• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Senate Votes To Lift Russia Sanctions, Won’t Bring Shutdown Vote To the Floor

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Given that the Senate had previous voted unanimously to push high profile Russian sanctions in OPPOSITION to Trump/Putin, I do find this disturbing. They seem to be following Trump into favoring Russia over U.S. interests.
They tell themselves that if Trump supports it, it's defacto in U.S. interests to do it...****ing morons.

They should really know better at this point, with everything we know about the situation.

But team Trump is pro-Russia (our foreign adversary) at every turn..and the Republican party is happily adopting that stance in deed.

Given that the Senate had previous voted unanimously to push high profile Russian sanctions in OPPOSITION to Trump/Putin, I do find this disturbing. They seem to be following Trump into favoring Russia over U.S. interests.
They tell themselves that if Trump supports it, it's defacto in U.S. interests to do it...****ing morons.

They should really know better at this point, with everything we know about the situation.

But team Trump is pro-Russia (our foreign adversary) at every turn..and the Republican party is happily adopting that stance in deed.

Sigh.

Once again the Democrats can end the shutdown anytime ofthey include 5 billion for wall funding.

I guess they were only our "greatest geopolitical foe" for purposes of the 2012 election, and the real fault with Obama was not being weak on Russia but rather that he was not even weaker.

Who'd a thunk it?

Sigh.

Once again the Democrats can end the shutdown anytime ofthey include 5 billion for wall funding.

So can trump by dropping the wall. Mexico was supposed to pay for it remember?

Anyone else troubled by the fact that the US Senate votes to ease Russia sanctions, at the same time refusing to bring a measure to the floor that could end the government shutdown?

1) https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/16/sen...rump-from-lifting-russia-sanctions-fails.html

2) https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...b2e1dc-1906-11e9-9ebf-c5fed1b7a081_story.html

LIE SOME MORE. It isn't "RUSSIAN SANCTIONS" against the Russian government, it's three companies and:

The companies had "committed to significantly diminish Deripaska's ownership and sever his control," Treasury said in a statement at the time, adding that Deripaska himself will remain under sanctions.

Be sure to IGNORE THAT. #LyingLeftAsUsual

illegals wall dems would build.jpg

Nope, McConnell and republicans are scumbags. not surprised at all. And their constituency are as well

LIE SOME MORE. It isn't "RUSSIAN SANCTIONS" against the Russian government, it's three companies and:

The companies had "committed to significantly diminish Deripaska's ownership and sever his control," Treasury said in a statement at the time, adding that Deripaska himself will remain under sanctions.

View attachment 67248174

Same as your boy handing over the day-to-day operations to Guido and Fredo. Deripaska, “here hold this bag for me for a while...”

Where did I post the bolded, do better Grok!

Sigh.
Sigh.
Donald Dumb-**** Trump (AKA David Dennison)
I am proud to shut down the government for border security....So I will take the mantle. I will be the one to shut it down. I'm not going to blame you for it,

Same as your boy handing over the day-to-day operations to Guido and Fredo. Deripaska, “here hold this bag for me for a while...”

Where did I post the bolded, do better Grok!

Feel free to continue making up whatever bull**** you need to believe.

NO SANCTIONS on PUTIN'S GOVERNMENT HAVE BEEN CHANGED, and DERIPASKA HIMSELF , REMAINS UNDER SANCTION.

Proof that “you can lead a horse or it’s hind-quarter, to water.....”

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/16/sen...rump-from-lifting-russia-sanctions-fails.html

Proof that the DP Left never reads their own links, or they just LIE ABOUT WHT THEY SAY:

Please cite the sanctions against the Russian government that have been lifted.

Proof that the DP Left never reads their own links, or they just LIE ABOUT WHT THEY SAY:

Please cite the sanctions against the Russian government that have been lifted.

You win, can’t battle with superior debating and logic.......

You win, can’t battle with superior debating and logic.......

I'm sure no one noticed you utter failure to show any changes in US sanctions on the Russian government.... :lamo

View attachment 67248174

No surprise to see you siding with Russia's interests over the U.S.'s.

Geez, like your Dear Leader, Trump, you really are a brainwashed Putin puppet, aren't you?

People like you are a disgraces to this country, and embarrassments to every patriotic American citizen.

No surprise to see you siding with Russia's interests over the U.S.'s.

Geez, like your Dear Leader, Trump, you really are a brainwashed Putin puppet, aren't you?

People like you are a disgraces to this country, and embarrassments to every patriotic American citizen.

No surprise to see the DP Left LYING about what actually happened...per usual.

People like you always BLAME others for what you do....such as the DNC RUSSIAN COLLUSION....

In another stunning example of how completely obtuse and out of their element MSM is in dealing with the complexity of Russian corruption and the interaction of Russian government and its oligarchs, Scarborough wife and daughter of Zbig Brzezinski, Mikka is utterly lost in the weeds trying to explain the internal administration document floating around the Treasury Dept that actually tracks Deripaska's transactions that on the surface appear to relinquish control of the various companies under sanction thus allowing this absurd nonsense of removing the sanctions.

Remember, the goal if these direct sanctions on the oligarch is forcing Deripaska to relinquish controlling interest in these companies including Rusal, aluminum giant. Well if you look at where Deripaska's shares are going, they are going to VTB bank, government owned and other interests owned by the Kremlin, other Putin suck-ups. In effect, the Kremlin ends up with more direct ownership of these companies, not less. Where Mikka is utterly lost in the weeds is that, thinking about it as you would an American Stock Transaction, she muses that Deripaska's personal wealth is much reduced in these transactions.

Are you that numb Mikka? Anybody that thinks Deripaska is going to actually lose assets in this and that he will not simply turn into the Wizard behind the curtain running these companies simply should retire from any discussions of import on the topic.

Back
Top Bottom