• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Self Help Diet... all you have to do is look at food on Facebook and Instragram

Mike.Redd

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
This is cool new scientific research about hunger and pictures! Im starting it today!

You know those friends on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook or Twitter who continually post photos of their food? Yeah, you know what I’m talking about. Well, a new study says looking at those snapshots can ruin your appetite.

“The researchers had study participants look at 60 photos of various foods then fed them peanuts afterward. Well, the ones who looked at a lot of pictures of salty food were less likely to enjoy the salty snack.”

Assuming all the participants liked peanuts in the first place.

The study’s coauthor, a professor at Brigham Young University, explains the results.
“In a way, you’re becoming tired of that taste without even eating the food. It’s sensory boredom — you’ve kind of moved on. You don’t want that taste experience anymore.”

This is Amazing!! Whenever I'm hungry for sweets I'm going to go on pinterest and just look at cupcakes and cookies!!!

Source: Rare.us | Looking at friends’ pics on Instagram, Facebook could ruin your appetite

My secret is to limit portions. Iow, rather than having that huge piece of pie, have half that amount. If you do this consistently with all your dietary intake, it will help you lose weight. Counting calories is probably the most reliable method though.

My secret is to limit portions. Iow, rather than having that huge piece of pie, have half that amount. If you do this consistently with all your dietary intake, it will help you lose weight. Counting calories is probably the most reliable method though.

I just eat the pictures :lol:

Back
Top Bottom