• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Senate rebukes Trump’s plan to withdraw U.S. forces from Syria, Afghanistan

I said this days ago. He's going to be losing his republican support, particularly by the centrist republicans in Congress. Those Republicans got what they wanted. They may have kept their seats and retained control in the Senate, they got 2 Supreme Court justices on the bench, they got lower taxes for themselves and their millionaire backers, they got EPA regulations destroyed in order to aide the oil and gas lobbyists, so what's left? They don't care about 'the wall'. They're just fine with enhanced border security and border fencing. So, they're not willing to die on that hill for Trump. There's nothing left that he can do for him so now they're going to give him a little more trouble and not automatically go along with all his bull****.

Republican senators are not blind followers of Trump. They never have been. Of course Congress sometimes positions itself in disagreement with Trump but so what. Congress has a bad problem disagreeing with its own self right now so their mixed opinions in occasional opposition to Trump should be a surprise to nobody.

LOL Thay have been silent thru pro-Putin behaviors and lies that curdle the blood but not so much now since they lost the House and Trump really can't help them much any more. They are now more concerned with their own fates and Trump's dropping approval. They will be looking for ways to flee the Trumptanic very soon as well. It's heading straight for an iceberg.

Last edited:
I said this days ago. He's going to be losing his republican support, particularly by the centrist republicans in Congress. Those Republicans got what they wanted. They may have kept their seats and retained control in the Senate, they got 2 Supreme Court justices on the bench, they got lower taxes for themselves and their millionaire backers, they got EPA regulations destroyed in order to aide the oil and gas lobbyists, so what's left? They don't care about 'the wall'. They're just fine with enhanced border security and border fencing. So, they're not willing to die on that hill for Trump. There's nothing left that he can do for him so now they're going to give him a little more trouble and not automatically go along with all his bull****.
I must admit, that's a nice recap you did here.

And let's face it: With Pelosi running the House, Trump's Presidential agenda is dead. So what can Trump now due for them (GOP)? Not much. He's pretty much spent. But he can do them harm. In fact, he can do a lot more harm than good! Though they'd like to get Ginsberg's seat, if they can.

It's almost like the President has a bad habit of making rash decisions without consulting experts or his own supporters.

I must admit, that's a nice recap you did here.

And let's face it: With Pelosi running the House, Trump's Presidential agenda is dead. So what can Trump now due for them (GOP)? Not much. He's pretty much spent. But he can do them harm. In fact, he can do a lot more harm than good! Though they'd like to get Ginsberg's seat, if they can.

I couldn't help but wonder what would happen if Ruth Ginsberg either can't return because she's too ill or even just retires from the bench? Will the republican president that's the subject of a counterintelligence investigation be allowed to put another judge on the Supreme Court? Will the democrats be able to use the same Mitch McConnell delay tactic like he did with Merrick Garland?

I couldn't help but wonder what would happen if Ruth Ginsberg either can't return because she's too ill or even just retires from the bench? Will the republican president that's the subject of a counterintelligence investigation be allowed to put another judge on the Supreme Court? Will the democrats be able to use the same Mitch McConnell delay tactic like he did with Merrick Garland?
Good questions. I'd say yeah, the Dems can wait until after the 2020 election. The Repubs took over a year, and this would be less than two years. So, it would seem to be game.

LOL Thay have been silent thru pro-Putin behaviors and lies that curdle the blood but not so much now since they lost the House and Trump really can't help them much any more. They are now more concerned with their own fates and Trump's dropping approval. They will be looking for ways to flee the Trumptanic very soon as well. It's heading straight for an iceberg.

Possibly. Sadly, too many modern politicians are like that. Not all of them, however. Thank God for good men and women still holding fast the principles which made America great originally.

Back
Top Bottom