• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sen. John Kerry skips town on sails tax

What makes this esp. ironic is that he gave a speech in the Senate supporting a tax increase bill saying he didn't pay enough in taxes.

We don't care because this is something that every rich person in history has done. You only care because there's a (D) next to the name of the guy doing it.

Raging about other people's lack of raging is just... silly.

If it was someone I knew, I might say "smart move" but this is someone who votes for higher taxes then manages to weasle out of them. Oh well, there are lots of Dems who outright cheat on their taxes.

He didn't legally have to pay the tax. Personally, I think loopholes like this should be closed, but until they are, these stories aren't exactly newsworthy.

But thanks for assigning a bunch of opinions to me. It's so much easier when you just tell me what I think.

He's a Liberal, tax and spend Democrat; the cats you support.

Where was the yacht designed, built and purchased?

Isabel - Kerry’s luxe, 76-foot New Zealand-built Friendship sloop with an Edwardian-style, glossy varnished teak interior, two VIP main cabins and a pilothouse fitted with a wet bar and cold wine storage - was designed by Rhode Island boat designer Ted Fontaine.

Isn't Kerry the same cat that opted to raise the heavy road use tax?

Hey, Kerry found a legal way not to pay taxes... Good on him. I support such actions.

HOWEVER, being who, and what he is... the hypocrisy of the moment is just too... sweet to pass up mocking him over.

I wouldn't have a problem with it if it wasn't someone who is trying to levy taxes on the unwashed masses that they can't hope to avoid...

No Ted, just Thurston Howell the third sounding hypocrite who give pretty speeches about the importance of raising taxes on the rich while avoiding paying those taxes himself. You get the hypocrisy...surely. What he is really saying is texes are important and it is important to take care of the crippled and dependent pets we have created...just...not with MY ****...

There's a significant difference between avoiding paying taxes and not paying taxes you don't have to pay.

In other words, are you accusing Kerry of not paying taxes, or simply of being seen not paying one particular tax?

Back
Top Bottom