• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Self Governance

The people of the USA do.

They vote for their representatives in the House every two years.

Voting isn't even close to granting consent to be ruled and taxed. Consider a mugger who gives you two choices: your money or your life. You handing over your wallet does not mean you consent to the robbery. You simply chose the least bad option. That's what I did when I voted for Trump.

Voting isn't even close to granting consent to be ruled and taxed.

Yes it is

Are you suggesting that the 16th Amendment needs ratifying every year ?

You vote for a president every 4 years, a senator every 6 and a Congressman every 2

Are you suggesting that the US Constitution be ratified every year ?

Consider a mugger who gives you two choices: your money or your life. You handing over your wallet does not mean you consent to the robbery. You simply chose the least bad option. That's what I did when I voted for Trump.

Correct - it's what's called under duress. However as there is no party selling Direct Democracy, I think it's pretty clear that the US people want Representative Democracy.

There just wasn't a worse option than Trump.

Back
Top Bottom