• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Secretive Republican Donors Are Planning Ahead

Hey, donc -- what say you about:

NA-BI593_AFSCME_NS_20101021210401.gif

I'm sure you find this just as outrageous, no?

Everyone on that list shows where their money comes from, unlike the Corp donations. Guess how much Sharon Angle is on track to spend in the state of Nevada alone to unseat Harry Reid? Its about half of what the NEA has spent nationwide on all the open seats that they support. You don’t find this troubling?

Myself I would favor limits on any campaign donations to a C note max and show where that came from.

Everyone on that list shows where their money comes from, unlike the Corp donations. Guess how much Sharon Angle is on track to spend in the state of Nevada alone to unseat Harry Reid? Its about half of what the NEA has spent nationwide on all the open seats that they support. You don’t find this troubling?

Myself I would favor limits on any campaign donations to a C note max and show where that came from.

Funny; earlier in the thread it was all about amount.

So, I guess it really is OK as long it's to and from the right people.

Funny; earlier in the thread it was all about amount.

So, I guess it really is OK as long it's to and from the right people.

I answered the question that you ask in post #75 which was.

While were perusing old post, I notice that you overlooked the question in my last post, which was.
You don’t find this troubling?

I answered the question that you ask in post #75 which was.

Yeah. Funny how you changed the subject in order to answer it.

While were perusing old post, I notice that you overlooked the question in my last post, which was.

Because it was a non-sequitur designed to distract from the point . . . obviously.

Yeah. Funny how you changed the subject in order to answer it.

Because it was a non-sequitur designed to distract from the point . . . obviously.

OK,lets clear this up this morning as i may have not had my proper amount of coffee (a half gallon).What was you question when you posted this?

OK,lets clear this up this morning as i may have not had my proper amount of coffee (a half gallon).What was you question when you posted this?

It's quite simple. Here, you find mere amounts "troubling," though it had nothing to do with Goobie's point:

When you consider that during the 2006 election cycle, $136.7 million in outside dough was spent and we are on a path to more than double that….Yeh, its troubling to anyone with more than two active brain cells. Sooo…what’s your thoughts on the subject? :2wave:

Here, you're suddenly worried about something else entirely.

It's quite simple. Here, you find mere amounts "troubling," though it had nothing to do with Goobie's point:

Here, you're suddenly worried about something else entirely.

Let me run this by you again.

OK,lets clear this up this morning as i may have not had my proper amount of coffee (a half gallon).What was your question when you posted this?

Answer this and i,m sure we can resolve this situation ...better hurry though,some pretty good football on the tube today. :2wave:

Let me run this by you again.

OK,lets clear this up this morning as i may have not had my proper amount of coffee (a half gallon).What was your question when you posted this?

Answer this and i,m sure we can resolve this situation ...better hurry though,some pretty good football on the tube today. :2wave:

I see. Now you're simply going to pretend you don't understand the point. I guess you better find the remote.

I see. Now you're simply going to pretend you don't understand the point. I guess you better find the remote.

Sigh…still no answer; it looks like stinger gave you pretty good dance lessons before he went into self-imposed exile. :roll:

In post #75 you ask this (Hey, donc -- what say you about:) from a WSJ article that shows that the Dems got donations in the past, from among other things, trade unions.

To which I replied that ONE SENATE REPUBLICAN CANDIDATE, (Angle) IN ONE SENATE RACE, IN ONE STATE, is on track to spend half of the total dough given by the biggest donor to the Dems in the past thirteen years. That donation is to be spread out over the entire country I might add.

Then you come back in post #77 with this deflection (earlier in the thread it was all about amount)

Keep in mind dear readers, that Harsaw ask in his initial post. (Hey, donc -- what say you about) #75.Nothing,naddda,about anything earlier in the thread.

Now meandering on down the rabbit hole we come to.

Post #79 where I get accused of changing the subject,when I informed him that I answered, what I thought was his question.Which was (I'm sure you find this just as outrageous, no?) With this answer.

(Myself I would favor limits on any campaign donations to a C note max and show where that came from.)

Not to deterred in his trip deep into the bowels of the rabbit hole, our hero Harshaw in post #79,Yet again accuses me of…CHANGING THE SUBJECT.I wonder if the change in air pressure down the rabbit hole could be having an effect? Possible I guess, it happens when you dive in water. :confused:

Going deeper in the hole finds our…Oh what the hell, Ill just hang a highway hero tags on him, he fits the bill.:mrgreen:

Now our hero makes a extreme right turn on his trip into unknown territories, deep in the bowels of the rabbit hole and comes to the defense of his ally... the defenseless…GOOBIEMAN, in post #81.Man, talk about a deflection. :2wave:

That gets us to post #83 where he says that I am pretending to not understand the point. Ignoring the fact that answered the point long ago and even gave him room to gracefully bow out of the thread but Noooo.

Now off to LSU, Auburn. If he wants to continue the journey it will have wait.

)What was your question when you posted this?
Your issue - an issue that has absolutely nothing to do with what -I- said -seems to be "money".
To you:
GOP money = bad
DNC money = good
Yeah, we get it. Thanks.

Now then, back on topic:
What's 'news' about thw GOP getting together to strategize for 2012?

I didn't post in a vacuum, dude, much as you can't help but going off on irrelevant tangents and thus probably can't follow a straight line. Go watch your football. The rest of us get it: for donc, Republicans raising money = "troubling." Democrats raising money = sweetness and light.

I didn't post in a vacuum, dude, much as you can't help but going off on irrelevant tangents and thus probably can't follow a straight line. Go watch your football. The rest of us get it: for donc, Republicans raising money = "troubling." Democrats raising money = sweetness and light.

There should be a drinking game ordered around logical fallacies. See a strawman? Take a drink.

Truthfully I don’t give a s*** if wingers plotted at the ant farm, called Aspen, in June, and had Glen Beck, the Rep. from fair and balanced for the customary brain washing.

What does concern me, is that the top lobbyist for the U.S. Chamber of Commerce was also in attendance,as it should concern anyone with an IQ above room temperature. Also of concern was the presence of two Supreme Court justices, Scalia and Thomas.

Why the concern for the Chamber of Commerce you ask?The business lobby that has vowed to spend up to $75 million on the midterms,primarily on Republicans. BECAUSE IT’S THE CORPORATION FRONT GROUP that takes donations from….

The Bahrain Petroleum Company, The Nass Group (Kingdom of Bahrain), Midal Cables (Kingdom of Bahrain), Gulf Air (Kingdom of Bahrain), Bahrain Financial Harbour Holding Company (Kingdom of Bahrain) and Aluminum Bahrain B.S.C (Kingdom of Bahrain).

I could go on but the bottom line is that $885,000, SO FAR, has been uncovered that went into to the Chamber’s 501(c)(6) from 84 foreign companies.

So, yes I get a bit concerned, when it looks like foreign companies are having a bit too much influence on our government. Plus the presence of two representative of our countries highest court, well… that kicked my paranoia antenna into hyper drive.

Last edited:
Truthfully I don’t give a s*** if wingers plotted at the ant farm, called Aspen, in June, and had Glen Beck, the Rep. from fair and balanced for the customary brain washing.
Not true. It irks you to no end.

What does concern me, is that the top lobbyist for the U.S. Chamber of Commerce was also in attendance,as it should concern anyone with an IQ above room temperature.
Thing is, if you had a real case here, you'd have something other than "even an idiot can see it' to back it up.
Get back to us when you do.

Also of concern was the presence of two Supreme Court justices, Scalia and Thomas.
Because, well, you know, Conservative justices have no right to express their opinions in private.

Why the concern for the Chamber of Commerce you ask?The business lobby that has vowed to spend up to $75 million on the midterms,primarily on Republicans. BECAUSE IT’S THE CORPORATION FRONT GROUP that takes donations from….
Yes. GOP money comes from evil, DNC money comes from kittens and sunshine.
We get it. Was there anything else or were you somply going continue with your partisan hack routine?

Soros hates america, is a convicted felon and an asshole

I blame Bush that soros is still around

Soros is a convicetd felon? Please, where is this fact? What federal crime and in what court was Soros tried and convicted?

Soros hates Ameica? Gee, I wonder he can hate America if he cares about it so much about it? Maybe more people who claim to love America and get involved in it's workings truly hate America? Do you have a list, or is Soros a lone hater?

Calling people assholes on a public message board does not contribute to a discussion, or reflect well on the person engaging in name calling.

Soros is a convicetd felon? Please, where is this fact? What federal crime and in what court was Soros tried and convicted?

Soros hates Ameica? Gee, I wonder he can hate America if he cares about it so much about it? Maybe more people who claim to love America and get involved in it's workings truly hate America? Do you have a list, or is Soros a lone hater?

Calling people assholes on a public message board does not contribute to a discussion, or reflect well on the person engaging in name calling.

What insider trader conviction?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Soros#Insider_trading_conviction

In 1988, he was asked to join a takeover attempt of the French bank Société Générale. He declined to participate in the bid but later bought a number of shares in the company. French authorities began an investigation in 1989, and in 2002 a French court ruled that it was insider trading, a felony conviction as defined under French securities laws, and fined him $2.3 million, which was the amount that he made using the insider information.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/14/business/worldbusiness/14iht-soros.1974397.html?_r=1

The highest court in France on Wednesday rejected a bid by George Soros, the billionaire investor, to overturn a conviction for insider trading in a case dating back nearly 20 years, leaving the first blemish on his five-decade investing career.

The panel, the Cour de Cassation, upheld the conviction of Soros, 75, an American citizen, for buying and selling Société Générale shares in 1988 after receiving information about a planned corporate raid on the bank.

The French have different laws. Soros was never convicted in a US court of such charges. And Soros is NOT a convicted felon, which is what was charged here on debatepolitics.com Shame.

And insider trading in American markets is what people are implying. France and other nations it is against the law to fly certain flags or utter certain words in public.

false charges are always despicable, but they are especially so when fed by media outlets.

Last edited:
The French have different laws. Soros was never convicted in a US court of such charges. And Soros is NOT a convicetd felon, which is what was charged here on debatepolitics.com Shame.

He was convicted of insider trading. If someone said that he was a convicted felon, that was technically inaccurate as there's not really a french analogue to the term "felon." Nevertheless, he was still convicted of insider trading. Shame on you for either 1) not knowing about it, or 2) pretending like it never happened:

you said:
What insider trader conviction?

And insider trading in American markets is what people are implying. France and other nations it is against the law to fly certain flags or utter certain words in public.

And if he were being called a criminal for having been convicted of flying certain flags, you might have a point. He broke the law. Unless you can give me a detailed explanation of the differences between french and US insider trading laws and the materiality of the information at issue, I don't think you really have much of a basis for your argument that this wasn't a big deal.

false charges are always despicable, but they are especially so when fed by media outlets.

What false charges? He was convicted of insider trading. Period.

Last edited:
He was convicted of insider trading. If someone said that he was a convicted felon, that was technically inaccurate as there's not really a french analogue to the term "felon." Nevertheless, he was still convicted of insider trading. Shame on you for either 1) not knowing about it, or 2) pretending like it never happened:

And if he were being called a criminal for having been convicted of flying certain flags, you might have a point. He broke the law. Unless you can give me a detailed explanation of the differences between french and US insider trading laws and the materiality of the information at issue, I don't think you really have much of a basis for your argument that this wasn't a big deal.

You added these posts after the fact. Why?

What does concern me, is that the top lobbyist for the U.S. Chamber of Commerce was also in attendance,as it should concern anyone with an IQ above room temperature. Also of concern was the presence of two Supreme Court justices, Scalia and Thomas.

The Bahrain Petroleum Company, The Nass Group (Kingdom of Bahrain), Midal Cables (Kingdom of Bahrain), Gulf Air (Kingdom of Bahrain), Bahrain Financial Harbour Holding Company (Kingdom of Bahrain) and Aluminum Bahrain B.S.C (Kingdom of Bahrain).

I could go on but the bottom line is that $885,000, SO FAR, has been uncovered that went into to the Chamber’s 501(c)(6) from 84 foreign companies.

So, yes I get a bit concerned, when it looks like foreign companies are having a bit too much influence on our government. Plus the presence of two representative of our countries highest court, well… that kicked my paranoia antenna into hyper drive.

Well, at least you recognize it as "paranoia" on some level, anyway.

Besides, that CoC "foreign money" bull**** was debunked weeks ago. http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/09/us/politics/09donate.html?_r=2&ref=eric_lichtblau

Sorry; I just can't get worked up at the thought that GASP! a political party is raising money and GASP! it's looking not only at the current election, but the NEXT election, and beyond.

But then, I'm not paranoid.

Last edited:

George Soros broke NO American law. We do not recognize convictions in other countries because if we did, CIA and US Military as well as Bush/Chcney admin are criminals. They have all been charged in other countries of crimes, no? What about Vietnam charging Nixon as a criminal? What about a political conviction in another country?

Charges here lodged at Soros? Despicable? Yes. Why? Pollitical bs meant to deceive and it goes to the politics of personal destruction.

Soros funds - openly - MediaMatters. What is hilarious is that people who attack MM rarely if ever attacks the content.

George Soros broke NO American law. We do not recognize convictions in other countries because if we did, CIA and US Military as well as Bush/Chcney admin are criminals. They have all been charged in other countries of crimes, no? What about Vietnam charging Nixon as a criminal? What about a political conviction in another country?

Charges here lodged at Soros? Despicable? Yes. Why? Pollitical bs meant to deceive and it goes to the politics of personal destruction.

Soros funds - openly - MediaMatters. What is hilarious is that people who attack MM rarely if ever attacks the content.

LOL, Media Matters offers content? Now that is funny, MM is a leftwing spin machine that wouldn't know a fact if it bit them in the arse. MM is doing its best to implement the George Soros "one world govt." and to destroy the free enterprise and capitalistic economy that made Soros rich. He got his, the hell with everyone else. Anyone that buys what MM posts doesn't have a lot of credility. Why would anyone believe George Soros and MM?

Back
Top Bottom