• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Self Defense v. Animal Cruelty

Should self defense be a acceptable defense in animal cruelty, precieved or real case

• Yes

Votes: 17 73.9%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Maybe

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This may have happened already, I have heard of very similar things.
Many if not all states are doing something about this, which costs money, increases taxes and makes government bigger, exactly what the tea baggers do not want.
I wonder if they ever think of these things at their protests and rallies?

I didn't know the tea party was against state and local government solving their own problems by what ever means they see fit.
Should NYC get their taxes raised to solve the Texas feral hog problem?

Do you think there should be exceptions - if there aren't already - in animal cruelty laws for what could be considered self defense?

For example, if you are in some public place that is frequented by Canada geese and somebody there finds himself being chased/pecked at/etc by one, despite knowing he isn't anywhere near a nest, and decides to kick the goose (injuring it or inadvertently killing it) and escaping (as in not sticking around to kick, stomp, or further deface the body of the goose) to get help. Would that be considered self defense to you?

At the college I go to, we have a huge goose problem - Canada geese that didn't migrate this year. They are everywhere - literally hundreds of them eating, honking, and sh*tting. Now mating season has come, and they are getting aggressive. I mapped out where the nests are - aside from one or two right now, I know most of them are on roofs away from the public.

Even still, issues arise - one guy was cut up pretty badly a few weeks ago by an aggressive goose, and I've had geese following me, hissing and honking madly in front of buildings where the nests were on the roof, not at ground level, and it is such where I am beginning to consider the circumstances of being cornered, or in any other situation where force is necessary to get out of it, what to do, consequences, etc, and am confused / unsure about it all, especially seeing videos of goose attacks online.

I hate those god damned animals! They're a public nusance and should be disposed of.

Back
Top Bottom