• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sell Towed Trucks To Pay Down Costs Of Policing Convoy Protest, Ottawa Mayor Suggests

Liberal7360

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
The mayor of Ottawa wants to find out of he can sell some of the trucks that were towed to pay for some of the costs that the truckers are forcing on the taxpayers of Ottawa.

I don't blame the mayor. Estimates are that it's costing a million dollars a day.

I would like to see a boycott to deliver anything by truck into Canada from the truckers.

Do you understand that a person needs to be vaccinated to be able to do what you want to see happen?

These truckers aren't vaccinated so they can't come to America to boycott delivering anything to Canada from the US.

Do you understand that Ottawa is in Canada, a different nation from the US, the truckers are Canadian and not US citizens?

You might want to do some reading about this subject.

Do you understand that a person needs to be vaccinated to be able to do what you want to see happen?

These truckers aren't vaccinated so they can't come to America to boycott delivering anything to Canada from the US.

Do you understand that Ottawa is in Canada, a different nation from the US, the truckers are Canadian and not US citizens?

Or have fun watching you go off the chain

My point is all truckers should stop trucking. Let Trudeau figure out how to get the products delivered.

The mayor of Ottawa wants to find out of he can sell some of the trucks that were towed to pay for some of the costs that the truckers are forcing on the taxpayers of Ottawa.

I don't blame the mayor. Estimates are that it's costing a million dollars a day.

They could just charge some large fines to get them outta impound. Like $100.00 per pound per day.

My point is all truckers should stop trucking. Let Trudeau figure out how to get the products delivered.
All trucker should be offended by the punishment meted out to a tiny fringe group they disagreed with anyway?

Why?

100 % of truckers hauling internationally are vaccinated and continue to do their jobs. 100% of Trucking Associations in Canada and many in the US do not support the action of the small minority of truckers responsible for the unlawful occupation.

I would like to see a boycott to deliver anything by truck into Canada from the truckers.
The problem with that is there was only a very small number of truckers who were actually involved in the Canadian protests.
A boycott would do little.

Sure..... why don't you lobby to take the property of every American protester while you're at it.

You could every provide free room and board at your house. :ROFLMAO:

How are the truckers going to pay if their bank accounts have been frozen?

I was just watching the EA debate and a man spoke about the wife of one of the truckers (he was part of the protests, she wasn't) went to buy groceries for her and their baby. Her bank account and credit cards were all frozen.

I certainly don't see how making these protesters unemployed and broke solves anything. Fine them, okay. Destroy them into being dependent on government aid is counter productive imo.

Ah yes, asset forfeiture. Yet another regressive idea that has absolutely no startling history of abuse. Of course people would jump on that idea.

I was just watching the EA debate and a man spoke about the wife of one of the truckers (he was part of the protests, she wasn't) went to buy groceries for her and their baby. Her bank account and credit cards were all frozen.

I certainly don't see how making these protesters unemployed and broke solves anything. Fine them, okay. Destroy them into being dependent on government aid is counter productive imo.
What are you watching it on? I was unaware that the debate was open to public comment. I thought it was a Parlimaentry debate or maybe you are saying a House member shared this story. Would appreciate more info.

Everyone needs to know this is how liberals will punish their political opponents without trial.

Confiscate and sell their property, freeze bank accounts, arrest and imprison, destroy lives, dox online supporters.

These are fascists and authoritarian behaviors that will spill over into our country. It's coming.

What are you watching it on? I was unaware that the debate was open to public comment. I thought it was a Parlimaentry debate or maybe you are saying a House member shared this story. Would appreciate more info.

I posted the link on the EA poll thread, I don't have it up ATM, and yes it was a house member. I couldn't find a normal link online, so it's a YT channel streaming it.

Thanks, I thought it must be a House Member will be interested in finding out which one. My bet is a Conservative from Alberta 😉

Update on the woman from the horse incident, and also an incident that happened last night that involved projectiles as the crowd on Sparks and Banks street.

"At approximately 5:14 p.m. (Friday), there was an interaction between a Toronto Police Service officer on a horse and a 49-year-old woman on Rideau Street and Mackenzie Avenue. The woman has a reported serious injury," the SIU said.

The woman was the subject of a debunked online rumour that she had been killed in the interaction. Both the Ottawa Police Service and Ottawa paramedics confirmed no one had died, and the woman's family members also said she is alive and is recovering from a broken clavicle.

Sure..... why don't you lobby to take the property of every American protester while you're at it.

You could every provide free room and board at your house. :ROFLMAO:

Did you know that Canada is different nation from the USA?

They have different laws from laws in the USA.

If you want to pass a law like the one in Canada go for it but right now, there is no such law in the USA.

If you have a problem with the laws in Canada, take it to the politicians of that nation.

Not me.

Did you know that Canada is different nation from the USA?

They have different laws from laws in the USA.

If you want to pass a law like the one in Canada go for it but right now, there is no such law in the USA.

If you have a problem with the laws in Canada, take it to the politicians of that nation.

Not me.

Yup...different country. I stay out of Canada's business, but I also find it funny when American liberals like yourself inject themselves into what punishment Canada hands out.

Hypocrite much?

Yep........you would be the first in line to whine about US protesters forfeiting property to pay.

Anything else to whine about today?

I thought only 10% of the truckers were not vaccinated. Is Canada your country of origin? If so, your country has an 83% vaccination rate. The truckers are mostly against mandates for their families and themselves despite the majority having already been vaccinated. When the hell is Canada going to get back to normal? You're not going to get 100% vaccination rate. In fact, it's unnecessary as Cananda is no longer in a pandemic phase. It's the extreme conditions the government has placed upon them and their families that they are protesting. And they have every right to their legal protests.

:eek:

When people have nothing left to lose is when they become the most dangerous. The left is asking for a fight but im not sure they are prepared for the stakes they are setting.

The destroy at all costs attitude is going to esculate the war to a level everyone will regret.

Back
Top Bottom