• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

See, Democrats Are Sexist Too.

Hamster Buddha

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian

How do I know they are Democrats you may ask, my blind liberal friend. It's elementary dear Watson! With all the "War on Women" being thrown against Republicans, are you going to sit there and tell me they wouldn't leap at the opportunity to slap the label of sexist on someone, especially in a year where the Democrats are scratching and clawing to keep the senate.

Just because a few individual elected Democrats are creepy jerks towards women (no one ever suggests that such actions are really unique to one party or the other, or to any specific demographics other than "male"), doesn't mean that the policies that the Republican party advocates aren't extremely hostile towards women, while the policies of Democrats are much more conducive to an equitable and equal situation for women in our society.

Just because a few individual elected Democrats are creepy jerks towards women (no one ever suggests that such actions are really unique to one party or the other, or to any specific demographics other than "male"), doesn't mean that the policies that the Republican party advocates aren't extremely hostile towards women, while the policies of Democrats are much more conducive to an equitable and equal situation for women in our society.

So what you're saying is Democrats are hypocrites, and they're only interested in their votes and not who they are... well that and apparently their gorgeous stomachs.

How do I know they are Democrats you may ask, my blind liberal friend. It's elementary dear Watson! With all the "War on Women" being thrown against Republicans, are you going to sit there and tell me they wouldn't leap at the opportunity to slap the label of sexist on someone, especially in a year where the Democrats are scratching and clawing to keep the senate.

Well, that is impressive. Since Gillibrandt did not name names, or even parties, it must be assumed that it is democrats, because that would be the only reason she would not name names. That is the most devoid of logic argument I have heard in weeks. Well done!

So what you're saying is Democrats are hypocrites, and they're only interested in their votes and not who they are... well that and apparently their gorgeous stomachs.

44309_a_zm.jpg

:mrgreen: I LOL'd :mrgreen:

On a more general level, of course Democrats are more likely to be abusive towards women or members of other ethnicities - they are more likely to be able to get away with it.

:mrgreen: I LOL'd :mrgreen:

On a more general level, of course Democrats are more likely to be abusive towards women or members of other ethnicities - they are more likely to be able to get away with it.

Just another one of your BS lies!

The moral of the story is that Republican men are old ball sack resembling farm animals that should keep their hooves and snouts to themselves.

I agree. I like my women a little meaty.

"Sexist TOO!" Fine admission that conservatives are sexist.

Some Democrats are sexist. Because Democrats are people, and every single demographic of people has assholes. The difference is that Democrats don't let it infect their legislative agenda.

You're right, it's so obvious that the unnamed Congresscritters are Democrats. Even though none were named. Even though no party affiliations were specified.

John Stewart got it in one - we all know that the old men who look like someone's balls are Democrats.

Case closed.

You're right, it's so obvious that the unnamed Congresscritters are Democrats. Even though none were named. Even though no party affiliations were specified.

John Stewart got it in one - we all know that the old men who look like someone's balls are Democrats.

Case closed.

Ask yourself this question Dan... If they were Republicans, then why didn't she name them? Democrats are scratching and clawing to keep the Senate, and you think they would pass up on the opportunity to throw some mud on them?

Ask yourself this question Dan... If they were Republicans, then why didn't she name them? Democrats are scratching and clawing to keep the Senate, and you think they would pass up on the opportunity to throw some mud on them?

Maybe she's more interested in solving the problem than she is in getting into a mud-slinging match. Considering the fact that she has yet to finish her first term, she's fairly junior to a lot of other Senators and isn't going to make any of the allies that one needs in politics by calling out other Senators by name over what will turn into a he-said-she-said.

Maybe she's more interested in solving the problem than she is in getting into a mud-slinging match. Considering the fact that she has yet to finish her first term, she's fairly junior to a lot of other Senators and isn't going to make any of the allies that one needs in politics by calling out other Senators by name over what will turn into a he-said-she-said.

That sounds great if politicians nowadays actually cared about farming allies with members across the aisle. In this day and age, if you get the opportunity to throw mud on a person from the other party, they'll take it every time. They'll lie and manipulate if they have to.

That sounds great if politicians nowadays actually cared about farming allies with members across the aisle. In this day and age, if you get the opportunity to throw mud on a person from the other party, they'll take it every time. They'll lie and manipulate if they have to.
Many of the Senate's membership do in fact try to establish working relationships with their fellow Senators. This is likely doe at least in part to the facts that they're not running for office every two years, there aren't as many of them, and the Senate has always been the contemplative half of Congress.

Even were we to ignore all that, you've got nothing other than conjecture and your own bias to guide your conclusion. Personally I'd like some facts to back me up before I made such a bold accusation.

I guess I'm a little old-fashioned.

Back
Top Bottom