• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Senate deals blow to 'Don't ask, don't tell' repeal in 56-43 vote

Prof,

No Super Majority means no progress for Republican positions. Not only can they not get 60 votes in the Senate, but they also can't get Obama to sign off on them. The next 2 years are going to suck for Republicans a great deal. They won't be able to do ****.

But if they continue to take the side of the popular majority, then the dims will continue to look awful blocking popular legislation. It's win - win for the republodummies. They win, because they STOP cold the dims, and they win again, because they can stop the dims, and also make the dims look wrose for continuing to be dims. :)

Tim-

Thank goodness that the minority prevailed. Someone has to stand up for the principles that everyone should have the same sexual orientation as me. It is important that we not acknowledge that someone who doesn't look like me or have the same views as me shouldn't have the same rights as me. I'm better and I should have more rights than they do and its good that the Republican minority is standing up for those principles. I like that they talk about protecting the "morale of the unit" because they have helped my morale a lot by standing against people who are different. Now, if they could just figure out how to put women and them niggers back in their place, we'd be all set.

Thank goodness that the minority prevailed. Someone has to stand up for the principles that everyone should have the same sexual orientation as me. It is important that we not acknowledge that someone who doesn't look like me or have the same views as me shouldn't have the same rights as me. I'm better and I should have more rights than they do and its good that the Republican minority is standing up for those principles. I like that they talk about protecting the "morale of the unit" because they have helped my morale a lot by standing against people who are different. Now, if they could just figure out how to put women and them niggers back in their place, we'd be all set.

Nice!

Tim-

I love your Archie Bunker.

snippet just off the AP wire today:
----------------------------------
One in five sexually active gay and bisexual men has the AIDS virus, and nearly half of those don't know they are infected, a federal study of 21 U.S. cities shows.
Experts said the findings are similar to earlier research, but the study released Thursday is the largest to look at gay and bisexual U.S. men at high risk for HIV. More than 8,000 men were tested and interviewed, and 44 percent of those who had the virus didn't know they had it.
Overall, less than half of 1 percent of Americans have the AIDS virus, according to a calculation by the Kaiser Family Foundation, a research and policy organization in Washington, D.C.
But gay and bisexual men continue to be infected at much higher rates, said Jennifer Kates, Kaiser's director of global health and HIV policy.
"We don't have a generalized epidemic in the United States. We have a concentrated epidemic among certain populations," she said.
That's why a new national AIDS strategy, unveiled by the White House in July, is emphasizing more of a government focus on men who have sex with men and others at the highest risk of getting infected, Kates said.
----------------------------------

Obviously alot of USA military folks are celebrating today that they won't have to be sharing fox holes with those these statistics bear out often have such a lack of self control that they carelessly transmit a lethal desease.

No, I'd say that there are a lot, who have known people put out of the military or who signed paperwork to get out, who are getting a little bit ticked that they can't get qualified people in or keep some qualified people in to help them man watches, fill positions, and overall lessen the load that our servicemembers already face because some people are truly afraid of such a thing.

Apparently you are a bit ignorant of the fact that servicemembers are tested for HIV at least every 2-3 years (but more likely annually at their annual physical checkup like both my husband and I are/were) and absolutely before they ever go into a combat zone. Anyone, gay or straight, can get HIV/AIDS, and are allowed to stay in the military.

Back
Top Bottom