• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Secretive Republican Donors Are Planning Ahead

LOL, Media Matters offers content? Now that is funny, MM is a leftwing spin machine that wouldn't know a fact if it bit them in the arse. MM is doing its best to implement the George Soros "one world govt." and to destroy the free enterprise and capitalistic economy that made Soros rich. He got his, the hell with everyone else. Anyone that buys what MM posts doesn't have a lot of credility. Why would anyone believe George Soros and MM?
:lamo

Thank you for proving my point. :doh:doh

Originally Posted by Ajay:
George Soros broke NO American law. We do not recognize convictions in other countries because if we did, CIA and US Military as well as Bush/Chcney admin are criminals. They have all been charged in other countries of crimes, no? What about Vietnam charging Nixon as a criminal? What about a political conviction in another country?

Charges here lodged at Soros? Despicable? Yes. Why? Pollitical bs meant to deceive and it goes to the politics of personal destruction.

Soros funds - openly - MediaMatters. What is hilarious is that people who attack MM rarely if ever attacks the content.

George Soros broke NO American law.

If I was convicted of murder in France and then moved to the US, would you consider me a murderer? Or would you just say "WELL IT WASNT US LAW SO ITS PEACHY KEEN!"

We do not recognize convictions in other countries because if we did, CIA and US Military as well as Bush/Chcney admin are criminals.

There's a difference between whether or not we recognize convinctions for the purpose of extraditing or imprisoning someone and whether or not we recognize convictions for the purpose of saying "oh, that person has been convicted of X."

LOL, Media Matters offers content? Now that is funny, MM is a leftwing spin machine that wouldn't know a fact if it bit them in the arse. MM is doing its best to implement the George Soros "one world govt." and to destroy the free enterprise and capitalistic economy that made Soros rich. He got his, the hell with everyone else. Anyone that buys what MM posts doesn't have a lot of credility. Why would anyone believe George Soros and MM?

Media falsely claim Obama and staff are "exempt" from health care reform

Okay. Put your money where your mouth is. Show me where MM is wrong here.

If I was convicted of murder in France and then moved to the US, would you consider me a murderer? Or would you just say "WELL IT WASNT US LAW SO ITS PEACHY KEEN!"

There's a difference between whether or not we recognize convinctions for the purpose of extraditing or imprisoning someone and whether or not we recognize convictions for the purpose of saying "oh, that person has been convicted of X."

Don't be ridiculous. Murder is murder, although if the conviction were shown to be politically motivated and suspect, I would most definitely not use the term without caveats.

Murder, capital crimes are a totally different set of laws than securities regulations and laws. Nations have laws in this area that make one thing illegal that is legal in another. Unless of course you are arguing for a One World Set of Laws? Are you?

Saying Soros is a convicetd felon was beyond the pale. Of course there are differences, but criminal and civikl prceedings are at issue as are the fairness of trials or proceedings.

Saying 'France convicet Soros of insider trading' is correct. Then we get to what he was convicted of and what the scandal involved. Was Soros singled out by the socilaist system you are so admiring?

I see. Truth is "beyond the pale" when describing heroes of the left if it makes them look bad.

meaningful? Where is the story bogus?

Yeah. You pick one story and challenge someone to find a problem with it when they're talking about Media Matters as a whole.

If you cannot see the problem . . .

Anyone that uses Media Matters or George Soros in any argument, doesn't have a point.

So you can't argue with the facts either? Another exampole of the politics of personal destuction minus a credible argument?

I see. Truth is "beyond the pale" when describing heroes of the left if it makes them look bad.

Please try to be honest and read the prevoius posts? I do not stick up for the left. I do not like the left -- or the right. I think fringe partisans ruin the debate.

Don't be ridiculous. Murder is murder, although if the conviction were shown to be politically motivated and suspect, I would most definitely not use the term without caveats.

Murder, capital crimes are a totally different set of laws than securities regulations and laws. Nations have laws in this area that make one thing illegal that is legal in another.

And like I said above, unless you can give me a detailed explanation of the differences between french and US insider trading laws and the materiality of the information at issue, I don't think you really have much of a basis for your argument that this wasn't a big deal or wouldn't be criminal anywhere else.

Unless of course you are arguing for a One World Set of Laws? Are you?

Yes, that's clearly what I'm arguing for.

Saying Soros is a convicetd felon was beyond the pale.

No, it was a technical inaccuracy borne out of different classifications of crimes in different legal traditions.

Saying 'France convicet Soros of insider trading' is correct. Then we get to what he was convicted of and what the scandal involved. Was Soros singled out by the socilaist system you are so admiring?

I don't know, but you certainly seem to think so. Given your vast knowledge of French securities laws, I'm looking forward to your explanation for why he was wrongly convicted and why the appeals court wrongly upheld that conviction.

Yeah. You pick one story and challenge someone to find a problem with it when they're talking about Media Matters as a whole.

If you cannot see the problem . . .

I am sure MediaMatters makes mistakes, but they document their charges, so it is quite simple to catch them.

My issue with people who attack mediamatters is that they do not follow the sourced links to disprove anything. They just mention Soros. That is not an argument.

Please try to be honest and read the prevoius posts? I do not stick up for the left. I do not like the left -- or the right. I think fringe partisans ruin the debate.

I read all the posts. You got completely owned. He's a convicted felon. Your excuse is that he wasn't convicted in the US.

I am sure MediaMatters makes mistakes, but they document their charges, so it is quite simple to catch them.

My issue with people who attack mediamatters is that they do not follow the sourced links to disprove anything. They just mention Soros. That is not an argument.

Neither is challenging someone to find problems with a single story you cherrypick when the subject is MM as a whole.

So you can't argue with the facts either? Another exampole of the politics of personal destuction minus a credible argument?

What facts, you post an article as was pointed out and then generalize based upon that article that MM has credibility? Not going there with you but suggest you do better research on George Soros and Media Matters before making a total fool of yourself.

1) And like I said above, unless you can give me a detailed explanation of the differences between french and US insider trading laws and the materiality of the information at issue, I don't think you really have much of a basis for your argument that this wasn't a big deal or wouldn't be criminal anywhere else.

2) Yes, that's clearly what I'm arguing for.

3) No, it was a technical inaccuracy borne out of different classifications of crimes in different legal traditions.

4) don't know, but you certainly seem to think so. Given your vast knowledge of French securities laws, I'm looking forward to your explanation for why he was wrongly convicted and why the appeals court wrongly upheld that conviction.

1) I apologize, I missed the post where you asked for this. Can you link to this instance so I can better address it?

2) you are arguing for a one world government? If not why not just address the arguments and teh questions? Why play games?

3) It is no such thing. Everyone in America (except according to you -- people on debatepolitics.com) who hears the phrase 'convicted felon' thinks convicted in America of a federal crime.

4) You are assuming now? Why? I will say Soros was singled out by the socialits French you are supporting. Wrongly convicted? A wrong conviction is not a judgement I can make. I'm a liberal, not a conservative, so I would never stray so far for political purposes or gain. Think Scooter Libby. (there's that heroic name of the right again)

I and you can both read what the arguments in Soros' case(s) were. The court of public opinion is outside a court of law. The politics of personal destruction is all some people have.

I read all the posts. You got completely owned. He's a convicted felon. Your excuse is that he wasn't convicted in the US.

So Soros is subject to the same penalties and restrictions as all other convicted felons -- in the United States? Because if he is not, he is not a convicted felon.

Neither is challenging someone to find problems with a single story you cherrypick when the subject is MM as a whole.

I never argued MM never made errors. The argument is from the right that MM deals with lies and deceptions. I post a link to a MM story as a source and teh right dismisses each story out of hand without a single challenge on facts. HAppens most every time.

Please stop trying to decieve.

So Soros is subject to the same penalties and restrictions as all other convicted felons -- in the United States? Because if he is not, he is not a convicted felon.

In or out of the United States has nothing to do with the fact that yes, he's a convicted felon.

Sorry it makes a hero of the left look bad, but there it is. Your silly qualification is ludicrous, desperate, AND transparent.

I never argued MM never made errors. The argument is from the right that MM deals with lies and deceptions. I post a link to a MM story as a source and teh right dismisses each story out of hand without a single challenge on facts. HAppens most every time.

Then I guess you really can't see the logical problem with your challenge.

Please stop trying to decieve.

:roll: That's just sad. Spell out, in detail, my attempt at "deception."

1) I apologize, I missed the post where you asked for this. Can you link to this instance so I can better address it?

Here you go:

http://www.debatepolitics.com/break...n-donors-planning-ahead-3.html#post1059058739

2) you are arguing for a one world government? If not why not just address the arguments and teh questions? Why play games?

It was sarcasm directed at your inexplicable misreading of what I said.

3) It is no such thing. Everyone in America (except according to you -- people on debatepolitics.com) who hears the phrase 'convicted felon' thinks convicted in America of a federal crime.

That's not really a response to what I said. I said that he has been convicted of a crime that the US considers to be a felony, which makes it understandable that someone would refer to him in passing as a convicted felon.

If it makes you feel better, substitute "convicted of insider trading" for "convicted felon" when you come across it.

4) You are assuming now? Why? I will say Soros was singled out by the socialits French you are supporting. Wrongly convicted? A wrong conviction is not a judgement I can make.

And yet you attack the conviction, saying that it was a bull**** political prosecution. I'm waiting for your explanation of why.

I'm a liberal, not a conservative,

You don't say.

What facts, you post an article as was pointed out and then generalize based upon that article that MM has credibility? Not going there with you but suggest you do better research on George Soros and Media Matters before making a total fool of yourself.

Media Matters was/isd run by the self-admitted liar for the right wing conspiracy that hunted Clinton. This man decided to expose the right wing for what it was doing. He is always going to be suspect because of his past so he has to source everything he says

When the right wing employed the man his stories were carried in major media but mostly first right wing media, without the kinds of availability of fact checking that MM offers with each charge.

When I use MM as a source, I check out the links and more. I have seen a few stories I think are biased bs, but they are easily identifiable because MM in their stories, gives me the ability to check their stories out. Very few sources do that much. It's a breath of fresh air.

Now it may irk you and others that they go after the right. But they admit that is why they were set up in the first place. So what is the beef? You have a beef with exposing lies -- with sources you can follow to judge for yourself? DO you prefer stories with no links?

In or out of the United States has nothing to do with the fact that yes, he's a convicted felon.

Sorry it makes a hero of the left look bad, but there it is. Your silly qualification is ludicrous, desperate, AND transparent.

I really like what Sosros did with startimg MM, but he is NO hero of mine. YOu must read what I post and not what you think I am postying. I already said I do not liek what he and others who speculate in markets do, but he is NOT alone. His consevative friends are just as creepy.

But to attack what a guy funds just because I do not like him would demand I explain a lot more. You just seem to hate what MM does, so you keep mentioning MM as if anything Soros does is a reflection on teh sourced content on MM.

Back
Top Bottom