• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Senate Passes Resolution To Undo Transit Mask Rule; Romney Only Republican To Vote With Dems

VySky

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Cancel him. It's what MAGAts do.
Meh. Romney and his vote is not surprising. As well as people willing to wear mask just because some suit said so all the while they didn’t work.

Last edited:
Unlike how Progressives feel toward Manchin...
Yeah, both side just want mindless robots in their political parties. Free and independent thinkers need not apply. The last thing either major party wants is someone who's able to think and act on their own.

Unlike how Progressives feel toward Manchin...
Instead of feelings compare actions. Manchin didn't lose his position in the party like Cheney just because he didn't toe some arbitrary partisan purity line.

Isn't that what democrats do as well?

Are you ignoring this fact or are you just saying something to................... say something or anything?
You ask a question and then assume the answer you want is a fact?

Even if it is true that democrats do it, as you factually point out, they do it "as well" as republicans.

Hard to believe these senators can't think of anything more urgent to work on.

It's been explained multiple times to you masks do work but you ignore it - just like you ignored your thread fail yesterday https://debatepolitics.com/threads/...ndment-to-prevent-health-dictatorship.475530/
Explanations huh?

Here's another one

Mask don't work. But you are free to wear as many as you feel necessary.

Explanations huh?

Here's another one

Mask don't work. But you are free to wear as many as you feel necessary.

Hilarious you post the thread you got owned in the third post by someone pointing out your very own study stated the obvious:
face masks can be an extremely effective indoor safety measure.”

Guess what - transit is typically an indoor activity so by your own study that you stated masks don't work actually points out face masks can be extremely effective indoors - as in using public transit.

For now, I will say it would be prudent to keep it until cases and deaths are more acceptable. I know to you 1,508 dead Americans yesterday is no big deal and since it's a minor inconvenience for you to do your part to save lives, you could give a **** less. whatever.

Hilarious you post the thread you got owned in the third post by someone pointing out your very own study stated the obvious:
face masks can be an extremely effective indoor safety measure.”

Guess what - transit is typically an indoor activity so by your own study that you stated masks don't work actually points out face masks can be extremely effective indoors - as in using public transit.

For now, I will say it would be prudent to keep it until cases and deaths are more acceptable. I know to you 1,508 dead Americans yesterday is no big deal and since it's a minor inconvenience for you to do your part to save lives, you could give a **** less. whatever.
More failed Democrat logic

Mask don’t work. But again. Feel free to use them at will.

1647442154352.jpeg

Instead of feelings compare actions. Manchin didn't lose his position in the party like Cheney just because he didn't toe some arbitrary partisan purity line.
Which position is it that can be taken from him? Also maybe had he voted against his party on the impeachment of Trump he might find himself in a similar position as Cheney.

Let's also not forget that Machin is the Democrats swing vote and pissing him off can do more harm to their positions than good. If he defects to the other side, they lose a lot of power. They need to tred carefully where as Cheney wields very little power.

Do you have a link that show cloth masks 'worked' in any way at all?

Just because they offer much less protection and are less effective than other type of masks doesn't mean they are completely useful. Especially the cloth ones that are single layer with no filter and people, like a poster here admitted to doing, uses them for months without cleaning.

"Not as effectively" does not equal does not work at all and just because they are less effective for Omicron doesn't mean they are not working at all for other variants.

If you don't want to wear a mask if you are feeling sick and still want to go out and infect as many people as you can, that's your freedom to do so but Fletch I really do think better of you that you would stay home or at least put a mask on to limit the spread.

Eight Senate Democrats voted with the Senate Republicans. President Biden has stated that he will veto this if it passes both Houses of Congress.

President Joe Biden has vowed to veto if it passes there, with the White House saying “the determination of the timeline and circumstances under which masks should be required in these settings should be guided by science, not politics.”

Meh. Romney and his vote is not surprising. As well as people willing to wear mask just because some suit said so all the while they didn’t work.
Better safe than sorry. Do you ever get tired of complaining about something that is mostly in the past?

Which position is it that can be taken from him? Also maybe had he voted against his party on the impeachment of Trump he might find himself in a similar position as Cheney.

Let's also not forget that Machin is the Democrats swing vote and pissing him off can do more harm to their positions than good. If he defects to the other side, they lose a lot of power. They need to tred carefully where as Cheney wields very little power.
He's got committee assignments that can be taken like they did with Steve King.

Also, maybe, if are not convincing arguments, they're speculation. Cheney got stripped of her position. Reality.

He's got committee assignments that can be taken like they did with Steve King.

Also, maybe, if are not convincing arguments, they're speculation. Cheney got stripped of her position. Reality.
I think he is the tanking member on the energy committee which is interesting that he is the democrats choice but other than that he does not really hold any power positions in the senate that I am aware of. They could strip him of that chair to punish him butthats a dangerous move. What if he switches parties while the senate is 50/50. Schummer would lose the majority and Mc Connell would become the tempore. Manchin has a gun to their heads that Cheney does not have.

I think he is the tanking member on the energy committee which is interesting that he is the democrats choice but other than that he does not really hold any power positions in the senate that I am aware of. They could strip him of that chair to punish him butthats a dangerous move. What if he switches parties while the senate is 50/50. Schummer would lose the majority and Mc Connell would become the tempore. Manchin has a gun to their heads that Cheney does not have.
I can't disagree. I also think Cheney was stripped for punishment and that it was dangerous for the party. Their 'cancelling' her showed a partisan side to current republican politics that turned off as many as it turned on. Maybe more.

Back
Top Bottom