• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Senate Republicans threaten missing Democrats with contempt

I'll tsk you. I do like the Ms Lovely reference, though. I am that same person!! How nice of you to remember. I can only assume the mere thought emblazened my name into your consciousness. Don't take it too seriously. I didn't. ;-)

There's nothing ordinary about me, Ill Will. And why on earth would you assume I live on a middle class or slightly above income? You have not a clue. I live a blessed life. Never belonged to a union. Some people need them desperately. Perhaps you are one of those. As long as you're not in the public sector, I have no problem with that. At all. Live long and prosper, Animus.

You know who else has a package you can't possibly imagine? Black men.

I'm kidding! I'm kidding!
If you want to look at large, enormous packages...you'll have to look further than a teacher's salary. The average starting salary for teachers is $30,000 give or take. You're barking up the wrong tree doggy.

If you want to look at large, enormous packages...you'll have to look further than a teacher's salary. The average starting salary for teachers is $30,000 give or take.

Ignoring your crude sense of "humor" here's something for you to look at....

Link

Link

You'll have to click the link above this line to see the small chart they got there.

Link

As a side note to that last quote...Vasquez says that "we value education"....I call BS

Anyways...What were you saying again there Animus?

So you're touting something that Unions helped fixed how many decades ago now???,

Unions were formed to right inequalities and promote safety in the work place. Those issues have been settled a long time ago. Now about the only issues that Unions deal with is trying to get the most bang for the buck. Name me one public union buisness that makes the same or less than a public non-union buisness. Hell, I can't even remember the last time that a Union hollered about safety concerns. I hear em all the time about wanting pay raises though....

Oh sure. Abandoning your duties and leaving the state isn't over the edge but this is certainly over the edge.

These type of stall tactics aren't exactly new.

Senate Police Seize Packwood for Quorum Call - Los Angeles Times

Quorum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't see any problem with the tactic considering the Majority are reportedly unwilling to negotiate with the Minority. The only option the Minority has to stop this bill is to avoid that quorum call, this is surely a decision their constituents would approve of as a last measure. The issue is definitely worth the fight, the US senate minority attempted to flee the quorum(over campaign finance of all things)back in 1988 if I have the history right.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…