• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Senate committee made criminal referral of Trump Jr., Bannon, Kushner, others to federal prosecutors

Cardinal

Respected On All Sides
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Hey, remember all the way back to 2017, when we thought, "Gee, isn't it kind of weird that on the topic of all things Russia, every Trump campaign associate has lied 100% of the time? Well, that's also what the bipartisan Senate Intelligence Committee thought.

Anyway, I'm sure Barr has put this on his to-do list and will get around to it eventually.

WASHINGTON — The Republican and Democratic leaders of the Senate Intelligence Committee made criminal referrals of Donald Trump Jr., Jared Kushner, Steve Bannon, Erik Prince and Sam Clovis to federal prosecutors in 2019, passing along their suspicions that the men may have misled the committee during their testimony, an official familiar with the matter told NBC News.

The official confirmed reports in the Los Angeles Times and The Washington Post, which reported on the matter last week. A criminal referral to the Justice Department means Congress believes a matter warrants investigation for potential violation of the law.

The committee detailed its concerns in a letter to the U.S. attorney's office in Washington, D.C., in June 2019, the official said.

The Post reported that the letter was divided into two sections. One named those suspected of making false statements, The Post said: Bannon; Clovis, a co-chair of the Trump campaign in 2016; and Prince, a private security contractor.

A second section raised concerns about the testimony of other witnesses, including Trump Jr. and Kushner, whose statements were contradicted by Trump campaign aide Richard Gates, although it did not pointedly make a false-statements allegation, The Post reported.

Senate committee made criminal referral of Trump Jr., Bannon, Kushner, two others to federal prosecutors

Interesting. I hope that this is investigated.

Hey, remember all the way back to 2017, when we thought, "Gee, isn't it kind of weird that on the topic of all things Russia, every Trump campaign associate has lied 100% of the time? Well, that's also what the bipartisan Senate Intelligence Committee thought.

Anyway, I'm sure Barr has put this on his to-do list and will get around to it eventually.

Senate committee made criminal referral of Trump Jr., Bannon, Kushner, two others to federal prosecutors

the only people that misled congress have been
Schiff
Pelosi
McCabe
Stzock
Comey.

SO you agree that they should all be recommended for charges.
glad you agree.

Should the DOJ persue every criminal referral made by Congress?

Congressman Matt Gaetz Files Criminal Referral Against Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg | Congressman Matt Gaetz

GOP senators send criminal referral to Justice Department for dossier author - CNNPolitics

Schiff
Pelosi
McCabe
Stzock
Comey.

glad you agree.

You don't read too good.

All this collusion and all we have is 172,000 dead Americans and a collapsed economy to show for it.

Schiff
Pelosi
McCabe
Stzock
Comey.

glad you agree.

Now that is a great argument worthy of an intellectual Trump supporter.

I'm convinced!

I don't think Barr is going to do anything about it.

Not as long as Bill Barr is around.

He’ll be working as defense counsel after January, most likely.

Of course, he’ll want to be paid. And Flynn and Manafort are always broke, and the rest of them don’t have any money either.

And, if Trump loses, the GOP is going to stop paying his legal bills. Which is the only way he has gotten representation. The RNC had to guarantee payment, as all the big firms know Trump doesn’t pay his bills.

Sorry, maybe in cartoon world does the antics of Matt Goetz become equivalent to the actions of the Committee as a whole. Come to think of it, Matt Goetz is a cartoon character.

Right up there with Peter King, Louis Gohmert, Cruz, Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachman, Joe Arpio and Donald Trump.

Carnival barkers all. And the right wing audience can’t get enough of their BS.

Not as long as Bill Barr is around.

He’ll be working as defense counsel after January, most likely.

Of course, he’ll want to be paid. And Flynn and Manafort are always broke, and the rest of them don’t have any money either.

And, if Trump loses, the GOP is going to stop paying his legal bills. Which is the only way he has gotten representation. The RNC had to guarantee payment, as all the big firms know Trump doesn’t pay his bills.

Well then I guess the criminal mastermind Erik Prince gets away with it. Not a perfect system.

More of the same: " may have misled the committee ", " an official familiar with the matter told NBC News." "The official confirmed reports in the Los Angeles Times and The Washington Post, " " Congress believes a matter warrants investigation for potential violation of the law". " a meeting in the Seychelles between Prince and a top Russian official."

Now that is a great argument worthy of an intellectual Trump supporter.

I'm convinced!

All supported by facts. YOu should try it sometime.

More of the same: " may have misled the committee ", " an official familiar with the matter told NBC News." "The official confirmed reports in the Los Angeles Times and The Washington Post, " " Congress believes a matter warrants investigation for potential violation of the law". " a meeting in the Seychelles between Prince and a top Russian official."

You Trumpsters never tire of the “anonymous sources” attempts to dismiss the facts.

Anonymous sources have turned out to be right throughout this thing.

And your attempt to write off facts by concentrating on the criminal referral rather than the contents of a Senate report that confirms thee Russia collusion operation in detail won’t get you anywhere.... unless you call in to a right wing talk radio show.

All supported by facts. YOu should try it sometime.

You post an empty rant and claim that it is “supported by facts”/

OK, you claimed that you had facts, and denigrated a poster who actually had them in order to post your empty rant.

Let’s see your facts.

We won’t hold our breath. Trumpsters and facts don’t often co exist.

Well then I guess the criminal mastermind Erik Prince gets away with it. Not a perfect system.

He would probably flee to a country with no extradition treaty anyway. He spent a lot of the last few years sleeping around in the darker reaches of mercenary world.

Then be sure to elect Biden/Harris. Biden has said that once he gets his DOJ in order, he won't interfere with any investigations.

No way in hell Barr investigates anyone related to Trump or his campaign.

You Trumpsters never tire of the “anonymous sources” attempts to dismiss the facts.

And your attempt to write off facts by concentrating on the criminal referral rather than the contents of a Senate report that confirms thee Russia collusion operation in detail won’t get you anywhere.... unless you call in to a right wing talk radio show.

It wasn't a "trumpster" who started this thread.
The quality and content of the allegation was challenged.
The contents of the Senate report-- no conspiracy.
Russia targeted both campaigns.

The IG report stated 17 "errors" made by the FBI, all were bad for Trump. Do you think that's a coincidence? Also, things that "may have happened", isn't a "fact", nor, is a "potential violation of the law". You can't incarcerate someone for something they "may have done".

Schiff
Pelosi
McCabe
Stzock
Comey.

glad you agree.

I see we went full retard

I see we went full retard
Fantasy land is fantasy land.

ludin thinks he was on a jury of peers that convicted Hillary of being guilty, and that's why she's a felon.

Tells you all you need about whatever posts he makes on people within a 1000 ideological miles of her, I guess.

------------------------

Thought had by person at the White House: If you can remember, man, woman, car, camera, TV, you are fit to lead a country and no one has anything to worry about

Back
Top Bottom