• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Senate Democrats file ethics complaint against Hawley, Cruz over Capitol attack (1/21/21)

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

Seven Senate Democrats are urging the Ethics Committee to open an investigation into GOP Sens. Josh Hawley (Mo.) and Ted Cruz (Texas) over the Jan. 6 Capitol riot.

The senators filed a complaint on Thursday with the committee asking that it probe whether Hawley and Cruz’s objections to the Electoral College results violated the chamber’s ethics rules.

“The Senate Ethics Committee should investigate their conduct to fully understand their role. The actions of which we know demand an investigation and a determination whether disciplinary action is warranted. Until then, a cloud of uncertainty will hang over them and over this body,” the senators wrote.
=======================================================
I wouldn't want a cloud of uncertainty hanging over me.

I don't agree with this. Their objections were grounded in fiction, and in terrible taste given what had happened just hours before, but they were legal and followed the process. And if truth-telling were an ethical requirement, then we might as well get rid of 90% of all politicians regardless of party.

Recall when this took place?

goebbels_books_canonical-resize-1200x0-50.jpg

I don't agree with this. Their objections were grounded in fiction, and in terrible taste given what had happened just hours before, but they were legal and followed the process. And if truth-telling were an ethical requirement, then we might as well get rid of 90% of all politicians regardless of party.
We will see what the Ethics Com. decides to do with them.

So begins the easily predictable "overreach".

More to come...

Well they only objected about the states tRump wanted to win. In the states tRump won but they used covid protective measures like the states in question there was absolutely no objections, so the 'Constitutional' argument is bogus. Court after court ruled, court after court dismissed. The Supreme Court (packed with conservative justices) refused to hear the utter nonsense.

They were pandering to the tRump loonies, Langford apologized to his constituents.... ✌

So begins the easily predictable "overreach".

More to come...
With both Houses investigating the failure, why and who were key inciters (Senate/Congress/Cabinet) all will come out
Now we watch as the Republican party feeds on its own

Seven Senate Democrats are urging the Ethics Committee to open an investigation into GOP Sens. Josh Hawley (Mo.) and Ted Cruz (Texas) over the Jan. 6 Capitol riot.

The senators filed a complaint on Thursday with the committee asking that it probe whether Hawley and Cruz’s objections to the Electoral College results violated the chamber’s ethics rules.

“The Senate Ethics Committee should investigate their conduct to fully understand their role. The actions of which we know demand an investigation and a determination whether disciplinary action is warranted. Until then, a cloud of uncertainty will hang over them and over this body,” the senators wrote.
=======================================================
I wouldn't want a cloud of uncertainty hanging over me.
Dems I believe the “re-education camps you ant for Rep.” are needed elsewhere And for other people. Remember what you wish for!

Back
Top Bottom