• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Senator Jay Rockefeller Wishes FCC Would Shut Down Fox News

Councilman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Great Idea. Oh wait the FCC can't shut down cable anything. Oops!

This is further evidence that Fox is having a positive effect and needs to keep the pressure on and keep telling the truth.

MSMBC could go away and only a few thousand people might, might notice.

Oh it also turns of that Jay's wife Sharon Percy Rockefeller is on the board of extreme left PBS and others. Double Oops!

Senator Jay Rockefeller Wishes FCC Would Shut Down Fox News - FoxNews.com
A powerful Democratic senator, pointing the finger at cable news for a politically toxic climate in Washington, unleashed a stunning tirade in which he expressed his desire to see the Federal Communications Commission shut down Fox News and MSNBC.

"I'm tired of the right and the left," West Virginia Sen. Jay Rockefeller said Wednesday during a Senate hearing on retransmission consent. "There's a little bug inside of me which wants to get the FCC to say to Fox and to MSNBC, 'Out. Off. End. Goodbye.' "

Last edited:
Of course Rockefeller doesn't like Fox. Sunlight is toxic to those who thrive in the dark.

FCC controls communication. It doesn't shut down tv stations but has them in fear of showing anything that would go against the will of the FCC.

He's free not to listen just like everyone else.

This is true, and I don't advocate shutting down any communication (and I don't think he meant it in reality - thus the "little bug" statement).

But I'm sick to death of it, too and have stopped watching all television news, period. It doesn't properly inform the nation at all. It merely pontificates for profit and sells people what they want to hear. Journalism is basically dead in this nation - especially on television. Rumors are reported as if they are facts ($200,000,000 a day and 1/3 of the US Navy going to India, anyone?) and people violate their ethical requirement to report bias (Olbermann, anyone?).

The closest I'll come to it is watching an episode of The Daily Show maybe once a month and that's just so I can laugh at how stupid this whole mess has become.

If CBS, et al wouldn't have gone left, there would be no Fox because there would be no need for it.

Or he doesn't like all the partisan bitchiness that passes for journalism these days...

You sound like a Firster, and by the way telling the truth is not bitchiness.

And you also need to learn the difference between NEWS and Pundit talk shows. The confusion seems to cloud the judgment of so many.

If tou want to see Bitchiness in the news just watch ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, PBS, or listen to RPR, or Alan Combs now there is a bitch.

Lying about what Fox News does, is bitchiness.

I notice people all the time claims that Hannity, O'Reilly, and Beck are liars but they can never come up with a specific example.

By the way these are not News shows.

Jay Rockefeller should be smarter than the average dumb ass but alas he's just as dumb.

Or he doesn't like all the partisan bitchiness that passes for journalism these days...
The partisan bitchiness is from NPR. We're talking about Fox, and how Rockefeller is threatened by the exposure.

If I am not mistaken Jay Rockefeller is related too the New York Rockefeller center in which Glenn somehow made a conspiracy about how it showed Communist taking over america, I won't blame him for not wanting that propaganda around thought. And I am laughing at how you think PBS is Far left when its called the Public Broadcasting Station. Which means its less biased than Fox, and MSNBC, but I think anything that is to left of the far right is somehow far left.

Wow, this thread is ridiculously loaded...maybe if you just considered including, "Shut Down Fox News and MSNBC" it'd be a little better....

If I am not mistaken Jay Rockefeller is related too the New York Rockefeller center in which Glenn somehow made a conspiracy about how it showed Communist taking over america, I won't blame him for not wanting that propaganda around thought. And I am laughing at how you think PBS is Far left when its called the Public Broadcasting Station. Which means its less biased than Fox, and MSNBC, but I think anything that is to left of the far right is somehow far left.

LOL, like NPR (National Public Radio)?

Back
Top Bottom