• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Self-labeled ‘Christian counterpart of Osama bin Laden’ allegedly planned clinic bomb

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Self-labeled ‘Christian counterpart of Osama bin Laden’ allegedly planned clinic bombing

A man who compared himself to a Christian version of terrorist leader Osama bin Laden was in jail Saturday after being arrested for allegedly helping plot an attack against an abortion provider, according to published reports.

An affidavit filed by agents with the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) cited a Facebook page registered to Justin Carl Moose, 26, of Concord, North Carolina. Moose allegedly aided a police informant who he believed was set on destroying a Planned Parenthood clinic. According to the documents, he used Facebook to communicate detailed bomb-making instructions.

Do I blame Christians for this? Of course not. I don't blame Muslims for 911 either. Christians are not terrorists, and neither are Muslims. Only assholes are, and this guy does not represent Christianity any more than bin Laden represents Islam. Both men are terrorist scum.

Article is here.

Re: Self-labeled ‘Christian counterpart of Osama bin Laden’ allegedly planned clinic

Self-labeled ‘Christian counterpart of Osama bin Laden’ allegedly planned clinic bombing

Do I blame Christians for this? Of course not. I don't blame Muslims for 911 either. Christians are not terrorists, and neither are Muslims. Only assholes are, and this guy does not represent Christianity any more than bin Laden represents Islam. Both men are terrorist scum.

Article is here.
He is a sorry excuse for an equivalent,

posting what he was going to do on facebook without doing so from hiding makes him one of the dumbest potential terrorists around

Re: Self-labeled ‘Christian counterpart of Osama bin Laden’ allegedly planned clinic

There are nuts on both sides of the abortion issue.

Aug 31, 2010 . A man was arrested Saturday, August 28, ... NM, after he threatened to shoot two pro-life women who were offering ... powerful ad targeting Planned Parenthood telemed abortions:
Man arrested for threat to gun down pro-lifers at late-term abortion clinic :: :: ProLifeBlogs
Death threats against pro-lifers have been viewed with greater concern in the wake of the shooting death of activist Jim Pouillon of Owosso, MI, who was gunned down last year as he held a pro-life sign outside a local high school. The killer admitted that he murdered Pouillon because he did not agree with his public abortion protests.
Shaver told OR that he has been threatened a number of times since he has been in Albuquerque, but the police never responded in the way they did on Saturday.

There are nuts on both sides of the abortion issue.

Aug 31, 2010 . A man was arrested Saturday, August 28, ... NM, after he threatened to shoot two pro-life women who were offering ... powerful ad targeting Planned Parenthood telemed abortions:
Man arrested for threat to gun down pro-lifers at late-term abortion clinic :: :: ProLifeBlogs
Death threats against pro-lifers have been viewed with greater concern in the wake of the shooting death of activist Jim Pouillon of Owosso, MI, who was gunned down last year as he held a pro-life sign outside a local high school. The killer admitted that he murdered Pouillon because he did not agree with his public abortion protests.
Shaver told OR that he has been threatened a number of times since he has been in Albuquerque, but the police never responded in the way they did on Saturday.
It's not an issue to sane people unless...

1. Late term abortion is being done in non-life threatening situations (and how often does this happen? not that it should ever be legal). Early term abortion (aborting a microscopic cell) and emergency late-term abortions aren't an issue to anyone other than brainwashed cult fanatics, like the terrorist piece of **** mentioned here.

Apparently he isn't the counterpart. I do not believe bin Laden needed to use Facebook in order to do any of his attacks. Anyways good news to hear he was caught.

Apparently he isn't the counterpart. I do not believe bin Laden needed to use Facebook in order to do any of his attacks. Anyways good news to hear he was caught.
I think it's creepy that these radical Christers actually ADMIRE the likes of Osama, enough to positively identify with him. It makes me think that they really have more in common with the fundamentalist Islamist child rapists and terrorists than they do with real Americans. As far as I'm concerned, they're traitors and should be considered on the same level as pedophiles and the KKK.

I'm not speaking about Christianity as a whole - most Christians are good, down-to-earth Americans. But these culitst scum are the worst dreck of society there are, on the same level as pedophiles and thrill killers like Jeffry Dahmer. They're pure antisocial psycophathic subhaman lowlives who should be dragged into the streets and gunned down in cold blood.

Last edited:

I think it's creepy that these radical Christers actually ADMIRE the likes of Osama, enough to positively identify with him. It makes me think that they really have more in common with the fundamentalist Islamist child rapists and terrorists than they do with real Americans. As far as I'm concerned, they're traitors and should be considered on the same level as pedophiles and the KKK.

I'm not speaking about Christianity as a whole - most Christians are good, down-to-earth Americans. But these culitst scum are the worst dreck of society there are, on the same level as pedophiles and thrill killers like Jeffry Dahmer. They're pure antisocial psycophathic subhaman lowlives.

I look at them all the same way. There are crazy nuts that are pretty much useless to society. I just want to take all of these asses and all of the political pundits and put them on an island and live together. Thereby the rest of the same world can go on living in peace.

Article is here.

Then, why is it that we create 10 terrorists, for every one that we kill?

Wonderful news to hear he's arrested. This is what happens when people take extremely old words and twist them to justify their purposes and using the religion to make their mind accept the acts it wishes to do. Christians aren't responsible for this, but the religion played a part in it.

Moose seemed to know he was being watched by federal agents. On August 23rd, he made a post on his Facebook which seemed to be pointed to the government.

"To all the feds watching me: You can't stop what is in motion. Even if you bring me in, my men will continue their mission. Furthermore, I will not go peacefully. Do you really want another Waco?"

On Saturday, the complaint states that Moose met with a confidential source in person that he'd become acquainted with on Facebook. Investigators say the two men met at the TGI Fridays restaurant on Concord Mills Boulevard.

TGI Fridays: Now a staging ground for abortion terrorism in addition to colon terrorism.

Wonderful news to hear he's arrested. This is what happens when people take extremely old words and twist them to justify their purposes and using the religion to make their mind accept the acts it wishes to do. Christians aren't responsible for this, but the religion played a part in it.

I disagree. The Christian religion played no part in this at all. The nutter who was planning the bombing is 100% responsible for his actions.

Last edited:

I disagree. The Christian religion played no part in this at all. The nutter who was planning the bombing is 100% responsible for his actions.

So he didn't justify his actions through believing it was correct based on his beliefs regarding Christianity and the bible?

Notice you said it played no part in it.

I don't believe the religion played a part in it. The religion itself is about peace. This is the problem that I have with any religion. People interpret them for their own self-serving interests. This is why assholes flew planes into the TWC, and this is also why this asshole was planning to bomb a clinic. But this does not reflect on the religions at all. Jesus never said kill those you disagree with.

I don't believe the religion played a part in it. The religion itself is about peace. This is the problem that I have with any religion. People interpret them for their own self-serving interests. This is why assholes flew planes into the TWC, and this is also why this asshole was planning to bomb a clinic. But this does not reflect on the religions at all. Jesus never said kill those you disagree with.

Jesus, and more specifically those repeating his words, stated things. People interprite said things. There are MANY things that Jesus did not SPECIFICALLY say that people interprite from the bible, both good and bad. This isn't unique to the bible, this is the case in just about anything.

The issue is your desire to ignore reality in fear that by admitting reality you give comfort and aid to those that exaggerate reality.

It is incorrect, factually, to say religion played NO part in this. When a man is clearly stating his reasoning and justifications for doing what he does are based on his religion and his belief it is impossible to say his religion had "no part" in it.

Now, saying that religion was a part of it, saying that HIS view and beliefs regarding Christianity helped spur his actions, is not saying that "All christians are bombers" or "Christianity CAUSED this" or "All Christians are responsible for this". Yet you seem scared to deal with reality because you think that ignoring the reality of the situation will hinder those that seek to exaggerate about the situation...but in reality you are doing nothing different than they are, save for going in the OTHER direction.

EVERYTHING about religion is interpritation. This persons interpritation has spurred him to justify in his mind that its perfectly okay for him to potentially kill people in terrorist attacks. Now we can hypothesize that he would've found some way to justify it being "okay" for him to do this if he didn't have hi religious views, but that would be nothing more than a guess. The fact is that the justification he used to find a way that his mind was okay with him doing or organizing attrocities like this was based singularly around his religious beliefs and views.

His religion in no way shape or form had "no part" in this. That doesn't mean all of Christianity should be condemned, that doesn't mean his interpritation is the majority intepritation or what Christianity "really is", it doesn't mean all Christians are terrorists. It does however mean that his religion was a part of why this attack happened.

Jesus, and more specifically those repeating his words, stated things. People interprite said things. There are MANY things that Jesus did not SPECIFICALLY say that people interprite from the bible, both good and bad. This isn't unique to the bible, this is the case in just about anything.

The issue is your desire to ignore reality in fear that by admitting reality you give comfort and aid to those that exaggerate reality.

It is incorrect, factually, to say religion played NO part in this. When a man is clearly stating his reasoning and justifications for doing what he does are based on his religion and his belief it is impossible to say his religion had "no part" in it.

Now, saying that religion was a part of it, saying that HIS view and beliefs regarding Christianity helped spur his actions, is not saying that "All christians are bombers" or "Christianity CAUSED this" or "All Christians are responsible for this". Yet you seem scared to deal with reality because you think that ignoring the reality of the situation will hinder those that seek to exaggerate about the situation...but in reality you are doing nothing different than they are, save for going in the OTHER direction.

EVERYTHING about religion is interpritation. This persons interpritation has spurred him to justify in his mind that its perfectly okay for him to potentially kill people in terrorist attacks. Now we can hypothesize that he would've found some way to justify it being "okay" for him to do this if he didn't have hi religious views, but that would be nothing more than a guess. The fact is that the justification he used to find a way that his mind was okay with him doing or organizing attrocities like this was based singularly around his religious beliefs and views.

His religion in no way shape or form had "no part" in this. That doesn't mean all of Christianity should be condemned, that doesn't mean his interpritation is the majority intepritation or what Christianity "really is", it doesn't mean all Christians are terrorists. It does however mean that his religion was a part of why this attack happened.

Ah, I see what's happening here. We are arguing from 2 different angles. LOL. Stating this the way you are stating it now made me see your point. I agree.

Yep, that's I guess one of my issues with this. I see what you're saying at times, or trying to say, that you can't "Blame" the religion. Like saying "Christianity CAUSED this" or "Christianity is to BLAME for this". And I agree with you there, and I agree with you in regards to the Islam thing often as well.

The problem is, so many people who do that then try to be the mirror image of the "[religion] is to blame" crowd by exaggerating in the OTHER direction. Rather than going from "[religion] played a part in this" and ramping it up to "[religion] is to blame" they go from "[religion] isn't to blame" to "[religion] played no part in this". They run off an exaggerate, just exaggerating how little rather than how much the religion was involved in the situation.

Similarly, I think those kind of things hurt THEIR case with people somewhat in the middle on the issue just as much as the other side hurts theirs when they do their exaggeration.

To take it from an example with nothing to do with Religion....

There's been instances where kids have severly injured or killed other kids due to mimicing wrestling rules. Does this mean wrestling is to "Blame" for those deaths. No, wrestling didn't somehow magically cause one kid to do something to another kid. That said, it definitely played a part in it and was something you could say was a "cause". Would the kid possibly have just hurt/killed the other kid in a different way because he's just irresponsible and doesn't care about anothers well being? Perhaps, but we don't know. What we would know is that he saw something being done on TV and that gave him the soundness of mind to be able to do things and tell himself it was okay.

I think often, BECAUSE of the exaggerators on the other side, people get so defensive of the situation that they try and downplay or ignore reality for fear of it giving ammunition to the other side. I think that if you're honest and up front about the issue all together then the reality of it will be seen clearly by those who are honestly looking at the situation and the people that believe the other side would've believed it regardless of whether or not you under exaggerated the situation.

So I get what you were saying Dan, I just think it was coming out in such a way that your words were saying far more than you were perhaps intending or meaning them to.

Yep, that's I guess one of my issues with this. I see what you're saying at times, or trying to say, that you can't "Blame" the religion. Like saying "Christianity CAUSED this" or "Christianity is to BLAME for this". And I agree with you there, and I agree with you in regards to the Islam thing often as well.

The problem is, so many people who do that then try to be the mirror image of the "[religion] is to blame" crowd by exaggerating in the OTHER direction. Rather than going from "[religion] played a part in this" and ramping it up to "[religion] is to blame" they go from "[religion] isn't to blame" to "[religion] played no part in this". They run off an exaggerate, just exaggerating how little rather than how much the religion was involved in the situation.

Similarly, I think those kind of things hurt THEIR case with people somewhat in the middle on the issue just as much as the other side hurts theirs when they do their exaggeration.

To take it from an example with nothing to do with Religion....

There's been instances where kids have severly injured or killed other kids due to mimicing wrestling rules. Does this mean wrestling is to "Blame" for those deaths. No, wrestling didn't somehow magically cause one kid to do something to another kid. That said, it definitely played a part in it and was something you could say was a "cause". Would the kid possibly have just hurt/killed the other kid in a different way because he's just irresponsible and doesn't care about anothers well being? Perhaps, but we don't know. What we would know is that he saw something being done on TV and that gave him the soundness of mind to be able to do things and tell himself it was okay.

I think often, BECAUSE of the exaggerators on the other side, people get so defensive of the situation that they try and downplay or ignore reality for fear of it giving ammunition to the other side. I think that if you're honest and up front about the issue all together then the reality of it will be seen clearly by those who are honestly looking at the situation and the people that believe the other side would've believed it regardless of whether or not you under exaggerated the situation.

So I get what you were saying Dan, I just think it was coming out in such a way that your words were saying far more than you were perhaps intending or meaning them to.

Could be. This "communication" stuff can sometimes be a real bitch. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom