• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Senator Herschel Walker, seriously gop?

LOL, your point is taken.
Thank you.
That is pretty stupid of HW.

Reactions: PoS
He's been very successful in his life, owns one of the largest minority-owned food suppliers in the US, so, what makes him as you called him, "a few grapes short of a fruit basket"?
Has he? Does he? There seems to be more than a little doubt about that.

Don't both sides this nonsense. Democrats have a platform. ANd dem voters would never vote for the Taliban that the GOP has become, and all republicans vote with the group. The republican voters vote the biggest scumbags, they even voted a guy convicted of murder who was an R. So please don't both sides this.
You're mistaken in thinking I'm talking about Republican and Democrats. I explicitly stated independents. Those less to non-partisans, the non-affiliated, the swing voters. I gave the numbers on how so far independents are viewing the Walker/Warnock matchup. I don’t care how Republicans and or Democrats view this matchup. They’re not going to decide the winner. They’re irrelevant to the final outcome in this case. Democrats could run Atilla the Hun, Democrats would vote for Republicans could run Genghis Khan; they’d vote for him if he had a R behind his name, again no questions asked.. For them, Republicans and Democrats it’s all about the letter behind the name. It isn’t about candidates or who is the best or worst. It just the letter that counts. Republicans and democrats are basically mindless robots following the dictates of their party’s leaders. No free thinkers allowed in either party. One must pass a myriad of litmus tests and be deemed pure or out you go.

I don’t give a hog’s oink about the two major parties. Now I do study and delve deeply into independents. They’re all over the place, voting GOP this election, Democratic the next, throw in a bunch of third-party voters. Very fascinating. Republicans and democrats are boring as all Hades. I let both do and say what they want and usually ignore the whole lot to include all their partisan rants and lunatic propaganda. I’m a free thinker and think for myself, as such I would never be allowed in either party.

So, is Herschel lying or is he this uninformed?

It boggles my mind that some folks will indeed vote for him for no other reason than he played for georgia. Well mr. walker why do you think you are qualified for the senate? Because I played for georgia a hundred years ago. Oh, ok. This is why the gop has such screwed up leadership, they are elected for all the wrong reasons.

There's NEVER been an intellectual standard in the GOP. Today, more than ever, though, they value intangibles like senseless piety and enjoying the flavor of Trump's mushroom.

Walker has something like a gazillion or so lead in the primary from what I just saw on tv.

Seriously gop? This is the best you have to offer the citizens of georgia?

Ok, ok, now back to reality. Not debating his opponents before the primary is one thing, try pulling that before the general and see where it gets walker. Who am I kidding? Debates or no debates, walker is going to get killed in the general.

All this winning, the gop should be tired of it already.

Walker is probably a higher functioning individual than your imbecile president and brain dead VP regardless of his limitations.

-snip-
Seriously gop? This is the best you have to offer the citizens of georgia?
-snip-
LOL ! Why limit it to Herschel? We're down to one major political party vs a criminal conspiracy cult-of-personality reacting to losing
the popular vote in the presidential elections of 1992, 1996, 2000, 2008, 2012, 2016, and in 2020 by hyper-radicalizing its dwindling voter base to enthusiastically support restricting and then nullifying the voting results deemed unfavorable by the wealthiest conspiratorial cult donors.

The cult accomplishes this by communicating constant, predominantly white supremacist themed, Psy-Ops at MSM and at the poorly educated. In November, 2020, Trump attracted the voting majorities of 16 of the 20 states of lowest average adult education level.

49. West Virginia
> Median household income:
$48,850
> at least a bachelor’s degree: 21.1% (the lowest)
> Poverty rate:
16.0% (6th highest)
> Median home value: $124,600 (the lowest)
> Population: 1,792,147

50. Mississippi
> income:
$45,792
> at least a bachelor’s degree: 22.3% (2nd lowest)
> Poverty (the highest)
> home value: $128,200 (2nd lowest)
> Population: 2,976,149

48. Arkansas
> income:
$48,952
> at least a bachelor’s degree: 23.3% (3rd lowest)
> Poverty : 16.2% (5th highest)
> home value: $136,200 (3rd lowest)
> Population: 3,017,804

47. Louisiana
> income:
$51,073
> at least a bachelor’s degree: 25.0% (4th lowest)
> Poverty : 19.0% (2nd highest)
> home value: $172,100 (13th lowest)
> Population: 4,648,794

44. Kentucky
> income:
$52,295
> at least a bachelor’s degree: 25.1% (5th lowest)
> Poverty : 16.3% (4th highest)
> home value: $151,700 (5th lowest)
> Population: 4,467,673

24. Nevada (voted for Biden)
> income:
$63,276
> at least a bachelor’s degree: 25.7% (6th lowest)
> Poverty : 12.5% (21st highest)
> home value: $317,800 (11th highest)
> Population: 3,080,156

43. Oklahoma
> income:
$54,449
> at least a bachelor’s degree: 26.2% (7th lowest)
> Poverty (8th highest)
> home value: $147,000 (4th lowest)
> Population: 3,956,971

46. Alabama
> income:
$51,734
> at least a bachelor’s degree: 26.3% (8th lowest)
> Poverty (7th highest)
> home value: $154,000 (6th lowest)
> Population: 4,903,185

37. Indiana
> income:
$57,603
> at least a bachelor’s degree: 26.9% (9th lowest)
> Poverty : 11.9% (23rd highest — tied)
> home value: $156,000 (7th lowest)
> Population: 6,732,219

45. New Mexico (voted for Biden)
> income:
$51,945
> at least a bachelor’s degree: 27.7% (10th lowest)
> Poverty : 18.2% (3rd highest)
> home value: $180,900 (16th lowest)
> Population: 2,096,829

31. Idaho
> income:
$60,999
> at least a bachelor’s degree: 28.7% (11th lowest — tied)
> Poverty rate: 11.2% (20th lowest — tied)
> home value: $255,200 (19th highest)
> Population: 1,787,065

42. Tennessee
> income:
$56,071
> Poverty rate: 13.9% (9th highest)
> home value: $191,900 (18th lowest)
> Population: 6,829,174

19. Wyoming
> income:
$65,003
> at least a bachelor’s degree: 29.1% (13th lowest)
> Poverty rate: 10.1% (13th lowest — tied)
> home value: $235,200 (23rd highest)
> Population: 578,759

36. Ohio
> income:
$58,642
> at least a bachelor’s degree: 29.3% (14th lowest — tied)
> Poverty rate: 13.1% (15th highest)
> home value: $157,200 (8th lowest)
> Population: 11,689,100

30. Iowa
> income:
$61,691
> home value: $158,900 (9th lowest)
> Population: 3,155,070

33. South Dakota
> income:
$59,533
> at least a bachelor’s degree: 29.7% (17th lowest)
> Poverty rate: 11.9% (23rd highest — tied)
> home value: $185,000 (17th lowest)
> Population: 884,659

32. Michigan (voted for Biden)
> income:
$59,584
> at least a bachelor’s degree: 30.0% (18th lowest)
> Poverty rate: 13.0% (16th highest — tied)
> home value: $169,600 (12th lowest)
> Population: 9,986,857

28. Arizona (voted for Biden)
> at least a bachelor’s degree:
30.2% (19th lowest — tied)

38. Missouri

12. Alaska

Last edited:
It will make Cspan more interesting.

The bill is handed off to Walker, he’s down the aisle getting pressure from Pelosi throws a juke move left leaves her on the carpet. Has two Democrats to go, AOC coming strong with some speed but No was denied with a strong stiff arm. Walker looking refreshed from those early morning sex party gym workouts. He has one last person to beat but Schiff has him squared up nicely. And oh my goodness a flip I can’t believe it a flip by freshman representative from Georgia to finish in style. They went low he went high and in the end left Schiff grabbing and his heals. Walker delivered the bill to the speaker just under the gavel in a rarely seen display of athleticism show these days.

Georgia seems to be on a see-saw, just when you think they might pull themselves out of the ooze, they start to slip back. TBH, very few politicians are “our best” citizens. As someone noted upstream, “we” get what we deserve.

Stacey Abrams makes a personal case for Medicaid expansion

https://www.ajc.com › politics › politics-blog › stacey-a...
Mar 15, 2022 — "Stacey Abrams kicked off her first day on the campaign trail in front of a shuttered hospital in rural Cuthbert with a vow to expand Medicaid."

Quality of life in GA and in eleven other states refusing medicaid expansion is limited to 250,000 of 11,000,000 donating heavily to Trump-cult protection racket against tax increases, IRS enforcement, regulation of their business activities.

Ex Senator Perdue reacted to these truths with a racist, "Go back where you came from," slur....

50 million people round out the bottom half of states of lowest average educate and high support of Trump and G.O.P.
They produce high average household poverty and lowest healthcare insured per capita in the U.S. They also feature high
maternal mortality and= incarceration rates.

20. North Dakota
$64,577
> Adults with at least a bachelor’s degree: 30.4% (22nd lowest)
> Poverty rate: 10.6% (17th lowest)
> Median home value: $205,400 (25th lowest)
> Population: 762,062

34. Florida
$59,227
> Adults with at least a bachelor’s degree: 30.7% (23rd lowest)
> Poverty rate: 12.7% (19th highest)
> Median home value: $245,100 (22nd highest)
> Population: 21,477,737

22. Texas
$64,034
> Adults with at least a bachelor’s degree: 30.8% (24th lowest)
> Poverty rate: 13.6% (11th highest — tied)
> Median home value: $200,400 (22nd lowest)
> Population: 28,995,881

Last edited:
So, is Herschel lying or is he this uninformed?

my personal theory is that they lie so much it's just 2nd hand nature. They lie without realizing it.

my personal theory is that they lie so much it's just 2nd hand nature. They lie without realizing it.
Now, now.... the cult is populated by the developmentally damaged irresistibly attracted to the publicly prominent, developmentally damaged....

2013 Pat Robertson interview...

“When you start wearing a hat - that you wear this red hat for football, you wear the white hat for home, you wear the blue hat for work. But all of a sudden when you leave home, you put on the red hat; you put it on at home. The hat's all screwed up. So now, that aggressive nature that you had in football is now at home because you put on the wrong hat,” he explained.

Herschel lost his ability to distinguish his role in football from his role at home and his wife became the target of his anger.

“I was out of the game. I had been out of the game for about four years and I developed this anger problem. And not that I developed it; it just manifested itself a little more severe. It totally destroyed my relationship with Cindy. I put a gun to her head, things that she said I was doing; she knew that wasn’t me,” Herschel said.

Though he didn’t pull the trigger, his wife Cindy left him, and a broken Herschel sought psychiatric help, as well as help from his pastor Tony Evans; and his healing process began.

Evans' son Jonathan was a professional football player in the National Football League. He played fullback for the Buffalo Bills, the Washington Redskins, and the Dallas Cowboys. Jonathan is the current chaplain of the Dallas Cowboys.[10] ... ..Evans is a registered Republican in Texas. In 2012 he publicly criticized President Barack Obama for his support of same-sex marriage.

“While he was getting professional counseling on one side, I was providing kind of spiritual direction on the other side. What I see is God using this episode in Herschel’s life for His glory and greater witness. What it says is that Jesus Christ can heal and be the foundation of healing for the deepest kind of soul disorders,” Pastor Evans said.

After months of prayer and drawing closer to God, Herschel was healed. Today he’s doing better than ever. Though he’s nearly 50, he says he’s in the best shape of his life. In the NFL, Herschel currently ranks eighth in total yards. But according to Herschel, that’s not what’s important.

“What I want all of the viewers to know is that I’ve been blessed all my life,” he said. “Jesus kept me out of prison. He kept me from harming someone. He kept me from harming myself. And I think that’s the biggest thing. Because it’s going to be tough. Like I said, Satan is always going to throw curve balls. But what you got to do is not be afraid to stand up at the plate and keep swinging. Because when you have God, you can’t strike out. You can just swing all you want.” ..."

Last edited:
Walker is probably a higher functioning individual than your imbecile president and brain dead VP regardless of his limitations.

hehehehe...HAHAHAHA...oh, that's a good one. You know, the first step is admitting you have a problem (with electing morons). It's not if, but why that's so. I think it's because repubs are like the ghosts in that Bruce Willis movie, where they don't know they're dumb. Repubs think that everyone else is just showing off by using big words, forming complete sentences and having nuanced opinions.

...bunch of know-it-alls!

“For Walker, 60, life after professional football has been checkered with stories of violence toward his ex-wife and others, exaggerated claims of business success, and mental health issues. For years, he delivered speeches in which he bragged of graduating in the top 1% of his class at Georgia, when in fact he never graduated from the university.

Walker’s campaign didn’t immediately respond to a message left for comment.

After a primary campaign season in which he refused to debate his opponents, made few public appearances and garnered concern and criticism even among leaders within his own party, Walker is about to see his star power put to a larger test, given the impact that the race will have on Georgia and the nation.”

In saner times, Walker wouldn’t have gotten as far as he has so far.

Why do most people vote the way they do? Republicans vote for R candidates, Democrats for D candidates, qualifications, stances on issues means nothing, just the letter behind their candidate’s name. I would estimate 60% or there about of the voters end up voting for a letter. Since that’s true, why not having played football? We’re not talking political junkies here. Far from it. They casual voters, most don’t pay a lick of attention to politics until an election nears. You’d be surprised how many voters vote on the charisma of the candidate, a candidate’s likeability. These voters aren’t going to do any research into the candidates, they’re going to vote on whether they like or dislike a candidate. The percentage of those who do this I think is pretty high. You can call them low information voters if you like, but there’s quite a lot of them.

How many voters voted for Trump in 2016 because he was a reality TV show host? How many voted against Trump in 2020 because they thought him as uncouth, rude, obnoxious, unpresidential in his behavior? A lot more than you would ever dream of. Then you have the anti-vote, those who vote against a candidate, but not for any candidate. Each individual has their own reason for voting the way they do. Their reason is important to them whether or not we may think it asinine. It may boil down to the fact that the more people that vote, the stupider the reason they have for voting the way they do.

Myself, I think it is asinine to base one’s vote on the letter behind a candidate’s name. Chances are those doing so, the odds are you’re voting for the best candidate 50% of the time, the worst candidate the other 50%. But it is what it is.
I vote democratic because I like democratic ideas of how to govern for the most part. I'm very interested in what a candidate says about their agenda not where they played football.

Is biden not your president? Are we going there again?

Nothing different then AOC
Except AOC wins her elections. She's not afraid to debate her opponents. I don't see any comparison. Walker is just a dunce. If he wants to be in politics, at least start out with dog catcher.

When the RWers talk about Kamala Harris, they say she is a "equal opportunity hire" and such. I bet they don't say the same of Herschel Walker, though he is even less qualified than Harris ever was.

I vote democratic because I like democratic ideas of how to govern for the most part. I'm very interested in what a candidate says about their agenda not where they played football.
Like I said, everyone has their own reason for voting the way they do. That reason is important to them. Me, I'll vote for who I think will do the best job at whatever office is at stake. Party affiliation is totally irrelevant to me. I'll usually have voted for some Republicans and some Democrats with the possibility of a third party candidate or two. I'm probably the ideal ticket splitter example. There nothing I'd like better than to see political parties done away with, with each candidate having to run on their own with their own ideas, visions for the future, their own solutions to problems.

Stop projecting, there are no racist comments in the ones you posted.
There's plenty. Your posts drip with plantation racism since you claim he's inferior.

LOL ! Why limit it to Herschel? We're down to one major political party vs a criminal conspiracy cult-of-personality reacting to losing
the popular vote in the presidential elections of 1992, 1996, 2000, 2008, 2012, 2016, and in 2020 by hyper-radicalizing its dwindling voter base to enthusiastically support restricting and then nullifying the voting results deemed unfavorable by the wealthiest conspiratorial cult donors.

The cult accomplishes this by communicating constant, predominantly white supremacist themed, Psy-Ops at MSM and at the poorly educated. In November, 2020, Trump attracted the voting majorities of 16 of the 20 states of lowest average adult education level.

49. West Virginia
$48,850
> at least a bachelor’s degree: 21.1% (the lowest)
> Poverty rate:
16.0% (6th highest)
> Median home value: $124,600 (the lowest)
> Population: 1,792,147

50. Mississippi
> income:
$45,792
> at least a bachelor’s degree: 22.3% (2nd lowest)
> Poverty (the highest)
> home value: $128,200 (2nd lowest)
> Population: 2,976,149

48. Arkansas
> income:
$48,952
> at least a bachelor’s degree: 23.3% (3rd lowest)
> Poverty : 16.2% (5th highest)
> home value: $136,200 (3rd lowest)
> Population: 3,017,804

47. Louisiana
> income:
$51,073
> at least a bachelor’s degree: 25.0% (4th lowest)
> Poverty : 19.0% (2nd highest)
> home value: $172,100 (13th lowest)
> Population: 4,648,794

44. Kentucky
> income:
$52,295
> at least a bachelor’s degree: 25.1% (5th lowest)
> Poverty : 16.3% (4th highest)
> home value: $151,700 (5th lowest)
> Population: 4,467,673

24. Nevada (voted for Biden)
> income:
$63,276
> at least a bachelor’s degree: 25.7% (6th lowest)
> Poverty : 12.5% (21st highest)
> home value: $317,800 (11th highest)
> Population: 3,080,156

43. Oklahoma
> income:
$54,449
> at least a bachelor’s degree: 26.2% (7th lowest)
> Poverty (8th highest)
> home value: $147,000 (4th lowest)
> Population: 3,956,971

46. Alabama
> income:
$51,734
> at least a bachelor’s degree: 26.3% (8th lowest)
> Poverty (7th highest)
> home value: $154,000 (6th lowest)
> Population: 4,903,185

37. Indiana
> income:
$57,603
> at least a bachelor’s degree: 26.9% (9th lowest)
> Poverty : 11.9% (23rd highest — tied)
> home value: $156,000 (7th lowest)
> Population: 6,732,219

45. New Mexico (voted for Biden)
> income:
$51,945
> at least a bachelor’s degree: 27.7% (10th lowest)
> Poverty : 18.2% (3rd highest)
> home value: $180,900 (16th lowest)
> Population: 2,096,829

31. Idaho
> income:
$60,999
> home value: $255,200 (19th highest)
> Population: 1,787,065

42. Tennessee
> income:
$56,071
> Poverty rate: 13.9% (9th highest)
> home value: $191,900 (18th lowest)
> Population: 6,829,174

19. Wyoming
> income:
$65,003
> at least a bachelor’s degree: 29.1% (13th lowest)
> Poverty rate: 10.1% (13th lowest — tied)
> home value: $235,200 (23rd highest)
> Population: 578,759

36. Ohio
> income:
$58,642
> Poverty rate: 13.1% (15th highest)
> home value: $157,200 (8th lowest)
> Population: 11,689,100

30. Iowa
> income:
$61,691
> home value: $158,900 (9th lowest)
> Population: 3,155,070

33. South Dakota
> income:
$59,533
> at least a bachelor’s degree: 29.7% (17th lowest)
> Poverty rate: 11.9% (23rd highest — tied)
> home value: $185,000 (17th lowest)
> Population: 884,659

32. Michigan (voted for Biden)
> income:
$59,584
> at least a bachelor’s degree: 30.0% (18th lowest)
> Poverty rate: 13.0% (16th highest — tied)
> home value: $169,600 (12th lowest)
> Population: 9,986,857
And yet they will keep telling anyone who will listen, they do not vote against their own best interests and if you say something, they'll reply, you don't know what my best interests are. I'm pretty sure being lied to by your leadership election after election is not in your best interest. Keep voting republican and ensure your state stays poor relative to others.

There's plenty. Your posts drip with plantation racism since you claim he's inferior.
I claimed he was inferior to whom? You can tell me anything, show me.
If the people of georgia want to vote for someone whose claim to fame is football and his mental health, which in my opinion is not a platform issue, what makes him the least bit qualified? What are his ideas beside the ones trump puts in his mouth? If the things that are being said about his past domestic life are true, which I'm guessing they are, is this the kind of person the gop voters want representing them and if it is, it sure doesn't say much for the average gop voter. Family values, personal accountability, law and order and all the other things the gop stands for, uh huh.

Edit. I voted for that other black guy that was president for two terms. I must have left my plantation racism home those two voting days?

Back
Top Bottom