• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Self Defense Against Sexual Harassment/Assault

What a weird post... if a person touches you inappropriately then you get away or do what is necessary to get away... you do not jiu-jitsu the ****er into unconsciousness.

I disagree. Dumb ass learns valuable lesson and at the very least doesn't screw with their victim again and most probabley wont ever inappropriately touch anybody else. Also using disproportionate violence provides a safety factor to the victim defending themselves as they just simply unleash on their attacker, and only stop when they are convinced the threat is truly neutralized. Where I am from and where I live putting your hands on someone is liable to get you in a hospital and then likely incarcerated, active defense of ones self is very much encouraged. Thats how my family and I are trained. We have a saying "Dont draw a blade unless you intend to spill blood".

I disagree. Dumb ass learns valuable lesson and at the very least doesn't screw with their victim again and most probabley wont ever inappropriately touch anybody else. Also using disproportionate violence provides a safety factor to the victim defending themselves as they just simply unleash on their attacker, and only stop when they are convinced the threat is truly neutralized. Where I am from and where I live putting your hands on someone is liable to get you in a hospital and then likely incarcerated, active defense of ones self is very much encouraged. Thats how my family and I are trained. We have a saying "Dont draw a blade unless you intend to spill blood".
Not all of us were raised in Ninja Camps;..

But all of us are responsible for our own defense. Which is my primary point.
I understand... just not beating up defenseless people that are no longer a threat .

I can touch somebody's butt in return?
I didnt say you should but if you found that action threatened you, then you would be justified in responding with similar force.

I didnt say you should but if you found that action threatened you, then you would be justified in responding with similar force.
You are aware, no doubt, that in some situations you're justified in using deadly force. Im not saying deadly force would be justified in the case of a butt grabbing but the point is that if you do use deadly force in a situation that warrants it and it leaves your attacker dead and you're alive, obviously you've used a greater level of force than your attacker.

You are aware, no doubt, that in some situations you're justified in using deadly force. Im not saying deadly force would be justified in the case of a butt grabbing but the point is that if you do use deadly force in a situation that warrants it and it leaves your attacker dead and you're alive, obviously you've used a greater level of force than your attacker.
For someone touching you inappropriately on the chest or butt? Please cite examples. That is what your thread is based on.

If you felt it was a threat, at that level, then all you had to do was walk away. Why not do so?

What a weird post... if a person touches you inappropriately then you get away or do what is necessary to get away... you do not jiu-jitsu the ****er into unconsciousness.
Why not? The assaulter didn't respect boundaries, why should the victim?

For someone touching you inappropriately on the chest or butt? Please cite examples. That is what your thread is based on.

If you felt it was a threat, at that level, then all you had to do was walk away. Why not do so?
Because for me to respond with force is self defense.

Because for me to respond with force is self defense.
Why? How does touching them back 'protect' you? If you can move away, you cant make that claim.

Why? How does touching them back 'protect' you? If you can move away, you cant make that claim.
I didn't say I would just "touch" them back, I would most likely use a strike or a striking combination, assuming the perpetrator is of proper gender and size.

I didn't say I would just "touch" them back, I would most likely use a strike or a striking combination, assuming the perpetrator is of proper gender and size.
Exactly, and since they only touched you, no you cannot do them physical harm.

Again you avoid my question (I'm answering yours)...why would you choose to use physical force against that person?

Exactly, and since they only touched you, no you cannot do them physical harm.

Again you avoid my question (I'm answering yours)...why would you choose to use physical force against that person?
Because its self defense, and yes you can use physical force against somebody if they touch you in a way they're not supposed to.

Because its self defense, and yes you can use physical force against somebody if they touch you in a way they're not supposed to.

Yes, but you can also be sued if you injure them and then have to show in civil court that inflicting injury was an appropriate response to being touched, or be prepared to pay damages. And if you kill them, even accidentally, then you'd better be prepared to prove in criminal court that you were in fear for your life or you will be doing some serious prison time.

Self defense from what? We already acknowledged there's no threat.

Source the bold. You cant, you are here asking for permission to do so, so you dont know.

Source the bold. You cant, you are here asking for permission to do so, so you dont know.
Unwanted touching can be battery or sexual assault. You can absolutely use self-defense to stop that. Am I misunderstanding your position?

Unwanted touching can be battery or sexual assault. You can absolutely use self-defense to stop that. Am I misunderstanding your position?
You can use commensurate force or remove yourself.

You can use commensurate force or remove yourself.
That is self defense. If those fail, you can escalate the force used.

That is self defense. If those fail, you can escalate the force used.
Yeah you need to follow the actual conversation.

He wants to be able to beat up someone who touches his ass. He wants the excuse to punish them.

I've had a guy grab me and hit him so hard he sat down (he's lucky there was a chair there). I often carry a firearm. I know the laws. He's looking for excuses, not law.

Yes, but you can also be sued if you injure them and then have to show in civil court that inflicting injury was an appropriate response to being touched, or be prepared to pay damages.
Then there's something wrong with the law in that it gives such rights and protections to perverts.

And if you kill them, even accidentally, then you'd better be prepared to prove in criminal court that you were in fear for your life or you will be doing some serious prison time.
Sexual assault does warrant the use of deadly force, even if you're not in fear for your life.

Being sexually assaulted is a threat.

Being sexually assaulted is a threat.
It may be sexual assault to have someone touch your butt it's not a threat in and of itself. What is the threat? If they dont do it again? Why dont you walk away? If you want to use self-defense as an excuse, then you can only use comparable force. You could push them away, for instance. That's also an escalation.

Answer the questions.

Back
Top Bottom