• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Secretary Gale Norton will announce her resignation today!

KidRocks

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
The Associated Press reports it has learned Interior Secretary Gale Norton will announce her resignation today. CNN working to confirm.

Why?

KidRocks said:
The Associated Press reports it has learned Interior Secretary Gale Norton will announce her resignation today. CNN working to confirm.

Why?

Damn it, KidRocks, I was hoping you were going to explain why she was resigning. How could you tease me like this? ;)

This just in...

AP: Interior Secretary Norton to resign

WASHNINGTON (AP) — Interior Secretary Gale Norton is resigning after five years in President Bush's Cabinet, The Associated Press has learned.
Norton, a former Colorado attorney general who guided the Bush administration's initiative to open Western government lands to more oil and gas drilling, planned to announce her decision Friday, a senior government official and another source familiar with her decision told the AP.

Both spoke on condition of anonymity, saying they did not want to upstage an announcement from the White House.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2006-03-10-norton_x.htm

More details to come

Maybe we could merge Kidrocks and Danarheas thread on the same topic.

KidRocks said:
LOL...

"Norton told associates she wanted to return to private life in Colorado, the source said."

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/03/10/norton.ap/index.html
Since there was no hint before of her resignations, I am willing to bet dollars to donuts that the resignation has something to do with her being fingered in the Jack Abramoff scandal. She wont be the first cabinet member to go out on account of that. Remember David Safavian?

danarhea said:
Since there was no hint before of her resignations, I am willing to bet dollars to donuts that the resignation has something to do with her being fingered in the Jack Abramoff scandal. She wont be the first cabinet member to go out on account of that. Remember David Safavian?

The one who was indicted and arrested at the White House for lying about his relationship with Abramoff? Yes, danarhea, I remember him.

Damn, it's going to be a long, hot summer. :fueltofir :cool:

danarhea said:
She said she is resigning for personal reasons and to focus her attention on the private sector. Until you can show otherwise, you're just floating more smear.

aps said:
The one who was indicted and arrested at the White House for lying about his relationship with Abramoff? Yes, danarhea, I remember him.
He didnt just lie about his relationship with Abramoff. He attempted to derail the investigation, hence the obstruction of justice charge.

Also, here is a good article about Gale Norton's connection to both Delay and Abramoff. The emails have implicated the crap out of her, along with the Abramoff money, which went to her own *cough* nonprofit *cough*.

And here is Norton's picture..........

With Abramoff.

http://rawstory.com/images/other/foia2.jpg

When I posted a very long time ago that Delay would be indicted, I was told I was full of crap.

When I later posted that Abramoff would be indicted, I was told I was full of crap.

I now predict that Norton will be indicted. Please, someone, tell me I am full of crap, so I can tell you "I told you so" once again. :)

Last edited:
KCConservative said:
She said she is resigning for personal reasons and to focus her attention on the private sector. Until you can show otherwise, you're just floating more smear.

Normally when someone leaves before their term is over, something is up. I mentioned Christine Todd Whitman and George Tenet, both of whom said they were resigning to spend more time with their family. We all know that's not the truth with George Tenet. Whitman's resignation may not be something that is common knowledge, but she resigned because she realized that this administration didn't care about the environment. They wanted her to relax the rules, as opposed to enforce those that were in effect.

Maybe we'll find out that Norton quit for personal reasons, but maybe not. What's the harm in surmising why she is leaving?

Back
Top Bottom