• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Segregation is the root of most of our problems

fair minded

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
America is far more segregated than ever before.

The elite can afford high fences and armed guards to protect them from other classes.

The elite have most of the real power and I suspect that many of them believe they are making fair policies.

Most of them care about minorities because they have good honest hard working minorities doing their yard work and taking care of their children.

However, most of the elite have never met, nor even seen a farmer, a coal miner or a lumberjack.

They have never seen a factory worker slaving away at a boring job because that is the only way they can take care of their families.

So consequently, the folks who teach our children, run our television shows, decide what news is important enough to print and what propaganda should be pushed in our theaters and tv stations can't understand the plight of the hard-working people who actually do the work that makes America work.

The hardworking men and women have no say in anything except for how hard they are willing to work in order to carry the nonworking folks.

Welcome to the board, Fair!

You hit something within me in your post. I'm a (traditional) conservative, and I feel very strongly about helping the poor, the lower class, those who have experienced poverty and other misfortunes. I pray all the time for those people and try to help in any way I can. Most of my conservative friends--many of them here--feel the same way, as do my liberal friends here.

Again, welcome to the board!

A large part of our problem is cultural differences. It's clearly a matter of what different groups believe, what they see as important and how hard they are willing to work to achieve.
This doesn't mean everyone in any one culture is good, bad, hard working or lazy, it varies and every demographic has some of each. Segreation is a problem but it isn't the porblem. Cultural differences is the problem. Good book to read is, Please Stop Helping Us by Jason L Riley.

Last edited:
There are reportedly about 330,000,000 people in this nation.

Most of them live from paycheck to paycheck.

Most of them, I have read, do not have much money in their checking account. (And some do not even have a checking account.)

Life is hard for many (the majority of?) Americans.

From what I have read, before World War II, the rich were rich but most were not filthy rich, and there was a genuine middle class.

Something is awfully wrong.

Back
Top Bottom