• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sen. Hirono: Democrats Have a Hard Time "Connecting" With People Because Of "How Smart We Are"

Re: Sen. Hirono: Democrats Have a Hard Time "Connecting" With People Because Of "How Smart We Are"

Exhibits ”A” & “B”.^^^^^^^

giphy.gif

Re: Sen. Hirono: Democrats Have a Hard Time "Connecting" With People Because Of "How Smart We Are"

You know, you usually make pretty good sense as far as I'm concerned. But I would turn 2016 around. I think the Democrats failed to see how much Hillary Clinton was disliked by America as a whole, independents especially. It's not like the Democrats didn't have any warning, a poll in February of 2016 showed 56% of all Americans wanted the Democrats to nominate someone other than Hillary. Now no one said the Democrats had to listen to America as a whole, it was their 100% right to nominate her. I'm not saying anything differently.

I do have an update on my friend who told me right after the election, We choose the devil we didn't know over the devil we did. No one knew what Trump would do, he was a businessman, not a politician. We choose the devil we didn't know over the one we did, everyone knew exactly how Hillary would govern. We didn't want that, so we took the chance.

Now that he has got to know the devil he didn't know, he thinks its time to get a new devil. Trump has replaced Hillary as the devil we know or knew. I found that interesting. He certainly doesn't care for the devil he once didn't know.

Yep, that is why impeachment of Trump at the earliest opportunity would be a huge political blunder.

You make a valid point. It's not just that Trump supporters were very gullible in supporting Trump, Hillary also wasn't a good candidate. But even if voters thought Hillary was crooked, it was obvious that Trump was far more crooked and dishonest. The man made fun of a disabled man in front of a crowd then lied about it. He's a billionaire who ran Trump U, a scam that took money from ordinary people taking out loans to improve their lives.

I get that Hillary was a deeply flawed candidate but Trump was a joke. And Trump lost educated people overwhelmingly.

Educated people should have enough common sense not to call less educated people deplorable. If they lack common sense then they should at least be educated enough to know to hire and listen to someone that has it.

We overestimated the average intelligence of American voters. We were surprised that they couldn't see through a con man. I'm still shocked by how gullible Trump supporters are. How many times does a man have to lie to you before you s top believing him?
Or we were so smart we COULD see through the reality show persona, and buffoonish behavior to hear what his plan was and realize it was far superior to Madame Clinton's "more of the same" hogwash.

I think you are wrong (lying?) with that (bolded above) assertion. From what I can find, Trump boasted about it being 10 years since the military had a pay raise. While also a Trump lie about military pay rasies, you could at least make your examples not be lies when complaining about liars.

Why on earth would you ever doubt if someone says Trump lied? They're the only things that ever come out of his mouth.

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a25691987/trump-seal-team-5-visit-troops-pay-raise-lie/

"They had plenty of people that came up, they said, 'You know, we could make it smaller. We could make it 3%, we could make it 2%, we could make it 4%,'" Trump told the troops about the latest pay raise. "I said, 'No. Make it 10%. Make it more than 10%.'"

Why on earth would you ever doubt if someone says Trump lied? They're the only things that ever come out of his mouth.

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a25691987/trump-seal-team-5-visit-troops-pay-raise-lie/

"They had plenty of people that came up, they said, 'You know, we could make it smaller. We could make it 3%, we could make it 2%, we could make it 4%,'" Trump told the troops about the latest pay raise. "I said, 'No. Make it 10%. Make it more than 10%.'"

Yep, Trump has no doubt suggested all kinds of things and told all manner of lies. Of course, we have no idea who he made that alleged suggestion to or who any of those "plenty of people" in Trumps tale were. I am certainly not suggesting that Trump has a strong relationship with the truth or that TrumpSpeak is easy to understand.

Got arrogance? Well, she certainly seems to be right about democrat voters, who just seated an Iranian agent, among other outrages, in the US House.

Sen. Hirono: Democrats Have a Hard Time "Connecting" With People Because Of "How Smart We Are"

Sen. Mazie Hirono (D-HI) said Democrats have a difficult time "connecting" with voters because of "how smart we are" that "we know so much." Hirono was interviewed by journalist Dahlia Lithwick at the 'Bend Towards Justice' conference in Washington, D.C. on Tuesday.

"We have a really hard time doing that," Hirono lamented, "and one of the reasons it was told to me at one of our retreats was that we Democrats know so much, that is true. And we have kind of have to tell everyone how smart we are and so we have a tendency to be very left brain."

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v..._with_people_because_of_how_smart_we_are.html

Cannot make this **** up.....

This lady needs to get a grip and more importantly get herself some help. This is not something she should be putting aside.
How did we ever allow Hawaii to become a state with the nonsense that some of their high profile personalities embrace!

Educated people should have enough common sense not to call less educated people deplorable. If they lack common sense then they should at least be educated enough to know to hire and listen to someone that has it.

To be fair, not all Trump supporters are dumb. Some are ideologues who would vote for anyone who would appoint conservative judges. To them Hillary Clinton might as well be Hugo Chavez. For them everyone who is not on their side is a radical Marxist.

The ideologues + idiots = Trump win

You make a valid point. It's not just that Trump supporters were very gullible in supporting Trump, Hillary also wasn't a good candidate. But even if voters thought Hillary was crooked, it was obvious that Trump was far more crooked and dishonest. The man made fun of a disabled man in front of a crowd then lied about it. He's a billionaire who ran Trump U, a scam that took money from ordinary people taking out loans to improve their lives.

I get that Hillary was a deeply flawed candidate but Trump was a joke. And Trump lost educated people overwhelmingly.

I agree with what you say. Now there's an old adage in politics, "Candidates Matter." Elections for the most part are nothing more than beauty contests. Usually the candidate with the most charisma wins. Obama had charisma, McCain and Romney didn't. Bush Jr. didn't have much, but more than either the statue Gore and John Kerry. Bill Clinton had charisma all over Bush Sr. and Bob Dole. Bush Sr. and Dukakis, neither had charisma. Reagan had it in tons over Carter and Mondale. I don't think I would classify Trump as charismatic, but he knew how to excite folks. Hillary didn't.

As for education, college grads, Clinton won them 49-44, Romney won them 51-47 over Obama, Obama won them over McCain 50-48, but from 1988 through 2004, the Republican candidate won college grads.

https://www.cnn.com/election/2016/results/exit-polls

https://www.nytimes.com/elections/2008/results/president/national-exit-polls.html

Sure, HS or less went to Trump 51-46, Obama won them 52-47 over Romney, for the rest drop down to education on my second link.

The weirdest stat as you can see, Democrats won all HS or less and at the same time won post grads from 1992 until 2016 when Trump broke the HS or less run by the Democrats. That has to be one of the strangest stats. Basically no education along with those with the highest education available voting the same. Makes one say HMM!

Hillary blew it, Trump didn't win it, at least that is my opinion. When Trump said our POW's were bad soldiers because they got caught, that was enough for me to throw him out the window. I may support him on some issues, but never the man and I'll never vote for him.

To be fair, not all Trump supporters are dumb. Some are ideologues who would vote for anyone who would appoint conservative judges. To them Hillary Clinton might as well be Hugo Chavez. For them everyone who is not on their side is a radical Marxist.

The ideologues + idiots = Trump win

That supports my point perfectly. Hillary had no chance of winning over any ideologues who wanted conservative SCOTUS appointments, that left only a (small?) share "idiots" to win over. Why would an allegedly educated person not be able to accomplish that (seemingly easy?) campaign task? The last thing that would help to accomplish that task is to announce that she thought (half of?) Trump supporters to be deplorable. Being "idiots" many of these folks may have decided (since even "idiots" are capable of making decisions) that they were among (the half of?) those that Hillary found to be deplorable.

We overestimated the average intelligence of American voters. We were surprised that they couldn't see through a con man. I'm still shocked by how gullible Trump supporters are. How many times does a man have to lie to you before you s top believing him?

And there we have it; leftists are just "too smart" for the rest of us.

They ACTUALLY BELIEVE THAT.

good fellas laugh.jpg

Who is an Iranian agent?

The pro-Islamist from Michiganistan.

That was what he said t CONGRESS. It =/= "you got a 10% raise".

You'd think the slkef-declared " GENIUSES" of the left l would have a better grasp of the language than that.

Like saying THIS BRICK and STEEL BARRIER is something besides a "wall" = WORD DANCING:

Obama home.jpg

You'd think the slkef-declared " GENIUSES" of the left l would have a better grasp of the language than that.

Like saying THIS BRICK and STEEL BARRIER is something besides a "wall" = WORD DANCING:

View attachment 67247319

A. Irrelevant where he said it.
B. Thanks for admitting the other day that there is no 10' wall around Obama's residence, the wall that is there he didn't have built and that you were dishonest about it.

Oh, and before I forget.....

GettyImages_1076656424_toned.0.jpg

That supports my point perfectly. Hillary had no chance of winning over any ideologues who wanted conservative SCOTUS appointments, that left only a (small?) share "idiots" to win over. Why would an allegedly educated person not be able to accomplish that (seemingly easy?) campaign task? The last thing that would help to accomplish that task is to announce that she thought (half of?) Trump supporters to be deplorable. Being "idiots" many of these folks may have decided (since even "idiots" are capable of making decisions) that they were among (the half of?) those that Hillary found to be deplorable.

Even though it's true that half of Trump supporters are "deplorables" she probably shouldn't have said that.

I would say half of Trump supporters fall into one those deplorable categories: racist, sexist, Islamaphobe, xenophobes or homophobic. Almost the entire Christian Right is homophobic + Islamaphobic.

But I agree, it didn't help matters to openly say that.

B. Thanks for admitting the other day that there is no 10' wall around Obama's residence, the wall that is there he didn't have built and that you were dishonest about it.

View attachment 67247320

Obama tear down your wall.

The pro-Islamist from Michiganistan.

Thanks for proving Hirono right again.

View attachment 67247320

What's "relevant" is you continuing to LIE about what Pres.Trump said...contradicting YOUR OWN QUOTES, just like you DISPUTE THE OBVIOUS in the pic of the Obama Home BRICK and STEEL BARRIER.

Of course. The 8-10 BRICK and STEEL BARRIER, is really a "Welcome Mat". Call it whatever silliass thing you want to...we can ALL SEE WHAT IT IS, and WHAT IT'S PURPOSE IS...JUST LIKE THESE:

Dems walls at million dollar homes.jpg

eyes crossed puppet.jpg

And, as far as your desperate attempt to pretend Pelosi will do anything....

Welcome to the greatest vote getter for the GOP IN HISTORY...Pelosi.

Two years of her BULL**** to remind Americans why they through her TF out in the first place, ought to do the trick.

Last edited:

Of course. The 8-10 BRICK and STEEL BARRIER, is really a "Welcome Mat".

Two years of her BULL**** to remind Americans why they through her TF out in the first place, ought to do the trick.

Again, thanks for eating your own words and admitting there is no 10' wall there and that Obama didn't build one.

That, and the dems were elected by the greatest margin in US history, against gerrymandered districts, w/people fully aware that Pelosi was going to most likely be the speaker and to oppose Donnie Twumpie's policies.

It's delicious how much pain that causes you.

GettyImages_1076656424_toned.0.jpg

It's just a fact...

Education, Not Income, Predicted Who Would Vote For Trump

Trump was a terrible choice. The only reasons to vote for Trump were:

1. Stupidity

2. Ideologue who thinks Hillary is Hugo Chavez

Yeah, Leftist edicated: English majors, sociologists, GAIA psychologists, as opposed to ENGINEERS MEDICAL DOCTORS, CHEMICAL ENGINEERS, ELECTRICAL ENGINEERS, NUCLEAR ENGINEERS....MBAs, etc.

"slkef" The comedy writes itself.

Yeah, Leftist edicated: English majors, sociologists, GAIA psychologists, as opposed to ENGINEERS MEDICAL DOCTORS, CHEMICAL ENGINEERS, ELECTRICAL ENGINEERS, NUCLEAR ENGINEERS....MBAs, etc.

"Leftist edicted"

COMEDY FREAKING GOLD

lol

I'm an engineer. We all laugh at Trump at work. Normally we don't talk about politics. But Trump is such a joke people can openly mock him at work.

Show me a link where engineers and scientists support Trump. Didn't Trump say that scientist have a "political agenda"?

What's "relevant" is you continuing to LIE about what Pres.Trump said...contradicting YOUR OWN QUOTES, just like you DISPUTE THE OBVIOUS in the pic of the Obama Home BRICK and STEEL BARRIER.

Of course. The 8-10 BRICK and STEEL BARRIER, is really a "Welcome Mat". Call it whatever silliass thing you want to...we can ALL SEE WHAT IT IS, and WHAT IT'S PURPOSE IS...JUST LIKE THESE:

And, as far as your desperate attempt to pretend Pelosi will do anything....

Hey Grok, tell me again how Melania is the ONLY first lady to visit a war zone since 1969?

Comedy gold...

Back
Top Bottom