• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every persons position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Selective Threadbans

Status
Not open for further replies.

tacomancer

Christian Capitalist Social Democrat
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
It may be a joke topic elsewhere in the forum, but I think it should be considered:

Proposal:

The creator of the thread, at the time of thread creation, can select up to three other forum members who are uninvited to said thread and cannot post there.

I honestly think this could help discussions on this forum not get so bogged down by the less intelligent members of our forum.

Cisero

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
It may be a joke topic elsewhere in the forum, but I think it should be considered:

Proposal:

The creator of the thread, at the time of thread creation, can select up to three other forum members who are uninvited to said thread and cannot post there.

I honestly think this could help discussions on this forum not get so bogged down by the less intelligent members of our forum.

Terrible, terrible, terrible idea. Everyone, no matter how border-line retarded, has the right to express his opinion.

tacomancer

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Terrible, terrible, terrible idea. Everyone, no matter how border-line retarded, has the right to express his opinion.

This isn't the US government, rights do not necessarily apply here.

OrphanSlug

A sinister place...
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

Proposal:

I would be against anything along these lines. We have open participation here by our registered members, and it should be a matter for DP Staff to decide when someone is no longer able to participate in a given thread by the rules of the forum.

What you are arguing for would end up abused.

Casper

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

I second that.

Redress

Liberal Fascist For Life!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal

Proposal:

This would go horribly, terribly wrong.

Henrin

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
So your own threads will be like your own personal safe place.

Cisero

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
This isn't the US government, rights do not necessarily apply here.

Agreed. However, since this is a debate forum, I believe that dealing with idiots is necessary. Besides, it will develop your patience & tolerance skills :lol:

tacomancer

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Agreed. However, since this is a debate forum, I believe that dealing with idiots is necessary. Besides, it will develop your patience & tolerance skills :lol:

Lol, I just ignore them because they will spout the same old stupid ****.

RedAkston

Silent Bob for President!
Administrator
Supporting Member
Monthly Subscriber
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Moderator's Warning:
If these 3 people annoy you that much, put them on ignore. This is a debate forum and we aren't going to ban someone from a thread when they haven't broken a rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom