• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sen. Amy Klobuchar says she'll unveil 2020 decision on Sunday

HumblePi

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
This Sunday, at a live event in Minnesota, Senator Amy Klobuchar is going to announce that she's running for president. I'm extremely happy about this and have been hoping she would make this decision. I've been a great fan of hers for a lot time. She's extremely educated, intelligent, logical, kind and she doesn't have some of those irritating personalities like some of the others do. She's just an all-around great patriot and dedicated to doing the right thing for the country in a bipartisan way. She's authentic and honest. It's going to be very interesting to watch the first debates.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/20...ys-she-ll-unveil-2020-decision-sunday-n968171

Minnesota Democratic Sen. Amy Klobuchar Tuesday night said she will announce whether she is running for president in 2020 during an event this coming Sunday.

In an interview with Rachel Maddow on MSNBC following President Donald Trump's State of the Union address, Klobuchar invited supporters to Minneapolis to hear her decision.

"Sunday, come to Boom Island in Minneapolis," Klobuchar said, smiling. "It's going to be a little cold, 20 degrees. Wear warm clothes ... Then you'll find out my decision."

I suspect this will be a wasted effort and she will not be able to crack the upper tier. But good luck to her just the same.

DOA. Klobuchar and everyone else in the DNC needs to let Bernie take the reins.

Or potentially Beto. Sanders is getting way up in age and that will hinder him in some places. Too many females will cancel each other out. Beto? If he doesnt come out and act strange he is most likely to win the primaries. He gets a lot of college kids on his side.

I suspect this will be a wasted effort and she will not be able to crack the upper tier. But good luck to her just the same.

I don't know she made a very good name for herself during the Kavanaugh proceedings and I think she's someone that a lot of Democrats could get behind. She may not have the immediate name recognition in some circles, but she also doesn't have the baggage. The first primary is right next door in Iowa. If she does well there she could quickly become a front runner.

This Sunday, at a live event in Minnesota, Senator Amy Klobuchar is going to announce that she's running for president. I'm extremely happy about this and have been hoping she would make this decision. I've been a great fan of hers for a lot time. She's extremely educated, intelligent, logical, kind and she doesn't have some of those irritating personalities like some of the others do. She's just an all-around great patriot and dedicated to doing the right thing for the country in a bipartisan way. She's authentic and honest. It's going to be very interesting to watch the first debates.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/20...ys-she-ll-unveil-2020-decision-sunday-n968171

Minnesota Democratic Sen. Amy Klobuchar Tuesday night said she will announce whether she is running for president in 2020 during an event this coming Sunday.

In an interview with Rachel Maddow on MSNBC following President Donald Trump's State of the Union address, Klobuchar invited supporters to Minneapolis to hear her decision.

"Sunday, come to Boom Island in Minneapolis," Klobuchar said, smiling. "It's going to be a little cold, 20 degrees. Wear warm clothes ... Then you'll find out my decision."

What is an Amy Klobuchar?

My uncle Saul may announce too. Let's all assemble at "Suds" where he spends most his time "hydrating."

I don't know she made a very good name for herself during the Kavanaugh proceedings and I think she's someone that a lot of Democrats could get behind. She may not have the immediate name recognition in some circles, but she also doesn't have the baggage. The first primary is right next door in Iowa. If she does well there she could quickly become a front runner.

I definitely think if she could win the primary she would win the general. Same for Sherrod Brown. But usually primaries dont work that way. They want the bold, outgoing future star. The ones most likely to win the general and get huge amounts of indie and red state votes wont win the primary.

I don't know it's looking more and more like Bernie might have missed his window. A lot of the people that backed Bernie over Hillary are seeing more younger fresher faces out there to choose from. Last go around it was basically Bernie or Hillary and then nothing. The binary choice helped Bernie, but with Warren in the race already and a number of other choices with more moderate credibility, it's going to be more difficult for Bernie this go around.

I don't know it's looking more and more like Bernie might have missed his window. A lot of the people that backed Bernie over Hillary are seeing more younger fresher faces out there to choose from. Last go around it was basically Bernie or Hillary and then nothing. The binary choice helped Bernie, but with Warren in the race already and a number of other choices with more moderate credibility, it's going to be more difficult for Bernie this go around.

Warren just hurt herself immensely with the news this morning about her Texas Bar application. Even here in New England news is saying she is done before she even got started. Problem with Bernie is he will hit that wall again. He can only get so much support. Then he has a hard time getting those supporters to switch over to who does win. He is a God to his followers. People around here have had Bernie 2020 stickers on their cars since Nov 2016. The only way I see him breaking through is if AOC comes out and endorses him and attends rallies with him. She has millions of followers.

The list of people the came out of Iowa as frontrunners is a list of also rans. I just think she lacks charisma and comes off sort of bland and frumpy. I also think she was far too quick to turn on her fellow Senator - Al Franken and there is a lot of resentment about that that goes unsaid but is there just the same.

What is an Amy Klobuchar?

My uncle Saul may announce too. Let's all assemble at "Suds" where he spends most his time "hydrating."

You don't really pay much attention to what's happening in politics then do you?

Warren just hurt herself immensely with the news this morning about her Texas Bar application. Even here in New England news is saying she is done before she even got started. Problem with Bernie is he will hit that wall again. He can only get so much support. Then he has a hard time getting those supporters to switch over to who does win. He is a God to his followers. People around here have had Bernie 2020 stickers on their cars since Nov 2016. The only way I see him breaking through is if AOC comes out and endorses him and attends rallies with him. She has millions of followers.

If this about Warren and Texas is true - it does indeed hurt her. I agree that Sanders has a limited upside but in a dozen person field - his limited upside could put him in the top three a few months into the primary season.

I still think that Robert Francis O'Rourke is the real person to steal this nomination and would be a welcome fresh face on the national scene who could really take it to Trump day after day after day in the general election.

You don't really pay much attention to what's happening in politics then do you?

LOL, I guess I don't know all 1,000 Dems looking to run for President.

I really should pay attention to the specify of Minnesota more.

Glad we have someone who knows all the dregs on the Dems here. Maybe get yourself a badge, you'll feel so proud.

The list of people the came out of Iowa as frontrunners is a list of also rans. I just think she lacks charisma and comes off sort of bland and frumpy. I also think she was far too quick to turn on her fellow Senator - Al Franken and there is a lot of resentment about that that goes unsaid but is there just the same.

She's got the Mid-West attitude. She's the daughter of a teacher mother and sports writer/columnist father who was an alcoholic. She came from the roots of middle America. Her personality is serious at times but she's also very personable and forthright. She comes off as very 'proper' and you get the impression she probably got soap in her mouth as a kid if she ever cursed, because as an adult, she's respectful to others and mannerly.

She's the Senior Senator at the Brett Kavanaugh hearing that was insulted by him. She's such an honorable woman. I've seen her many times in debate and she comes to the debates equipped with facts not innuendo or misstatements. I have worked on many political campaigns in my lifetime but I committed to Amy Klobuchar months ago that if she decides to run that I will support her in my State by working on behalf of her election campaign.

LOL, I guess I don't know all 1,000 Dems looking to run for President.

I really should pay attention to the specify of Minnesota more.

Glad we have someone who knows all the dregs on the Dems here. Maybe get yourself a badge, you'll feel so proud.

That's funny, because during the last election debates, I paid attention to every one of the Republican debates and knew each and every one of those candidates. No, I don't feel any sense of pride in myself for being informed. It's just how it is with me. If I'm going to involve myself in politics, which I have, then I need to stay abreast of what's happening including who's running for President.

OMG, what a ****in' disaster that would be. He's as bad a Pocahontas.

That's funny, because during the last election debates, I paid attention to every one of the Republican debates and knew each and every one of those candidates. No, I don't feel any sense of pride in myself for being informed. It's just how it is with me. If I'm going to involve myself in politics, which I have, then I need to stay abreast of what's happening including who's running for President.

I am gonna get you a big badge!

God bless.

If this about Warren and Texas is true - it does indeed hurt her. I agree that Sanders has a limited upside but in a dozen person field - his limited upside could put him in the top three a few months into the primary season.

I still think that Robert Francis O'Rourke is the real person to steal this nomination and would be a welcome fresh face on the national scene who could really take it to Trump day after day after day in the general election.

Yea Beto has that "secret sauce" that we cant quite put a finger on. Its that something people saw in Obama in 2004. You just can see it. I have already seen Beto signs up here in yards and he hasnt even announced! People are making their own. As I have said, if he runs, he wins. I also think if he wins the primaries, it will prevent a Howard Schultz from running as an indie. If Sanders were to win, I bet Schultz would run as an indie moderate. It could help Trump. I also think there are some out there who already are poo pooing Beto because he isnt female. But I dont see that hurting him. He will need to choose a very experienced running mate though like Obama did to weigh out his own inexperience.

Why would the DNC do that? Bernie’s not a Democrat.

They wouldnt risk him running as an indie or Green. Besides he is friends with the head of the DNC. If he wants they will let him..again.

Bernie isn't a Democrat, so why should they?

I get it, I voted for Bernie, too. But he refuses to join their party, and the Dems should be led by one of their own.

Meh. That's what I'm feeling right now.

Me, too. I really like Klobuchar, she's just the sort of nerdy, hard-working candidate I prefer. But it seems that, more and more, a candidate has to be exciting in order to get past the first few primaries. I don't want someone exciting, I want some slow news days.

Hint, if you want to fancy yourself "involved" you may want to change your avatar.

Between these posts and your avatar you do not come off as you wish your self image to be.

Back
Top Bottom