• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Self-Indulgent Pity Party, and Hugs to Those Who Have Been Beacons In My Darkness

Status
Not open for further replies.
After nine years on this site, this is my first blog. For most this will be tl;dr, but some of you I have known for over a dozen years,and have noted that the past two years have wrought some significant changes to me, and my posts. For those who actually care, you deserve an explanation. For those looking for mud to drag me through, screw you, I care nothing for your opinions.

The past two years have been incredibly difficult for me. A quick run-down: My second husband and I married, found ourselves with 5 children traumatized by divorce, both facing financial ruin, and when it became clear that we had married each other for the wrong reasons, me to stabilize my children's lives and him to have help paying his debts and replacing a handy scapegoat, each of us had to make a decision. I chose to stay because I was strong, independent, able to handle his controlling, bullying behavior because he knew I had the financial ability (I made more money than he did) and the will to walk out any time he went too far, taking not only my own children,but his as well.

Fast forward a few decades. Children grown, gone and spread across the country, and about 12 years ago, I became very ill. It was chronic, incurable, and as I became physical weaker and frail, losing muscle mass until I was less than 90 pounds,he become more confident in his ability to cut me off from outside contact and bully me into submission with threats. Yeah, I know, pity party, poor me, yada-yada, lol. I never told my children or my stepchildren,because they had their own lives, I didn't want to worry them, and fear of going to prison kept my increasingly abusive husband from going "toofar."

In the past two years, things have changed. My husband,who is 12 years older than me, was diagnosed with "normal pressure hydrocephalus ", also known as"water on the brain". Symptoms include difficulty walking, frequent falls, incontinence, and symptoms of dementia. He has them all. Although he's been under the care of a neurologist, with frequent MRI's, cat scans, lumbar punctures and therapies, he has dismissed all the potential cures, including a surgical procedure that could eliminate his symptoms. If he doesn't have control of something, he wants nothing to do with it.

Over the past two years, he's gone from being a difficult, negative , belittling, blame mongering, control-freak bully to a full-blown hot-and-cold psychopath, one day "normal" ,then suddenly becoming irrational,erratic, volatile and violently abusive, threatening everything from killing our pets to killing me to burning the house down with me in it. Some days I wonder if he will kill me in my sleep; other days I'm so stressed and anxious that I wish he would so I'd never wake up. Suicide would destroy my children or stepchildren, whom I dearly love, but who I dare not tell what is really going on lest my problem ends up on them.

I realize that he is not completely responsible for his irrational tantrums/violent behavior,the magnification of his own bullying narcissistic personality disorder, and his inability to make a decision on his own treatment is simply the indecisive,fearful person he is magnified by 1000. That doesn't make it easier to deal with. I have no close family, no support network…he has destroyed the relationships with all our friends by his explosive,irrational attacks on them… so I have tried to keep myself sane with the only friendships I have, you people (you know who you are) that I have grown to respect and trust over the past decade or more.

I'm telling those who care all this because yes, I know I'm less tolerant, more easily annoyed and angered, and not the same person I was a few years back. I probably never will be. I don't blame anyone who writes me off as a lost cause. Nevertheless, the people I have interacted with for years online have been a lifeline to me, and I want you to know it.

I love being a staff member of DP, and hope to continue my DM duties for as long as I am able, anda lthough I've made certain that CaptainCourtesy and RedAkston have my home phone number, there's no guarantee there will be anyone here to answer that call. If I disappear for a significant amount of time, it would sadden me to know that so many people that I have cared about over the years did not realize what a supportive, positive influence they have had on my life. Thank you all, bless you all, and with that,please don't make me fling a flaming head at you in the Basement, because I really don't get any enjoyment from it!

Luv to all,

Di

Well, the Owl House saga is on a new chapter, probably the last one.

My husband's behavior has gotten more aggressive, threatening, out-of-control tantrums, etc. over the past months. Then last month, he had a medical emergency and was taken to the hospital. His medical problems were resolved within a few days, but now a dozen medical personnel had witnessed my husband's behavior first-hand.

Given his threats against me (as always, he blamed me because he was put into the hospital), they didn't want him to come home. Fine with me; I can't even remember the last time this house was quiet and my stomach wasn't in a knot. So they sent him to a nursing facility, where he's been for a couple of weeks …driving them crazy too, of course… but Medicare only pays for 3 weeks. Still they don't want him to come home, knowing he is dangerous and my health issues limit my ability to care for him.

Bottom line, I'll be working with the nursing home and social services to find him a private assisted living facility. Looks like I'll be living alone from now on, which is both a relief and a realization that I'm going to be one of those pitiful females wearing a Life Alert button so if I drop dead, my cats won't have to eat my corpse to survive, lol.

So ends my years-long personal pity party! Those who read it, thank you; those who didn't, I don't blame you a bit! :)

My husband's behavior has gotten more aggressive, threatening, out-of-control tantrums, etc. over the past months. Then last month, he had a medical emergency and was taken to the hospital. His medical problems were resolved within a few days, but now a dozen medical personnel had witnessed my husband's behavior first-hand.

Given his threats against me (as always, he blamed me because he was put into the hospital), they didn't want him to come home. Fine with me; I can't even remember the last time this house was quiet and my stomach wasn't in a knot. So they sent him to a nursing facility, where he's been for a couple of weeks …driving them crazy too, of course… but Medicare only pays for 3 weeks. Still they don't want him to come home, knowing he is dangerous and my health issues limit my ability to care for him.

Bottom line, I'll be working with the nursing home and social services to find him a private assisted living facility. Looks like I'll be living alone from now on, which is both a relief and a realization that I'm going to be one of those pitiful females wearing a Life Alert button so if I drop dead, my cats won't have to eat my corpse to survive, lol.

So ends my years-long personal pity part! Those who read it, thank you; those who didn't, I don't blame you a bit! :)
I am friends to someone who's husband snapped due to a psychedelic drug and now acts like a manic-depressive. It is rough dealing with someone who loses their ability to fully reason. You have my sympathy.

So ends my years-long personal pity party! Those who read it, thank you; those who didn't, I don't blame you a bit! :)

I'm glad to know you're going to be much safer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom