• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Senator Debbie Stabenow bitch slaps republican leaders

The use of words like "bitch slaps" in a title does not bode well for its quality, interest or intelligence.
...but it is fairly descriptive of her and her antics.

I love that movie!

Me, too! I've never seen the later version--just the old one. That final scene, showing the eyes floating away from the burning house, really gives me the creeps!

I'm a (traditional) conservative, but she seems to make some noteworthy points.

By the way, wasn't that blond lady standing next to her in "Village of the Damned"?

(Sorry. :) )
Well, sort of. But you have to understand, she's a biased politician and she's going to spin the facts to fit her agenda. It's true that debt skyrocketed during his admin, but not all of it was due to him. Moreover, the debt has increased by 2.9 Trillion since the gaffemeister took office - which has nothing to do with Trump. And then there was this little glitch in things called the dempanic... so one needs to take her comments not only with a grain of salt, but perhaps a tub of it.

I want a refund. I clicked expecting to see a physical alternation between members of congress. We need more British Parliament style brawls in our democratic process.
Didn't we have one already? And aren't you progressives playing it to the hilt at how evil it was?

The use of words like "bitch slaps" in a title does not bode well for its quality, interest or intelligence.
Ignores Stabenow’s words; Quibbles with Title; Your reich-wing ignorance shows covering for just how destructive and dishonest McConnellism is.

Didn't we have one already? And aren't you progressives playing it to the hilt at how evil it was?
The most recent document case of it coming to fists in the US congress was 1902 as far as I can tell. Aside from that there was a small fight in the California house in like 2012. What event are you talking about?

yes well both sides could take a better stance on stopping the enormous growing of the Debt, no doubt.

Well, sort of. But you have to understand, she's a biased politician and she's going to spin the facts to fit her agenda. It's true that debt skyrocketed during his admin, but not all of it was due to him. Moreover, the debt has increased by 2.9 Trillion since the gaffemeister took office - which has nothing to do with Trump. And then there was this little glitch in things called the dempanic... so one needs to take her comments not only with a grain of salt, but perhaps a tub of it.

That's a fair assessment, Edwin.

While I didn't care for Trump, I have to acknowledge that some things happened over which he had little or no control. By 2024, his popularity among independents might actually increase.to the point where, if he decides to run, he'll be a shoo-in. Of course, nowadays, even two years is too soon to accurately predict public opinion, but anything can happen.

She is making the mistake that she can shame the GOP and that they will talk about anything other than shitting on gay and trans teens for votes.

I want a refund. I clicked expecting to see a physical alternation between members of congress. We need more British Parliament style brawls in our democratic process.

I know--I was looking forward to seeing a real slap. :)

Putting her comments in context is certainly fair.
Frankly, I wish both sides would get away from the pat positions that unemployment numbers, up or down, are all the president; if the economy is up or down, all attributed to the president. Or should I say attributed to the president by the party who can use the numbers to their advantage.

But at present, that is not the world we live in.

They're starting to get the idea.

Same woman who complained that we weren't spending enough. Now she want to pretend like she's "cleaning things up." 😂 😂 😂

Making excuses for the cult leader as usual.

That's a fair assessment, Edwin.

While I didn't care for Trump, I have to acknowledge that some things happened over which he had little or no control. By 2024, his popularity among independents might actually increase.to the point where, if he decides to run, he'll be a shoo-in. Of course, nowadays, even two years is too soon to accurately predict public opinion, but anything can happen.
I'm no fan of his antics either. His salesman bombast and hubris has turned a lot of people off and caused a lot more to completely miss his primary purpose. But I think he has a genuine concern for the welfare of this nation.

I've been around the sales world for nigh on 40 years now - I've seen this sales schtick over and over again - so much so that I tend to simply look past it, where others not so familiar with the sales world can't (or won't).

Trump says crap that means absolutely nothing save in the sales environment, save for the emotional impact it might have - but dems hear what he says with utterly literal ears, either intentionally or naively, and excoriate him (and us) for it.

Trump is no statesman, unfortunately. But he does love this country and he has the cajones to fight for it, despite the odds. We do however need a true statesman at the helm, one with the chutzpah of Trump but the diplomacy of a Churchill or Kennedy.

Meh.....

I would just say to you that the quality, interest and intelligence of the actual OP certain suggests otherwise.

The title is partisan, for sure. But it's not inaccurate.

Stabenow stated it quite well. It always a bit surprising when the Dems stop mincing/parsing their words...and just state the truth in terms that average Americans can absorb ( both intellectually AND viscerally). I wish more Dems would start doing that more often.

So skyrocketing debt during the Trump administration doesn't necessarily have anything to do with Trump, but skyrocketing debt during the Biden administration is certainly Biden's doing?

Last edited:
Same woman who complained that we weren't spending enough. Now she want to pretend like she's "cleaning things up." 😂 😂 😂
Prove your unlinked accusation or it’s garbage.

She’s the best friend farmers have.

Back
Top Bottom