• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sen. John Kerry skips town on sails tax

After reading the link, I'll choose Door #2.

After reading the link, I'll choose Door #2.

He's always been an asshole --- now he's a tax avoiding asshole. Congress only needs us citizens to pay their taxes... the government folks are a-ok with making us do something they are not willing to do. Look at health care... they wouldn't mandate any of it would apply to them. Rangel's the same way ... the rules don't apply to him.

Gee... wonder why Congress has an 11% approval rating!:lamo

A person elected to not pay a tax they could legally avoid paying? I FOR ONE AM SHOCKED.

A person elected to not pay a tax they could legally avoid paying? I FOR ONE AM SHOCKED.

Shockingly...Duece comes out in support of the tax dodging leftist. The same tax dodging leftist that believes everyone ELSE should have to pay more and should pay for all those social programs for their crippled and dependent pets...

See...its one thing to say...hell no...I earned it (he had to sleep with that ****ing yeti) and Im keeping as much of it as I can as should everyone else. But thats not really his position on rich capitalists, now is it.

Sources say Isabel sold for something in the neighborhood of $7 million, meaning Kerry saved approximately $437,500 in sales tax and an annual excise tax of about $70,000.

Wow - How many starving children could that ****ing monstrosity have fed, clothed and provided healthcare for?

Way to be a hypocrite! These three quotes of his suit this quite nicely:

I will stand up to the special interests and stand with hardworking families so that we can give America back its future and its ideals.

Real Democrats don't abandon the middle class.

You're not going to have to look for us on vacation. You're going to find us working for America.

"Anyone may arrange his affairs so that his taxes shall be as low as
possible; he is not bound to choose that pattern which best pays the
treasury. There is not even a patriotic duty to increase one's taxes.
Over and over again the Courts have said that there is nothing sinister
in so arranging affairs as to keep taxes as low as possible. Everyone
does it, rich and poor alike and all do right, for nobody owes any
public duty to pay more than the law demands."
Judge Learned Hand

Hey, Kerry found a legal way not to pay taxes... Good on him. I support such actions.

HOWEVER, being who, and what he is... the hypocrisy of the moment is just too... sweet to pass up mocking him over.

I found this story almost as amusing as the one about Rahm Emanuel and other Democrats gifting their own houses and residences to their own personal charities, this little ploy means that as charities they are not eligible for Property taxes on these Houses and residences.

Shockingly...Duece comes out in support of the tax dodging leftist. The same tax dodging leftist that believes everyone ELSE should have to pay more and should pay for all those social programs for their crippled and dependent pets...

See...its one thing to say...hell no...I earned it (he had to sleep with that ****ing yeti) and Im keeping as much of it as I can as should everyone else. But thats not really his position on rich capitalists, now is it.

He didn't legally have to pay the tax. Personally, I think loopholes like this should be closed, but until they are, these stories aren't exactly newsworthy.

But thanks for assigning a bunch of opinions to me. It's so much easier when you just tell me what I think.

He didn't legally have to pay the tax. Personally, I think loopholes like this should be closed, but until they are, these stories aren't exactly newsworthy.

But thanks for assigning a bunch of opinions to me. It's so much easier when you just tell me what I think.

Legal? Sure! But then...that makes him just another POS hypoicrite doesnt it? Change the world help the little people...hey...dig my new yacht that I dodged taxes on!

And the cool part is...the sheep wont even care! Mwuhahahahaha!!!! :lamo

Damn those evil republicans and capitalists...

So I guess anybody and everybody who ever bought TurboTax in an effort to maximize tax deductions and tax credits is slick or an asshole.

:lol:

TED,
Slick asshole.

LOL

I pay my tax-lady a hefty sum of $100 - she knows where all the loopholes are. Come tax return season I'm never complaining.

So I guess anybody and everybody who ever bought TurboTax in an effort to maximize tax deductions and tax credits is slick or an asshole.

:lol:

TED,
Slick asshole.

No Ted, just Thurston Howell the third sounding hypocrite who give pretty speeches about the importance of raising taxes on the rich while avoiding paying those taxes himself. You get the hypocrisy...surely. What he is really saying is texes are important and it is important to take care of the crippled and dependent pets we have created...just...not with MY ****...

Legal? Sure! But then...that makes him just another POS hypoicrite doesnt it? Change the world help the little people...hey...dig my new yacht that I dodged taxes on!

And the cool part is...the sheep wont even care! Mwuhahahahaha!!!! :lamo

Damn those evil republicans and capitalists...

We don't care because this is something that every rich person in history has done. You only care because there's a (D) next to the name of the guy doing it.

Raging about other people's lack of raging is just... silly.

We don't care because this is something that every rich person in history has done. You only care because there's a (D) next to the name of the guy doing it.

Raging about other people's lack of raging is just... silly.

First off...you call my pointing out leftist hypocrisy (yours, not his) 'raging'? Thats just...silly. Hell...truth be told I think it is hilarious. Second off...
nah...never mind...not even worth it.

This reminds me of Al Gore urging us to cut down on energy usage and he doesn't.

Yeah, John Kerry should have gone down to the local Walmart in Boston and bought that yacht. :mrgreen:

Why are conservatives so gullible? :confused:

Well it would be hard to do since I am pretty sure we don't even have a Wal-mart in Boston. Hell I think the closest one is in Milton.

Well it would be hard to do since I am pretty sure we don't even have a Wal-mart in Boston. Hell I think the closest one is in Milton.
My mistake, the closest Walmart is 8.05 miles from Boston, not very far from the water.

Walmart Store #2139
780 Lynnway
Lynn, MA 01905
(781) 592-4300

My mistake, the closest Walmart is 8.05 miles from Boston, not very far from the water.

Walmart Store #2139
780 Lynnway
Lynn, MA 01905
(781) 592-4300

No it isn't. Still doesn't change the fact that Kerry is a hypocritical ass, but kudos on finding the loophole. Especially the travel time from Boston to RI isn't that long at all. Helps RI is a small state too.

I would have done the same thing as kerry and I'm fairly liberal too according to most. But then again I'm not politician and do not have any aspirations of holding political office. I guess certain things go with the territory.

No it isn't. Still doesn't change the fact that Kerry is a hypocritical ass, but kudos on finding the loophole. Especially the travel time from Boston to RI isn't that long at all. Helps RI is a small state too.
Where was the yacht designed, built and purchased?

Back
Top Bottom