• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Senate panel chief sees no Trump-Russia collusion so far

dobieg

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The chairman of the U.S. Senate Intelligence Committee said its Russia investigation has found no proof that President Donald Trump's presidential campaign colluded with Moscow, an assertion that congressional sources said puts him at odds with Democrats on the largely bipartisan panel.

"If we write a report based upon the facts that we have, then we don't have anything that would suggest there was collusion by the Trump campaign and Russia," Republican Richard Burr told CBS News in an interview published on Thursday.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/senate-panel-chief-sees-no-trump-russia-collusion-140941181.html

Shocking.

You mean Democrats spent over 2 years on this ridiculous investigation with nothing to show for it?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/senate-panel-chief-sees-no-trump-russia-collusion-140941181.html

Shocking.

You mean Democrats spent over 2 years on this ridiculous investigation with nothing to show for it?

You're quoting the top ranked REPUBLICAN!!!!

Duh.

That so called "investigation" by the GOP has been proven to be a sham. How can there not have been collusion when there are 34 people facing criminal charges, more than a handful of convictions.

What this says is that the Republicans white washed it, are propagandizing and are frightened for their political future.

"No collusion" my ass. Tell that to the Trump aides now facing jail time.

Yeah tons of indictments, guilty pleas, but you think that is nothing. :lamo

You guys are so desperate and the Mueller report hasn't even been released yet. Do us a favor and put your head back in the sand, that way you can continue seeing nothing wrong. :lamo

When you are fishing for lunkers...and all you get are minnows...yeah, you pretty much got nothing.

When you are fishing for lunkers...and all you get are minnows...yeah, you pretty much got nothing.

Oh yes, Mr. I will take a bullet for Trump and Mr. I am not a Russian asset are minnows...

Keep saying that but everyone around Trump's orbit is getting blasted. Keep sticking your head in the sand, that's about the only way for Trumpers to continue supporting Trump. :lamo

For those curious, this is a more comprehensive breakdown of Burr's interview. Not surprisingly, all of what Burr says is much more important than what is being provided by the OP.

https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/1093555871651635205

Here's a link to the actual story: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/richar...e-committees-russia-investigation-2-years-on/

And here are some interesting quotes from Burr people who want the truth may be interested in:

"He made clear that the investigation is not compiling the story of one pivotal election, but of something larger, more complicated and, from a counterintelligence perspective, more nefarious."

-----

""Many of the connections that we've made are the direct result of intelligence products," he said. "I think it's safe to say we've interviewed people that I don't even know if the special counsel knows about them — but you've got to remember that we're on a totally separate path than what they are.""

-----

""The other piece of that," he said, "is probably work that the committee will do for the next decade. And it's work that has helped even our intelligence community's understanding of Russia's capabilities and intent behind this." "

-----

"The investigation now spans continents and includes sources from countries besides Russia."

-----

"Though most witnesses were encouraged to come in voluntarily, Burr acknowledged he had resorted to issuing subpoenas — either because all other appeals had gone unanswered, or because witnesses themselves had requested it.

Requested to be subpoenaed?

"Can't get into who," Burr said, "but there are some that" — he intimated an elbow nudge as he imitated a witness saying, "'I'll come if you subpoena me.'"

"They wanted the cover of being compelled," he said."

-----

"He argued that the underlying motivations behind some interactions were often hard, and sometimes impossible, to determine, and that what might look like collusion could have an alternative rationale.

"There's an awful lot of connections of all these people," he said. "They may not be connections that are tied to 2016 elections in the United States, but just the sheer fact that they have a relationship — it may be business. It may be Russian intelligence. It may be they're all on the payroll of Oleg Deripaska," he said.

"We've got to try to determine, in our particular case, 'Do they fit in this bucket' — which is the 2016 election efforts — or 'Do they fit in this bucket,' which is the world that we discovered and that we want to continue to look at on more of a counterintelligence platform," he said. "

-----

So contrary to the narrative being presented, things are not nearly as clear cut as the Trump supporters want to pretend they are.

Last edited:

Shocking.

That is actually an outright lie.

Proof once again of how frightened the Trump mob is.

But look, the Republicans held how many inquiries of Hilary in four years? and she wasn't even the president and no one close to her had gone to jail. The spent MILLIONS of $$$$$$$ on asking her the same questions ten, 15 times, all in a political gambit to convince the stooges out there she was a dishonest person.

Now, we have a **** bag in the office who lies, on average 15 times a day, whose close aides are facing prison and you guy are OUTRAGED that anyone would dare accuse Trump of anything.

One point of what could be thousands: with those around him falling and headed to prison, the lies he has told, the fact he has changed his story four times at least is evidence enough to ask questions.
The fact he is afraid to release his tax records magnifies that suspicion as does his subservience to Putin.

The investigations, all of them, are more than justified. Based on what we've seen so far its a good thing he's rich because he's otherwise unemployable simply based on zero trustworthyness.

Oops!

There's those already sentenced I guess you don't like to talk about. Then there are the close aides under indictment, I'd say Mueller has harvested some bad people so far and it looks like more are coming

Even for the gutter style propaganda you guys **** out that post is a shame!

Umm... there have already been more than 20 indictments with six members of Trump's campaign being found guilty or pleading guilty, and we don't even have the full Mueller report yet. The President himself has already been named as an unindicted co-conspirator on a minimum of two felonies.

For comparison, Republicans spent over 4 years on that ridiculous Hillary Clinton Bengazhi/Email scandal investigation and turned out zero indictments. Not against Hillary Clinton, not against any other member of her staff.

Wrong analogy, you get the minnows first to hook the big mouth.

The Senate is led by Republicans. Burr is a Republican.

""He made clear that the investigation is not compiling the story of one pivotal election, but of something larger, more complicated and, from a counterintelligence perspective, more nefarious.""

So much for your theory Mycroft. It sure is amazing though how quickly you enter these Russian threads to insist nothing happened...

Oh boy, I knew this would cause lot's of sobbing and hair pulling by our liberal friends but didn't think it would be this bad.

Probably should invest in more Kleenex and hanging rope. Looks like it's going thru the roof.

""He made clear that the investigation is not compiling the story of one pivotal election, but of something larger, more complicated and, from a counterintelligence perspective, more nefarious.""

So much for your theory Mycroft. It sure is amazing though how quickly you enter these Russian threads to insist nothing happened...

You didn't seem to have a problem when Lynch and Holder were heading investigations into Obama.

Umm... there have already been more than 20 indictments with six members of Trump's campaign being found guilty or pleading guilty, and we don't even have the full Mueller report yet. The President himself has already been named as an unindicted co-conspirator on a minimum of two felonies.

For comparison, Republicans spent over 4 years on that ridiculous Hillary Clinton Bengazhi/Email scandal investigation and turned out zero indictments. Not against Hillary Clinton, not against any other member of her staff.

They failed to find any law that had been broken or major security issues; each time a committee came up with that result they started a new one and wow, she had her own email server! "lock her up!"

All political parties outright lie at times. I am wondering when the Republicans will get around to telling something that's actually true, rather than this pumped up, hot air propaganda. My respect for them as a party has eroded completely as THEY engage in worse tactics they complained about with Obama.

Ummm, name one indictment that has to do with Trump/Russia collusion.

My God you liberals are dishonest.

You didn't seem to have a problem when Lynch and Holder were heading investigations into Obama.
If you don't even know what you're talking about, why do you post?

My point was this investigation is being done by Republicans, not Democrats, which was in response to your false statement regarding Democrats in your OP.

Both Papadopolous and Flynn's indictments directly were related to coordinating with Russian agents/officials.

Why are you posting lies?

Interesting. Thanks for pointing that out.

Both Papadopolous and Flynn's indictments directly were related to coordinating with Russian agents/officials.

Why are you posting lies?

Why don't you show how any of that directly relates to Trump/Russia collusion?

I think we're seeing the beginning of the meltdown.

My God you liberals are dishonest.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/2/20/17031772/mueller-indictments-grand-jury

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...estigated-in-trump-russia-probe-idUSKCN1LU2BH

https://www.businessinsider.com/who-has-been-charged-in-russia-investigation-mueller-trump-2017-12

I get the impression you are dishonest...at least in suggesting there have been no indictments,

Take some time to read this instead of just lying all the time.

People mare not as stupid as you seem to think. So far every post has been a lie...so anyone betting on you is a total looser

Why don't you show how any of that directly relates to Trump/Russia collusion?

I think we're seeing the beginning of the meltdown.

See above.

Now try this. Try to get one post that cannot instantly be shown to be a total fabrication. Can you do that?

I didn't think so

Back
Top Bottom