• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sen. Lindsey Graham calls for the Russian people to ‘take out’ Vladimir Putin

justabubba

long standing member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

was lindsey graham wrong?
Is there a Brutus in Russia? Is there a more successful Colonel Stauffenberg in the Russian military? The only way this ends is for somebody in Russia to take this guy out. You would be doing your country - and the world - a great service.
“Easy to say, hard to do,” he said. “Unless you want to live in darkness for the rest of your life, be isolated from the rest of the world in abject poverty, and live in darkness you need to step up to the plate.”
how would we respond if a major political leader in russia or china or iran implored that someone among the American people should step up and assassinate our own president for our own good?

Lindsey Graham. LMAO.

Just STFU Lindsey, nobody cares what your trumpasskissing rear end has to say about it, you should have "taken out" your Reality TeeVee Messiah instead of becoming its #1 cheerleader and butt munch. Go away Lindsey. Just go away.

What exactly is Lindsey's goal here? Does he seriously think the oligarchs are listening to him? Does he think overthrow/assassination hasn't crossed their minds? His statements serve only the Russian propaganda machine and he can bet his words will be played over and over again on Russian state media just as they did with Tucker and Tulsi. This ****in' clown needs to retire before he puts more lives at risk.

I think that his saying this was bizarre.

was lindsey graham wrong?

how would we respond if a major political leader in russia or china or iran implored that someone among the American people should step up and assassinate our own president for our own good?
Was he wrong to use his Constitutional rights to voice an opinion? Isn't that really the question?

The Russians that Putin is slaughtering financially probably already want Putin dead.

Was he wrong to use his Constitutional rights to voice an opinion? Isn't that really the question?
There is a huge difference between someone's right to say something and whether they should or not. A US Senator should not be making public statements like this whether he can or not.

There is a huge difference between someone's right to say something and whether they should or not. A US Senator should not be making public statements like this whether he can or not.
So you think that becasue a person has a assumed a role in the Govt. they should not share their views? That's the kind of democracy you want?

So you think that becasue a person has a assumed a role in the Govt. they should not share their views? That's the kind of democracy you want?
That is not what I said it is your interpretation......and an incorrect one at that. Elected officials have a responsibility to be very careful of the words they use in a time of crisis.

Graham does not need to be giving Lavrov sound bytes to do his gaslighting at the UN with

That is not what I said it is your interpretation......and an incorrect one at that. Elected officials have a responsibility to be very careful of the words they use at a time of crisis.
I am trying to understand your POV. What is the line an elected official must never cross? Just so you know I am glad Graham said what was on his mind. I wish more people in Govt. would. It would make for more honest conversation.

Should he share his views on everything that comes to mind? Should he engage in free association? Should he have no desire to sift through his thoughts prior to sharing them?

@Jkca1 There is no solid line. The issue and the timing matter. Russia will now use that as propaganda with7n Russia to say that US Government, which is who Graham represents, is calling for his assassination. A bumbass remark given the current situation.

That is not what I said it is your interpretation......and an incorrect one at that. Elected officials have a responsibility to be very careful of the words they use in a time of crisis.
If we are being honest, more than one of on this forum have thought that very same thing, but Lindsey should know better than to say the quiet part out loud. I'm sure Putin has thought of this as well and will be very careful who gets near his inner circle.

Should he share his views on everything that comes to mind? Should he engage in free association? Should he have no desire to sift through his thoughts prior to sharing the

Should he share his views on everything that comes to mind? Should he engage in free association? Should he have no desire to sift through his thoughts prior to sharing them?
Should he? Maybe not. But I would fight for his right to say anything he wants. How about you?

The Russians that Putin is slaughtering financially probably already want Putin dead.
  • It's up to the Russian People to take out Putin... No foreign nation should do it, because it would lose the trust of the people of Russian, (because of all the anti West Propaganda that Putin has fed his people for decades) but if Russian People take out Putin and Putin's General, they will gain Favor with many nations around the world. Especially, If a new leader gave them "truth and honest access to media that shows them the reality truths.
  • The same is True for Chinese people, the difference is in China, they will never a lader that has the ability to Unite the various Cultural Factions in China. They'd have to show the people that "economic uplift won't just be in the Major Cities, but they will have to pledge to expand Universal Education for Skill Development and Cultural Learning Programming, so they know more about each other in honest humane terms.
  • It may well help the N. Korean people to rid themselves of Kim, it's highly likly the people of N. Korea are not at the least bit pleased with Kim spending money on Weapons while people are going hungry and living in highly depressed conditions.

Lucas Kunce was recently asked the same question posed here and he said (I wish YouTube had it recorded), "Do it yourself, Lindsey".

LucasKunce.png

Should he? Maybe not. But I would fight for his right to say anything he wants. How about you?
I don't need to fight for it. His right is already embedded in The Constitution.

If we are being honest, more than one of on this forum have thought that very same thing, but Lindsey should know better than to say the quiet part out loud. I'm sure Putin has thought of this as well and will be very careful who gets near his inner circle.
The operative word is "thought".

I don't need to fight for it. His right is already embedded in The Constitution.
So do you agree he should voice his opinion freely?

So do you agree he should voice his opinion freely?
I agree that he has the right to voice his opinion freely; that is quite different from saying I believe he "should" which implies that I think his doing so shows good judgment.

I agree that he has the right to voice his opinion freely; that is quite different from saying I believe he "should" which implies that I think his doing so shows good judgment.
Fair enough. I think and hope the Russian people will hang Putin from the highest tree. I am glad to see someone in Govt. voice an honest opinion for a change.

Back
Top Bottom