• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Senate and House pass DADT repeals

Hoplite

Technomancer
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
This is going to be vetoed by President Obama, because in the provision is pork for military jet engines that the military says it does not need.

This is going to be vetoed by President Obama, because in the provision is pork for military jet engines that the military says it does not need.

Correct, and possibly why this actually passed before the Pentagon study was finished. It gets them on the record as voting for the repeal, without it actually happening.

Some days I am just cynical...

Oh for ****'s sake there's always some jackass with a manufacturer in his district who needs some unrelated pork. Is this the F136 crap I've been hearing on conservative radio?

It's a hilarious "announcement." Something about America being built on competition, and the government wants to end competition... for the Joint Strike Fighter engine. This extra competition could save money! Having two manufacturers is better! GE is being locked out of this vital defense contract! Paid for by GE

edit: I see that it's part of the defense appropriations bill and isn't standalone. Makes more sense. Still. Pentagon doesn't want it, why give it to them?

Last edited:
I'm hoping he wont veto it, it's an important enough issue that I think we need to address it now that we actually have the way for repeal clear. Even if it is bought and paid for.

this morning:

the prez says he'll veto pelosi's product

House passes defense policy bill - Jen DiMascio - POLITICO.com

how do you spell used?

in spanish?

where's the president's "comprehensive immigration reform?"

it's in the same coward's cubby hole as his don't ask don't tell

remember his state of the union?

he doesn't

america has never seen a president make so many promises in a SOTU so quickly forgotten

there was his bank tax, his debt commission, his spending freeze...

his don't ask don't tell

remember when he surprised everyone by announcing he was suddenly gonna drill, baby, drill

another rumination for a thursday morning, apparently

no stick-to-it-tive-ness

ie, flighty

the opposite of what's required from a leader

gays and hispanics and african americans and youths have been so PLAYED by this plastic president

oh, well

party on, progressives

represent

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom