• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sen. Mitt Romney raises a troubling theory about Trump and Turkey

Damn dude, you are posting on a political forum at least do a little research about political activity.

Does watching the media Trump witch hunt qualify as political study? Wish I was a fly on the wall when Brennan and Schiff get together - talk about having the long knives out.

From The Washington Post

Sen. Mitt Romney raises a troubling theory about Trump and Turkey

Sen. Mitt Romney delivered perhaps the most thorough Republican rebuke of President Trump’s Syria withdrawal Thursday, calling Trump’s abandonment of the Kurds there “a bloodstain on the annals of American history.”

But while that line will get a lot of play, there’s something else Romney said that shouldn’t escape notice. He also floated a theory about how Trump arrived at the decision: that he got bullied into it by Turkey and that he backed down.

“It’s been … suggested that Turkey may have called America’s bluff, telling the president they are coming no matter what we did,” said Romney, of Utah. “If that’s so, we should know it. For it would tell us a great deal about how we should deal with Turkey, now and in the future.”

Romney then returned to the idea that Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan might have given Trump an ultimatum that was met with acquiescence.

COMMENT:-

Considering that what Turkey wanted was a 20-mile-wide zone of control in northern Syria and an end to the autonomous Kurdish political unit of Rojava and what Turkey got was a 20-mile-wide zone of control in northern Syria and an end to the autonomous Kurdish political unit of Rojava, Mr. Romney's supposition doesn't appear to be all that far fetched.

Of course the facts that the Turkish government quickly has said that it has NOT signed off on any "deal", and also considering that, it is also taking the position that the "deal" is not a ceasefire and also considering that the Syrian Kurdish leaders are rather miffed about the "deal" because they weren't consulted at all (and that they also completely reject the "deal"), make it seem that Mr. Romney's speculation is even less far fetched.

Mitt Romney: Best friend of terrorists and the Democratic Party.

It would not be possible to too much apply the word "scumball" to God-ordained-me-to-be-President! Mitt Romney.

Of course Romney wants us to go to war against our NATO ally on behalf of terrorists. "Traitor" is Romney's middle name.

Does watching the media Trump witch hunt qualify as political study? Wish I was a fly on the wall when Brennan and Schiff get together - talk about having the long knives out.

No, you just sound like another ditto head nodding in agreement with anything RW media tells you is true.

I was told by a reliable source - a whistleblower - that Putin paid Romney $5 million to make his next attack on the Republican Party. Romney should be removed from office for selling out to Putin.

Trump is an impostor and Johnny Come Lately and doesn't espouse anything even vaguely Republican.

I know, yet these Patriotic republicans worshipers think he is the second coming....

Romney is the Republican in the Senate most acting like a Republican.

Or rather, what Republicans acted like when they had principles.

I'd like to see Romney do more than just talk, however.

Romney is no Republican and I would 100% expect Romney to betray our NATO ally Turkey because "Backstabber" is Romney's middle name.

You wouldn't understand what being principled means if it slapped you upside the head. :laughat:

No, you just sound like another ditto head nodding in agreement with anything RW media tells you is true.

Dittos are for losers. I look at the CIA and FBI getting involved in regime change in their own country and I ask why? It's probably happened before but now it's out in the open. Not a good development.

Dittos are for losers. I look at the CIA and FBI getting involved in regime change in their own country and I ask why? It's probably happened before but now it's out in the open. Not a good development.

Where did you get that CT from?

I was told by a reliable source - a whistleblower - that Putin paid Romney $5 million to make his next attack on the Republican Party. Romney should be removed from office for selling out to Putin.

Making up lies does not make you look smart.

Where did you get that CT from?

Did I blame the CIA and FBI for Trumps problems? Sorry I meant the Russian mob. Did you know Bernie Sanders is a Russian asset as well as Tulsi Gabbard? Ask Hillary about it if you can catch her between wine tastings. People should thank Trump for keeping her out of the White House.

Last edited:
Well, sure; you can always put words in someone else's mouth to suit your own purposes, natch.

I asked you a question, and that question was

(Would your definition of "a real friend" be "A 'real friend of the US' is any country that, regardless of any adverse effects on its own (or any other) society or economy, does exactly what the President of the United States of America tells it to do REGARDLESS of whether the action is lawful, moral, ethical, or even rational."?

There are three ways of answering that question:

1. "Yes that is my definition.";
  2. "No, that is not my definition. My definition is __[fill in the blank]__."; or
  3. to remain silent and let people know that you simply cannot, or will not, answer the question either because you
    • do not know what your own definition of 'real friend' is or
    • know that you will be excoriated and ridiculed if you tell the truth.

As you have chosen Option 3 without expanding on why, I'll stick with whichever of Options 3.a. and 3.b. I feel is appropriate and let others make their own choice for themselves.

Trump is an impostor and Johnny Come Lately and doesn't espouse anything even vaguely Republican.

Mr. Trump fulfills all of the essential conditions for "being a Republican" - when his name is on the ballot there is a "Big 'R'" after it.

You might want to take note that there are many other "Republicans" who fall into the same category.

You might also want to take note that there are many "Democrats" who fulfil the essential qualification for "being a Democrat" in that when their name is on the ballot there is a "Big 'D'" after it.

It's so easy to be a trump stan nowadays. Just dismiss the messenger.

Mitt Romney raises troubling theory about Trump and Turkey - "Who cares about romney? He's not a republican. He just wants attention"
(any democrat) raises troubling theory about Trump and Turkey - "Lol crazy democrats''
Former Trump secretary raises troubling theory about Trump and Turkey - "lol X is just jealous, nobody takes him seriously, he got booted and now wants to cash in"
John bolton raises troubling theory about Trump and Turkey - "Nobody should take Bolton serious, this is a nothing burger"
Journalist raises troubling theory about Trump and Turkey - "fake news"
Fox news host raises troubling theory about Trump and Turkey - "So now democrats care what a fox employee says? X is not a real journalist, not even a republican, just hates trump"
Republican congressmen/senator raises troubling theory about Trump and Turkey - "He/She's a never-trumper, dismissed"
Judge raises troubling theory about Trump and Turkey - "So-called judge, wh ocares?"

Basically you can dismiss ANYTHING and not even have to think. Content doesn't matter. The leader has taught you well.

farr8vsse2u31.jpg

I asked you a question, and that question was

(Would your definition of "a real friend" be "A 'real friend of the US' is any country that, regardless of any adverse effects on its own (or any other) society or economy, does exactly what the President of the United States of America tells it to do REGARDLESS of whether the action is lawful, moral, ethical, or even rational."?

There are three ways of answering that question:

2. "No, that is not my definition. My definition is __[fill in the blank]__."; or
  3. to remain silent and let people know that you simply cannot, or will not, answer the question either because you

As you have chosen Option 3 without expanding on why, I'll stick with whichever of Options 3.a. and 3.b. I feel is appropriate and let others make their own choice for themselves.

If you had asked the question genuinely, rather than trying to put words in my mouth, you might have gotten a different response. Food for thought.

So what are you implying, that Mitt's a pedophile? Do you really think Trump doesn't have a separate twitter account that we don't see? What exactly is Mitt doing wrong? You need to stop watching Fox News.

What they fail to understand is Romney is a REAL Republican, just like Bush, Reagan and Bush sr.

The drooling citizens of Trump Fan Nation wouldn't know a real Republican if he bit them in their asses.

If you had asked the question genuinely, rather than trying to put words in my mouth, you might have gotten a different response. Food for thought.

Really?

Then why do you put "thoughts in my mind" by assuming what my motivations were?

PS - Why not actually answer the question rather than dancing all around it and inventing reasons why you won't answer it? To save you the time and effort of attempting to remember what the question was, it was

Would your definition of "a real friend" be

"A 'real friend of the US' is any country that, regardless of any adverse effects on its own (or any other) society or economy, does exactly what the President of the United States of America tells it to do REGARDLESS of whether the action is lawful, moral, ethical, or even rational."?

And the answer options are:

So what are you implying, that Mitt's a pedophile? Do you really think Trump doesn't have a separate twitter account that we don't see? What exactly is Mitt doing wrong? You need to stop watching Fox News.

Of course that is EXACTLY what they are implying, and they are doing so deliberately.

Back
Top Bottom