• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Seeing crime through a very narrow prism

What is your view of violent crime so partisan?

• Because most crime IS black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Because most crime IS white

• Because there is no talking to the other side

• We have been brainwashed by biased media (on both sides)

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • We don't know better

• We DO try, we really do, but get drowned out by the extremists (on both sides)

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Because Canadians should mind their own business

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Other reasons (explain)

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters
Because sensationalism sells. It gets attention, and these days, that's all that matters. Getting views.

Most folks are reasonable people. Most, if they REALLY sat and thought about it...are centrists. But the problem with centrists is, we're not loyal. So politicians (and biased news) appeals to the factions, the sides. Because that's a loyal block, once you e convinced them you're on their side.
Thank you. The real problem is not which side is right in most debates (answer: neither), it is that the sides trade the power back and forth instead of just letting us moderates run the world.

Response to OP, views of violent crime are so partisan because partisanship checks Americans' ability to view ANYTHING with intellectual honesty. We can't opine on anything without considering which team (D or R) our comment would help, and, as an additional but related layer, we can't opine on anything that involves race without considering how nutbags might interpret our opinions.

Refusal to address fair question posed duly noted. Maybe you can present a link to some/any news source that validates the positive claim YOU put forth? Will await said link, but not holding breath awaiting said link to be provided.
It's not necessary for me to post proof that the sun comes up every day. If someone is that uninformed then trying to prove it to them is useless. Democrats have long complained about the US's high incarceration rate and that we should reduce that a lot by letting people go. If you dispute that then there is no hope for you.

It's not necessary for me to post proof that the sun comes up every day. If someone is that uninformed then trying to prove it to them is useless. Democrats have long complained about the US's high incarceration rate and that we should reduce that a lot by letting people go. If you dispute that then there is no hope for you.
Bottom line is you made a positive claim you can't prove to be factual. Just own that you lost the argument, cut your losses, and move on. Kinda like when you made that post "It is better to elect a pedophile than a Democrat." And you have the audacity to put forth "there is no hope for me'? :unsure: 😞

Bottom line is you made a positive claim you can't prove to be factual. Just own that you lost the argument, cut your losses, and move on. Kinda like when you made that post "It is better to elect a pedophile than a Democrat." And you have the audacity to put forth "there is no hope for me'? :unsure: 😞
So, to be clear, you are for the incarceration rate in the US and that it should continue?

So, to be clear, you are for the incarceration rate in the US and that it should continue?
Where did I say that? I originally asked you ( per accepted debating protocol ) to post a link to validate your positive claim in post# 48. Are you having difficulties following the convo, trying, and failing to put 'your' words in 'my' mouth ( won't fly ), or both?

Because the media will not tell the truth -- in order to avoid hurting the feelings of certain folks.

Response to OP, views of violent crime are so partisan because partisanship checks Americans' ability to view ANYTHING with intellectual honesty. We can't opine on anything without considering which team (D or R) our comment would help, and, as an additional but related layer, we can't opine on anything that involves race without considering how nutbags might interpret our opinions.

Great post; very true.

Where did I say that? I originally asked you ( per accepted debating protocol ) to post a link to validate your positive claim in post# 48. Are you having difficulties following the convo, trying, and failing to put 'your' words in 'my' mouth ( won't fly ), or both?
Talk about deflection. Now YOU'RE saying you want to let a lot of prisoners go.

Don't read the news much, do you?
most liberals don't read Fox or Breitbart, just sayin'
rolling-on-the-floor-laughing_1f923.png

Back
Top Bottom