• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Senator John McCain: Russians deserve better than Putin - Pravada Article

I wouldn't be surprised if all of it were true. McCain has consistently proven to be a sellout.

Err you do realize he is a ****ing joke and his people are idiots?

What did he say in the article that was wrong?

Pravda.ru is a small blog site and not the old newspaper. The old newspaper was originally closed down by Yeltsin and reborn as the Communist party's 3 day a week newsletter with 100k circulation.

So Putin got his article in one of the biggest news papers on the planet, and McCain on an online blog/newssite, most Russian dont even know exists.

Which would explain how he even got it in the Russian Press. The mouthpiece wouldn't publish something like that. But a tiny blog makes more sense.

Obama isn't fighting the cold war and I'm not talking about it.

Jesus Christ. Oh boy. You have much to learn. I pointed out the lesson of the Cold War that you clearly never learned. Enemies are rarely ever monoliths. This took the US 40 years to learn but you clearly haven't bothered to pick that lesson up.

Obama was going to use military force on Assad putting him on the side of the FSA

Why do you refer to a term that is nothing but a term? An army implies cooperation, coordination and control. Syria's rebels do not have that. Stop using that term.

and contrary to what you say, one exists.

How is a rag tag bunch of fighters all doing their own thing without any central command, control, supply, or coordination an army? The KLA in Kosovo was way more organized, disciplined and controlled than the Syrian rebels. The Syrian rebels are a large number of smaller groups all fighting for their own agendas without any real central command much less coordination or supply. That is not an army. Did we refer to the Iraqi insurgents as an army? No, because they weren't an army. So stop calling the Syrian rebels an army.

You keep using a term you do not understand.

McCain claims to have visited them. You are right that there are many groups in the fight. Some rebel groups fight against the FSA. It's a mess and for my money, we should step aside and let them duke it out. All Obama has done is stick his nose into something it didn't belong, demonstrate his weakness and give Russia and Assad the upper hand. It's a mess and we should avoid it all together.

You didn't answer my question.

So you believe a Hobbesian World order is better for the world then?

Jesus Christ. Oh boy. You have much to learn. I pointed out the lesson of the Cold War that you clearly never learned. Enemies are rarely ever monoliths. This took the US 40 years to learn but you clearly haven't bothered to pick that lesson up.

Why do you refer to a term that is nothing but a term? An army implies cooperation, coordination and control. Syria's rebels do not have that. Stop using that term.

How is a rag tag bunch of fighters all doing their own thing without any central command, control, supply, or coordination an army? The KLA in Kosovo was way more organized, disciplined and controlled than the Syrian rebels. The Syrian rebels are a large number of smaller groups all fighting for their own agendas without any real central command much less coordination or supply. That is not an army. Did we refer to the Iraqi insurgents as an army? No, because they weren't an army. So stop calling the Syrian rebels an army.

You keep using a term you do not understand.

You didn't answer my question.

So you believe a Hobbesian World order is better for the world then?

I just have one question for you. Who the f do you are that you can tell me what term I can use? The truth is I think you are full of **** and don't have a particularly good grip on the Syrian situation. Put another way, I think your opinion is based on your opinion and not necessarily grounded in fact. Take your Hobbbesian and shove it.

Hows that for an answer?

I just have one question for you. Who the f do you are that you can tell me what term I can use?

Someone who understand English. You are free to define words as you see fit, I am also free to point out how you are wrong in their usage. What is the point in language when people freely ignore the actual definitions of words?

The truth is I think you are full of **** and don't have a particularly good grip on the Syrian situation. Put another way, I think your opinion is based on your opinion and not necessarily grounded in fact. Take your Hobbbesian and shove it.

Hows that for an answer?

And that crosses you off the informed list of posters here.

Do you even know who Hobbes was?

Back
Top Bottom