• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sen. Hirono: Democrats Have a Hard Time "Connecting" With People Because Of "How Smart We Are"

Grokmaster

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Sen. Hirono: Democrats Have a Hard Time "Connecting" With People Because Of "How Smart We Are"

Got arrogance? Well, she certainly seems to be right about democrat voters, who just seated an Iranian agent, among other outrages, in the US House.

Sen. Mazie Hirono (D-HI) said Democrats have a difficult time "connecting" with voters because of "how smart we are" that "we know so much." Hirono was interviewed by journalist Dahlia Lithwick at the 'Bend Towards Justice' conference in Washington, D.C. on Tuesday.

"We have a really hard time doing that," Hirono lamented, "and one of the reasons it was told to me at one of our retreats was that we Democrats know so much, that is true. And we have kind of have to tell everyone how smart we are and so we have a tendency to be very left brain."

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v..._with_people_because_of_how_smart_we_are.html

Cannot make this **** up.....

Re: Sen. Hirono: Democrats Have a Hard Time "Connecting" With People Because Of "How Smart We Are"

Got arrogance? Well, she certainly seems to be right about democrat voters, who just seated an Iranian agent, among other outrages, in the US House.

Sen. Mazie Hirono (D-HI) said Democrats have a difficult time "connecting" with voters because of "how smart we are" that "we know so much." Hirono was interviewed by journalist Dahlia Lithwick at the 'Bend Towards Justice' conference in Washington, D.C. on Tuesday.

"We have a really hard time doing that," Hirono lamented, "and one of the reasons it was told to me at one of our retreats was that we Democrats know so much, that is true. And we have kind of have to tell everyone how smart we are and so we have a tendency to be very left brain."

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v..._with_people_because_of_how_smart_we_are.html

"If you dont agree with me I will take that as proof that you are stupid" has become very very common this deep into this New Dark Age.

Just look at how folks behave at DP for demonstration.

Re: Sen. Hirono: Democrats Have a Hard Time "Connecting" With People Because Of "How Smart We Are"

Exhibits ”A” & “B”.^^^^^^^

They were so smart none of them saw 2016 coming.

We overestimated the average intelligence of American voters. We were surprised that they couldn't see through a con man. I'm still shocked by how gullible Trump supporters are. How many times does a man have to lie to you before you s top believing him?

Who is an Iranian agent?

We overestimated the average intelligence of American voters. We were surprised that they couldn't see through a con man. I'm still shocked by how gullible Trump supporters are. How many times does a man have to lie to you before you s top believing him?

If folks stopped voting for lying politicians then we would essentially have a new government. Trump was more honest than many when he stated flat out that his plan was to tax less and spend more.

"If you dont agree with me I will take that as proof that you are stupid" has become very very common this deep into this New Dark Age.

Just look at how folks behave at DP for demonstration.

Haven't you regularly been on about how awesome you are because you can "access higher hierarchies" that the poster you are criticizing allegedly cannot? That you know more than "failed intelligistas"?

(not that that phrases like "access higher hierarchies" mean any more than one of those MELLON MY QUASAR GIBLETS! outbursts you tend to make..... )

And exhibit C...:roll:

Not all of us overestimated it......

And bear in mind, Hillary still would have won if she'd made even a half-assed effort in the flip states she assumed would go for her because they went for Obama, in which she lost by thousands or a few tens of thousands of votes. Or if she wasn't so unlikeable.

You'd think the fact that he's mostly a business failure (many times over) who was saved by NBC and made a TV star (after repeatedly pissing away every other gift from daddy), and it was always a lie, he's never been a succcess, or very rich, all smoke and mirrors, proved many times over and they STILL can't "grok" it.:roll::lamo:2rofll:

If folks stopped voting for lying politicians then we would essentially have a new government. Trump was more honest than many when he stated flat out that his plan was to tax less and spend more.

STEM is not the rank and file’s strong suit. Have you seen what passes for popular “entertainment,” these days?

Last edited:

Well yeah, it's probably pretty hard to connect to a nut who thinks Obama was a Muslim communist dictator.

Haven't you regularly been on about how awesome you are because you can "access higher hierarchies" that the poster you are criticizing allegedly cannot? That you know more than "failed intelligistas"?

(not that that phrases like "access higher hierarchies" mean any more than one of those MELLON MY QUASAR GIBLETS! outbursts you tend to make..... )

Make statements if you want my attention.

Make statements if you want my attention.

:lamo

STEM is not the rank and files strong suit. Have you seen what passes for popular “entertainment,” these days?

When the opposition candidate boldly declares (half of?) them to be deplorable then it tends to cause more of them to cast their vote for the guy promising to MAGA. When trying to solicit the votes of the less bright (or even to have them just stay home), it is best not to remind them that you think that they are less bright. It takes a special kind of sage and experienced candidate to lose to a reality TV star who has never held public office - we saw that with 16 republicants in the primary (stealing votes mainly from each other yet refusing to drop out) and, of course, the demorat nominee in the general.

Well, you can't blame him for that. All Republicans tax less and spend more. It should just be their moto.

But all politicians don't lie like Trump. Most politicians couldn't survive if they lied like Trump. Trump gets away with it because he's a charismatic cult leader. Again, I'm not trying to insult him. It's not easy being a cult leader. It takes a great deal of talent. He's a gifted con man. But it's totally false to claim that all politicians like in the same way Trump lies.

Example: Trump says he gave the military a 10% pay raise. That lie alone would be a massive scandal for most politicians. It doesn't hurt Trump because the only people who still approve of him are those who are caught up in his personality cult.

Other leaders with personality cults:

Hitler
Mousilini

Modern examples:
Duterte
Putin
Chavez
Castro

You know it's a personality cult when their leader can do no wrong. Putin is the biggest liar and crook you can imagine. Dead political opponents everywhere. But you hear songs like "A Man Like Putin."

Duterte basically says God doesn't exist in a deeply Catholic country. He survives.

When the opposition candidate boldly declares (half of?) them to be deplorable then it tends to cause more of them to cast their vote for the guy promising to MAGA. When trying to solicit the votes of the less bright (or even to have them just stay home), it is best not to remind them that you think that they are less bright. It takes a special kind of sage and experienced candidate to lose to a reality TV star who has never held public office - we saw that with 16 republicants in the primary (stealing votes mainly from each other yet refusing to drop out) and, of course, the demorat nominee in the general.

No argument from me...

The connected so poorly in 2018 that they won a historic electoral victory by the largest percentage margin in US history when retaking the house.

Well, you can't blame him for that. All Republicans tax less and spend more. It should just be their moto.

But all politicians don't lie like Trump. Most politicians couldn't survive if they lied like Trump. Trump gets away with it because he's a charismatic cult leader. Again, I'm not trying to insult him. It's not easy being a cult leader. It takes a great deal of talent. He's a gifted con man. But it's totally false to claim that all politicians like in the same way Trump lies.

Example: Trump says he gave the military a 10% pay raise. That lie alone would be a massive scandal for most politicians. It doesn't hurt Trump because the only people who still approve of him are those who are caught up in his personality cult.

Other leaders with personality cults:

Hitler
Mousilini

Modern examples:
Duterte
Putin
Chavez
Castro

You know it's a personality cult when their leader can do no wrong. Putin is the biggest liar and crook you can imagine. Dead political opponents everywhere. But you hear songs like "A Man Like Putin."

Duterte basically says God doesn't exist in a deeply Catholic country. He survives.

I think you are wrong (lying?) with that (bolded above) assertion. From what I can find, Trump boasted about it being 10 years since the military had a pay raise. While also a Trump lie about military pay rasies, you could at least make your examples not be lies when complaining about liars.

You know, you usually make pretty good sense as far as I'm concerned. But I would turn 2016 around. I think the Democrats failed to see how much Hillary Clinton was disliked by America as a whole, independents especially. It's not like the Democrats didn't have any warning, a poll in February of 2016 showed 56% of all Americans wanted the Democrats to nominate someone other than Hillary. Now no one said the Democrats had to listen to America as a whole, it was their 100% right to nominate her. I'm not saying anything differently.

I do have an update on my friend who told me right after the election, We choose the devil we didn't know over the devil we did. No one knew what Trump would do, he was a businessman, not a politician. We choose the devil we didn't know over the one we did, everyone knew exactly how Hillary would govern. We didn't want that, so we took the chance.

Now that he has got to know the devil he didn't know, he thinks its time to get a new devil. Trump has replaced Hillary as the devil we know or knew. I found that interesting. He certainly doesn't care for the devil he once didn't know.

I think you are wrong (lying?) with that (bolded above) assertion. From what I can find, Trump boasted about it being 10 years since the military had a pay raise. While also a Trump lie about military pay rasies, you could at least make your examples not be lies when complaining about liars.

This has been covered ad nauseum; have you not seen this web site?

https://www.federalpay.org/military/raises

He didn't say, "I gave you a 10% pay raise" but he essentially said the same thing.

It's like me saying:

Me: I got you a raise

You: Great.

Me: Yep, they wanted to make it smaller. They said 3%, they said 5%. I said NO, make it 10%!

You: Wow, I got a 10% raise?!

Me: No, what gave you that idea?

They only way that's not a lie is if you disingenuously parse words.

"They had plenty of people that came up, they said, 'You know, we could make it smaller. We could make it 3%, we could make it 2%, we could make it 4%,'" Trump told the troops about the latest pay raise. "I said, 'No. Make it 10%. Make it more than 10%.'"
'Cause it's been a long time, it's been more than 10 years. Been more than 10 years, that's a long time," Trump said, repeating the false claim.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/26/politics/trump-misleads-military-pay-raise-again/index.html

He didn't say, "I gave you a 10% pay raise" but he essentially said the same thing.

It's like me saying:

Me: I got you a raise

You: Great.

Me: Yep, they wanted to make it smaller. They said 3%, they said 5%. I said NO, make it 10%!

You: Wow, I got a 10% raise?!

Me: No, what gave you that idea?

They only way that's not a lie is if you disingenuously parse words.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/26/politics/trump-misleads-military-pay-raise-again/index.html

OK, I can certainly agree that it is hard to parse TrumpSpeak.

You know, you usually make pretty good sense as far as I'm concerned. But I would turn 2016 around. I think the Democrats failed to see how much Hillary Clinton was disliked by America as a whole, independents especially.

You make a valid point. It's not just that Trump supporters were very gullible in supporting Trump, Hillary also wasn't a good candidate. But even if voters thought Hillary was crooked, it was obvious that Trump was far more crooked and dishonest. The man made fun of a disabled man in front of a crowd then lied about it. He's a billionaire who ran Trump U, a scam that took money from ordinary people taking out loans to improve their lives.

I get that Hillary was a deeply flawed candidate but Trump was a joke. And Trump lost educated people overwhelmingly.

Back
Top Bottom