• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Self Defense Against Sexual Harassment/Assault

Then there's something wrong with the law in that it gives such rights and protections to perverts.

Sexual assault does warrant the use of deadly force, even if you're not in fear for your life.

Sexual assault warrants the use of deadly force only BECAUSE you are in fear for your life. If someone sexually assaults you and you kill them, if you then tell police that you were never in fear for your life, you will be charged with second degree murder. (Or first degree murder if you kill them after the fact.)

Make no mistake, you MUST claim that you were in fear for your life for any use of deadly force in a self-defense scenario to be justified. If you are stupid enough to say to anyone "I was never worried that he would kill me, but since he touched my ass/stepped onto my property/demanded my money, I decided to kill him for it" then you will go to jail for murder regardless of what the perpetrator was doing to you.

Last edited:
Sexual assault warrants the use of deadly force only BECAUSE you are in fear for your life. If someone sexually assaults you and you kill them, if you then tell police that you were never in fear for your life, you will be charged with second degree murder. (Or first degree murder if you kill them after the fact.)
If you're in fear of grave bodily harm that also warrants the use of deadly force. Both kidnap and rape fall under the category of grave bodily harm.

It may be sexual assault to have someone touch your butt it's not a threat in and of itself. What is the threat? If they dont do it again? Why dont you walk away? If you want to use self-defense as an excuse, then you can only use comparable force. You could push them away, for instance. That's also an escalation.

Answer the questions.
"Keep your hands to yourself" is so basic they teach you that in nursery school, that's how basic it is. If somebody touches me in a way they're not supposed to (a grown man, not a woman or a child) I will hit them and if I get in trouble for that I will hit the people I get in trouble with.

If you're in fear of grave bodily harm that also warrants the use of deadly force. Both kidnap and rape fall under the category of grave bodily harm.
And you're discussing someone touching your ass. So, please make some kind of rational connection here.

So I’ve posted before about sexual harassment and sexual assault and about the use of physical force to stop such stuff. I originally posted about this in the sex and sexuality folder but I think it would be more appropriate to post it here in the law and order folder.

Now, if somebody says something to you that is off color or vulgar which could be considered sexual harassment that does not justify using physical force against the offender, not if they haven’t touched you. However, if somebody touches you in a way they’re not supposed to there should be nothing to say that you can’t use physical force to incapacitate them as in that case it would be self defense. Touching somebody in a way you’re not supposed to I would think would cross the line from sexual harassment into sexual assault. Somebody once said that I would be slapped with a felony if I hit somebody who touched me in a way they’re not supposed to, well I don’t see how it would since in the USA you’re allowed to defend yourself. I don’t know how it is in other countries but in the USA by law you’re allowed to use force if its in self defense.

Suppose you just grab them by the *****?

"Keep your hands to yourself" is so basic they teach you that in nursery school, that's how basic it is. If somebody touches me in a way they're not supposed to (a grown man, not a woman or a child) I will hit them and if I get in trouble for that I will hit the people I get in trouble with.

Very macho of you.

Thank you for finally being honest. It's not about defending yourself, it's about being offended and wanting to PUNISH the offender.

Because there is no threat (that you've described), only a perceived insult that you feel the need to lash out at.

We've done this before, it takes awhile but the truth usually ends up coming out.

IMO you need anger management classes...you seem to be an individual who feels they have no control in their lives and actively look for "justifiable" reasons to lash out at people like you feel you've been treated.

I'm not sure what the point of this thread it? A person can use "reasonable" force to stop a physical assault. What a "reasonable person" would do is highly subjective and ultimate comes down to the police, DA, judge and jury. It is no different for sexual assault. However, what constitutes sexual assault versus sexual harassment is somewhat subjective. If one football player slaps another on the butt, is that a sexual assault? The butt isn't within the parameters of a sexual part of the body.

Correct. A person in imminent danger of "grave bodily harm" would naturally be in fear for his or her life.

If you tell police that you were never in fear for your life, then that is evidence that you were never under imminent threat of grave bodily harm, and were therefore unjustified in using lethal force in self-defense against another person.

why don't women just carry and if a man grabs her or tries to sexually assault her she can just shoot them?

this is the USoA. many of us shoot many of us.

Correct. A person in imminent danger of "grave bodily harm" would naturally be in fear for his or her life.

If you tell police that you were never in fear for your life, then that is evidence that you were never under imminent threat of grave bodily harm, and were therefore unjustified in using lethal force in self-defense against another person.
Kidnap and rape don't always result in death and being kidnapped and/or raped doesn't mean the victim will necessarily be in fear of their life. Both situations regardless do fall under the category of grave bodily harm and both situations warrant the use of deadly force.

Thank you for finally being honest. It's not about defending yourself, it's about being offended and wanting to PUNISH the offender.
Lets say somebody gropes you and you don't do anything at the moment but come back later and hit them, that would be punishing the offender and would get you in trouble.
Lets say somebody gropes you and at that moment you slug them, that would be legitimate self defense.

I'm not sure what the point of this thread it? A person can use "reasonable" force to stop a physical assault. What a "reasonable person" would do is highly subjective and ultimate comes down to the police, DA, judge and jury. It is no different for sexual assault. However, what constitutes sexual assault versus sexual harassment is somewhat subjective. If one football player slaps another on the butt, is that a sexual assault? The butt isn't within the parameters of a sexual part of the body.
I do know of a case of a sports player at my college, I don't know if he played football but he played some kind of organized sport either football or baseball or some other such sport. Anyway he was once groped in the shower after a game by somebody from the other team. He ended up slugging the guy who groped him. I certainly don't hold it against him about slugging the other guy.

why don't women just carry and if a man grabs her or tries to sexually assault her she can just shoot them?

this is the USoA. many of us shoot many of us.
Some women do carry.

Lets say somebody gropes you and you don't do anything at the moment but come back later and hit them, that would be punishing the offender and would get you in trouble.
Lets say somebody gropes you and at that moment you slug them, that would be legitimate self defense.
It's not self-defense. It's an 'offense' to you. It's sexual harrassment.

And if it truly bothered you, you'd move away and leave the area. If they pursued you, THEN there is a perceived threat.

If you haul off and hit someone for groping, you are doing it in outrage, as punishment. There's a good chance you wouldnt get arrested if it was commensurate in physical harm to the grope...which is very low in terms of physical harm. (And as you continually prove, highly offensive to you personally).

And it is wrong. And offensive. That still doesnt justify your need to punish the offender. You are still just looking for legal justification to take out your outrage when offended. To act like a child. You want society to give you approval for that :rolleyes: That's exactly what you are seeking here.

Kidnap and rape don't always result in death and being kidnapped and/or raped doesn't mean the victim will necessarily be in fear of their life. Both situations regardless do fall under the category of grave bodily harm and both situations warrant the use of deadly force.

It does. If it didn't, then it wouldn't fall under the category of grave bodily harm and it wouldn't warrant the use of deadly force.

Back
Top Bottom