate bombing the Russians.

Obama sucks on many issues, but i'm glad McCain didn't win. we'd be up to our ass in at least three wars right now if he had.

Correction: our threats of bombing Syria are the only thing that has made Putin and Assad negotiate on chemical weapons.

Yes I too am glad that Putin and Assad finally were willing to give in a little......after the threat of a US airstrike.

Getting Obama to stand down was a Russian initiative. The Russians have all the power with Assad because they support him. Obama has ceded all of America's influence in the Middle East to Russia who now support Iran, Syria, Iraq by way of Iran and in large measure Turkey. Libya is uncooperative with US interests because after the fall of Kadafi it's descended into chaos and Egypt is in a struggle with the Muslim brotherhood. America has no influence there. The rest of the Middle East gives tacit support to the Muslim Brotherhood that is attempting to rid all non Muslims from the Middle East. The US no longer has any influence in any country other than Israel and the leadership there tolerates Obama but relationships with him are strained.

Basically, Obama's policy of appeasement and leading from behind has taken the US out of power in the Middle East and the only reason that we have not struck in Syria is that Russia has out matched the Obama administration tactically. Assad will keep his chemical weapons stockpile as Obama now drops this into the lap of the UN where nothing effective will happen because Russia and China control their actions.

It's a mess because Obama doesn't know what he's doing, but that comes as no surprise.

Getting Obama to stand down was a Russian initiative.
Unquestionable support of Assad seemed to be a Russian initiative....that is, until the threat of US airstrikes.

The Russians have all the power with Assad because they support him.
Apparently they don't have ALL the power considering how they're SUDDENLY now willing to give in a little.

Libya is uncooperative with US interests because after the fall of Kadafi it's descended into chaos and Egypt is in a struggle with the Muslim brotherhood. America has no influence there. The rest of the Middle East gives tacit support to the Muslim Brotherhood that is attempting to rid all non Muslims from the Middle East.
Interesting how any and all US intervention in the Middle East is oh sooo horrible and yet Putin giving weapons to a dictator like Assad apparently doesn't warrant any criticism.

America has no influence there.
Unless we threaten to use military force....then suddenly we do. I wonder if there's any connection?

and the only reason that we have not struck in Syria is that Russia has out matched the Obama administration tactically. .
Or because Assad and Putin are finally cooperating a little. That could be the reason as well.

Back
Top Bottom