• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Senate panel postpones William Barr’s confirmation vote amid Democrats’ concerns

HumblePi

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
The Senate has postponed the vote for William Barr but it's not expected to change his confirmation since Republicans have the majority in the Senate. The vote is delayed until Feb.7th.

Senate panel postpones William Barr’s confirmation vote amid Democrats’ concerns

https://wapo.st/2FWMCdz?tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.85c073210dce

A planned Senate Judiciary Committee vote on William P. Barr’s nomination to serve as attorney general has been delayed, as Democrats continue to raise concerns about whether he would allow special counsel Robert S. Mueller III to finish his probe and publicize the results unimpeded.

The committee was scheduled to vote on 46 nominations on Tuesday, including Barr’s, but decided to delay until Feb. 7.

The Senate has postponed the vote for William Barr but it's not expected to change his confirmation since Republicans have the majority in the Senate. The vote is delayed until Feb.7th.

A planned Senate Judiciary Committee vote on William P. Barr’s nomination to serve as attorney general has been delayed, as Democrats continue to raise concerns about whether he would allow special counsel Robert S. Mueller III to finish his probe and publicize the results unimpeded.

The committee was scheduled to vote on 46 nominations on Tuesday, including Barr’s, but decided to delay until Feb. 7.

Just another symbol of a dysfunctional organization. Can't confirm someone for the job who already had that job!

They are delaying the inevitable.

They are delaying the inevitable.
It's what they always do, stall and delay without regard to the damage they are doing to the nation. It for this reason I dont pay any attention to their complaints anymore. Whether they are valid or not. They are the party without any Morales or scruples. Their claims of righteousness is a facade. They are power hungry tolitarists with no respect for anyone but themselves.

But what's even sadder is the Republicans are allowing themselves to be bullied. Call the vote and move on. There is no legitimate reason not to confirm Barr. Democrats will try to turn this into another kavanaug like circus if given the chance.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Democrats being obstructionist assholes again.

No doubt they need more time to inspect his high school yearbooks.

It's what they always do, stall and delay without regard to the damage they are doing to the nation. It for this reason I dont pay any attention to their complaints anymore. Whether they are valid or not. They are the party without any Morales or scruples. Their claims of righteousness is a facade. They are power hungry tolitarists with no respect for anyone but themselves.

But what's even sadder is the Republicans are allowing themselves to be bullied. Call the vote and move on. There is no legitimate reason not to confirm Barr. Democrats will try to turn this into another kavanaug like circus if given the chance.

The Senate is the only governmental body that even occasionally pretends to be collaborative and functional. I think a one week delay, however inconsequential, should be welcome as a sign that the parties are at least trying to be mutually respectful. I hope the Democrats, who are no better nor worse than the Republicans, would do the same thing.

The Senate is the only governmental body that even occasionally pretends to be collaborative and functional. I think a one week delay, however inconsequential, should be welcome as a sign that the parties are at least trying to be mutually respectful. I hope the Democrats, who are no better nor worse than the Republicans, would do the same thing.
What purpose does the delay serve

What purpose does the delay serve

I have no idea, but it would be foolish to think there isn't one. Clearly the Democrats think they can achieve something in a week. Maybe additional assurances from Barr. Maybe to try to get a bill passed guaranteeing Mueller's investigation. Whatever it is, the Republicans obviously agree that an additional week is not unreasonable. I'm unsurprised but also unmoved by the expressed outrage above here.

Trump today said he would not necessarily oppose Barr releasing the Mueller Report. Barr had said in his confirmation testimony he'd be in favor of making the report public or to make public a summary that might be redacted.

Trump's statement is his attempt to meet the Senate's insistence that the report be made public in whole or in some reasonable shape or form. This is being cleared up now by WH. The Senate Judiciary Committee will vote on the Barr confirmation once the agreement is written in stone.

No mystery here and no obstructionism. It's but a little bit of you give us what we want and we'll give you what you want. Aka: logrolling; also backscratching. This is in contrast to Trump's usual backbiting. Plus Trump still has butt hurt from the shutdown takedown by Pelosi.

The mule is kicking and Trump's making a big circle around it these dayze.

Children!

Sent from my SM-T587P using Tapatalk

Even after the concession, not one Democrat will vote for Barr.

The Mueller team is composed of lawyers who are all Democrat donors, with nobody on the team that represents the Republicans to keep the investigation balanced and honest. The Democrats are hoping for a quickie report that has been purposely slanted in their political favor, with little mention of Democrat crime and involvement. There was no collusion by Trump. The investigation was always an excuse and hoax designed to create political dirt and damage; no trial but lots of Trump baggage for 2020.

Barr is by the book and fair and may keep the investigation open to investigate the front end crimes of the Obama FBI and Justice Departments, which lied to the FISA count to get a warrant to spy of Trump. This was Watergate taken to the next level. Nixon had mentioned using the FBI to do Watergate, but this was not attempted until Obama tried it. The fake dossier was commissioned by Hillary and DNC as part of the conspiracy to elevate Watergate to a new level.

The Democrats are foot dragging in an attempt get immunity for themselves if Barr broadens the investigation. My hope is the Democrats in the Senate who have obstructed and continue to obstruct justice, are indicted. It is hard to believe that Pelosi and Schumer knew nothing of the fake dossier and lying to the FISA courts. They have continued to lie, to railroad another person. I would guess 5-10 years unless they throw someone bigger under the bus; Obama, Hillary and/or Bill.

Back
Top Bottom