• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sen. Rockefeller Wants FCC to "End" MSNBC and Fox News.

Do you approve or diapprove of the FCC "ending" MSNBC and Fox News?

• Approve

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Disapprove

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • Something else (explain)

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
It is--and should be--a major concern of the American people when a member of Congress suggests that the 1st Amendment should be abolished.

Now is the time to send the signal that we won't stand for this kind of action, from Congress. If we wait for legislation to be introduced, it may be too late.

You're exactly right. To those who think, Oh, well, he's just expressing an opinion, are delluding themselves.
Of course he wants to shut down Fox and would throw MSNBC under the bus to seem fair to both sides.
Fox is the thorn in their sides that is informing people of what's going on.
Rockefeller wants his life to be easier. He wants to just get on "with the people's work" without debate from the the little people. Debate slows progressive agenda down.

I watched C-Span last night. A Dem was trying desperately to get enough votes for a food safety bill. He was almost in tears, that it had to get through now because people are dying.
(I think it was written two years ago) but the bill would take 4 hrs to read and that was too long and too much to ask.
Well, I went to the site and saw the bill. It is absolutely not something that should be passed without hours and hours of debate and he's trying to cram it through.

This is the kind of stuff Rockefeller doesn't want talked about on cable news. It's too distracting from the business at hand. Without cable news I think they would have had a much easier time at passing the HC bill.

Of course they want to shut down Fox. but so far we are not Venezuela, where they only get the news the way the government wants them to get it.
BTW if anyone wants to take the time to find the food safety bill. (I had a little trouble) It's at Thomas.loc.gov it's S 510 and it's Tom Harkin's bill.

I'm waiting for the first "Approve" vote to be cast from the "progressive" left (aka, communist/marxist fans).

How does wanting to figure out a way to shut out talking assholes on both Fox News and CNN make someone a communist? I just don't like it. Wish it were possible. I also wish there was a way to get rid of **** that turns American's brains into mush and makes them value dumb ****. This would include Jersey Shore, Entertainment Tonight, American Idol, Inside Edition, etc.

Liberals get their first challenge ever from the once all-leftist media, and they curl up in the fetal position.

You didn't hear conservatives trying to outlaw ABC, NBC, CBS, NPR, CNN, the NY Times, Chicago Tribune, LA Times, Washington Post, San Fran Chronicle, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, all these many decades..

Conservatives finally get a real source for news, along with Drudge, and liberals cry like the lifetime wimps they are.

This is another thing I find hilarious about neo-cons they think every thing out there not owned by Fox is left. It really is fascinating to me honestly, how does one get programmed like this? My grandfather was a life long Republican watched CNN and 60 minutes regularly. Wrote political articles for the newspaper and would phone in to the local conservative radio shows not once do I recall him saying how much he hated CNN and their liberal ways while he sat there watching it. It must have been some kind of new phenomom that happened at the beginning of the 21st century that programmed so many people to think this way but what? Hmmm...naw I'm probably just overthinking it you are probably right they are all liberal commies.

This is another thing I find hilarious about neo-cons they think every thing out there not owned by Fox is left. It really is fascinating to me honestly, how does one get programmed like this? My grandfather was a life long Republican watched CNN and 60 minutes regularly. Wrote political articles for the newspaper and would phone in to the local conservative radio shows not once do I recall him saying how much he hated CNN and their liberal ways while he sat there watching it. It must have been some kind of new phenomom that happened at the beginning of the 21st century that programmed so many people to think this way but what? Hmmm...naw I'm probably just overthinking it you are probably right they are all liberal commies.

Ugh. Are you one of those people who calls everyone to the right of you neo-cons? I thought we were over this a couple years ago.l

Ugh. Are you one of those people who calls everyone to the right of you neo-cons? I thought we were over this a couple years ago.l

I can call them conservatives, I guess neo-cons have turned into the norm into conservatives now? That is unfortunate. I wouldn't mind there being an actual real conservative out there. The closest thing to a real conservative Ron Paul, is to radical to most conservatives.

I can call them conservatives, I guess neo-cons have turned into the norm into conservatives now? That is unfortunate. I wouldn't mind there being an actual real conservative out there. The closest thing to a real conservative Ron Paul, is to radical to most conservatives.

No, I don't believe neo-cons are the norm for conservatives. I just really get tired of people who call ALL conservative neo-cons. Keith Olbermann loved to do that during the Bush years. He hasn't done it so much recently.

Back
Top Bottom