• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Senate panel tied 11-11 on Ketanji Brown Jackson's nomination

itstony

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Says the party of unity. I'm sure a few on the right will see the handwriting on the wall and come around. Mike Lee just lost my support.

1649121779737.png

FPi1e9IXwAQ70Ee

Republicans have their marching orders, block at all costs.

If you think it's bad this time, wait till Thomas either resigns or "whatever"...at that point I won't even be surprised if Lauren Boebert or Tommy Tuberville initiate gun play on the floor.

Can you say hypocrite?

🙄

After what was done to Clarence Thomas, no one on the left has any room to complain
Should allegations of sexual harrassment be ignored? Not important? The Dems went easy on him, didn't call half their witnesses.

They got them from the democrats who gave a total of 4 votes to the last 3 nominees
Yeah, that sucks, so act just like them, huh? Makes sense.

So if you blame Thomas for what the wife did, you must blame Joe for what Hunter did. Right?
That's not what we're doing.

So if you blame Thomas for what the wife did, you must blame Joe for what Hunter did. Right?
I don't recall blaming anyone for anything. I don't think like that. Must be your gig.

My comment had nothing to do with blame. Timing. Not a good time.

Nope but I can wonder if he dissented from releasing the January 6th documents (the only one to do so) because he was protecting his wife which would be a clear conflict of interest.

While FlipFlop Lindsey voted Nay on the procedural vote to move Judge Jackson's nomination to the floor, Sen Murkowski, Sen Collins and Mit Romney voted to move her forward to the floor for the floor vote. That of course means that Romney will replace FlipFlop who voted to move her onto the Court of Appeals not more than a year ago.

I am beginning to wonder if Mitt is again considering a run for the Presidency. The GOP field is so full of loons led by Loon in Chief Donnie that Mitt might have a shot at it.

Says the party of unity. I'm sure a few on the right will see the handwriting on the wall and come around. Mike Lee just lost my support.

View attachment 67383909
yawn...

The show goes on.

She will be confirmed. It's been planned this way as a show for the sheep.

While FlipFlop Lindsey voted Nay on the procedural vote to move Judge Jackson's nomination to the floor, Sen Murkowski, Sen Collins and Mit Romney voted to move her forward to the floor for the floor vote. That of course means that Romney will replace FlipFlop who voted to move her onto the Court of Appeals not more than a year ago.

I am beginning to wonder if Mitt is again considering a run for the Presidency. The GOP field is so full of loons led by Loon in Chief Donnie that Mitt might have a shot at it.
Last time some of us spoke to Mitt he said he wouldn’t run again. Ann has been diagnosed with MS and it would be her call.

Who is “we” and what are you doing?
No one is blaming Clarence for what Ginni does/did. We are just pointing out that because she was deeply involved in the whole Stop ths Steal movement, it would be a conflict of interest for him to vote on cases that may well involve his wife.

Last time some of us spoke to Mitt he said he wouldn’t run again. Ann has been diagnosed with MS and it would be her call.
Thanks for the info.

Back
Top Bottom