• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Senate Intel panel asks Comey to testify publicly

Nilly

stb
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
So a little while back Comey said he would only testify publicly, looks like the senate intel panel have invited him to do so.

Senate Intel panel asks Comey to testify publicly | TheHill

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ng/senate-intelligence-asks-comey-to-testify/

Sen. Richard Burr (R-N.C.), chairman of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, and Sen. Mark Warner (D-Va.), the committee’s vice chairman, sought Wednesday to invite former FBI director James Comey to testify and also requested documents related to the investigation into Russia’s meddling in the 2016 U.S. elections:

Today, the Committee sent two additional letters seeking information related to the Committee’s ongoing investigation. The first was sent to former FBI Director James Comey seeking his appearance before the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence in both open and closed sessions. The second was sent to Acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe, seeking any notes or memorandum prepared by the former Director regarding any communications he may have had with senior White House and Department of Justice officials related to investigations into Russia’s efforts.

Maybe I'm jumping the gun here, but to quote a particularly apt reddit comment: 'Ever seen a 6'8 guy **** an orange?'

I wonder how long before we get a Trump twitter tantrum disparaging Comey.

I'll certainly tuning in next week. Maybe the first time a C-Span broadcast is put on my calendar.

Trump supporters are going out of their minds discrediting Comey in advance. They know what kind of human being they voted into office, and they know this hearing is going to be all kinds of awful for him.

Who to trust more... The former director of the FBI who decided to not pursue criminal charges against Clinton that was fairly controversial. Or a twitter ranting attack dog who made a fortune ripping people off and has provably lied 1.4 trillion times in the past year?

Who to trust more... The former director of the FBI who decided to not pursue criminal charges against Clinton that was fairly controversial. Or a twitter ranting attack dog who made a fortune ripping people off and has provably lied 1.4 trillion times in the past year?

Well he may have lied over 492 times in his first 100 days of office alone, but I'm sure he didn't rack up 1.4 trillion lies in even a full year. So let's not exaggerate.

Well he may have lied over 492 times in his first 100 days of office alone, but I'm sure he didn't rack up 1.4 trillion lies in even a full year. So let's not exaggerate.

That would be thousands of lies per second without rest. That would be so impressive I would forgive it. ;)

If the Senate public hearing transpires next week, Trump will be out of the country unless he shortens his itinerary.

That would be thousands of lies per second without rest. That would be so impressive I would forgive it. ;)

Trump certainly would if he could. But being as he's physically unable to considering the restraints of time and space, he delegates what he can.

BBut two people close to the administration say that White House staffers do much of their lying for sport, rather than to further any larger agenda.

“They all lie,” said a conservative journalist with close ties to the West Wing, who described an informal contest to smuggle the biggest whoppers into print. “It’s a game to them.”

A conservative activist close to the administration said a member of the White House communications team recently divulged the same to him over drinks. According to the activist, the staffer described the attitude inside the press shop toward lying to reporters as: “They’ll print what they want anyways, so we may as well have fun.”

Trump’s Fake War on the Fake News - POLITICO Magazine

You're forgetting that he now has access to the Time Machine that Obama used to plant the fake birth certificates used to foil Trump's birther claims.

/sarc off.

Yeah, but, figure of speech. Guy lies all the damn time. Well, I say "lie", but it's impossible to tell whether it's a lie or just bull**** - the difference being whether he actually knows what he is saying is false. He may not have a clue.

I've analyzed Trump's speeches and inferred his mental patterns. The number of synapses involved in creating his lies are an exponential product of 1^33 lying neurons which equals 1.4 trillion lies from his reported 492 finished products.

Back
Top Bottom