• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Secret Service rush to evacuate Pence from besieged Capitol becomes 'coup' focus

I used to think that the mob wouldn't really kill Pence, but I now believe they really would have if they had gotten to him.

I wish I could go back to thinking otherwise, but I can't.

The gallows erected outside of the capitol was quite the symbol of their intentions.

The democrats know they are really hosed this election and the only things they can do to help themselves will be bad for their base, so the only option is to go all in on reminding Americans about the electoral justice protest, which was awesome and in due time will be taught as a major event where the people stood up to the regime

Its purpose was not a "protest", but to "stop the steal", when there was no "steal" and it was an entirely made-up concept by a sore loser.

What "regime" were they standing up to other than American democracy?

Get over it already. Y'all are worse than pizzagaters at this point.
We'll get over it when justice is served, not before.

We'll come back together again as a country when the GOP takes responsibility for what they've done, not before.

We'll move forward together when right wingers rejoin us in reality, not before.

We'll get over it when justice is served, not before.

We'll come back together again as a country when the GOP takes responsibility for what they've done, not before.

We'll move forward together when right wingers rejoin us in reality, not before.
Nothing will come of this. Democrats have wasted like a year and a half of their time, and counting.

Get over investigating the trump coup attempt? That comment would make you resemble pizzagate supporters, not the people investigating trump.
Stuff like this is why I will never again identify as a Democrat. It's become a party of nut jobs.

If you know any specific threats let them know. I think it sounds like they're doing what they can recognizing the issue and acting to remove agents. Which of course Republicans would attack as partisan to not allow trump loyalists whose loyalty to Biden is in question.

How would I ever know of specific threats. Pffftttt...

That's pretty much a given considering how they killed dozens of cops, went after counter protesters and burned them alive on the street. America has never seen anything like the horror show actually might have happened on 1/6...in the minds of so many liberals.
I mean you've lied in every one of these threads so why stop now right?

That's pretty much a given considering how they killed dozens of cops, went after counter protesters and burned them alive on the street. America has never seen anything like the horror show actually might have happened on 1/6...in the minds of so many liberals.

Their intention was to "stop the steal"- a completely made-up lie. So what did that mean other than forcefully taking down the normal functioning of American government- IOW, insurrection?

That security/intelligence was able to stop them from more violence on our lawmakers, disruption of our government, and minimize the destruction of US property does not change the intention of why they were there.

How can you declare that there was absolutely no riot plan? We won't know that answer until the DOJ concludes its investigation. In the meantime, it certainly appears that some members of the GOP knew something was up.

1. Because Raskin wouldn't be hyperventilating over that which the OP is about. He would be focused about riot conspiracies.

2. Nothing in the stories indicate a riot-- instead its about efforts to contest the election results.
Which thus far, progressives have declined to say doing so is illegal.

1. Because Raskin wouldn't be hyperventilating over that which the OP is about. He would be focused about riot conspiracies.

2. Nothing in the stories indicate a riot-- instead its about efforts to contest the election results.
Which thus far, progressives have declined to say doing so is illegal.

The intention was not a protest. The intention was to stop the "steal"- a made-up lie. You'd have to be stupid to not know it was just a lie.

IOW, the intention was to disrupt American government with a hostile and violent take-over, based on a known lie, because they liked the lie. "Hang Mike Pence!" is not "protest election results".

Stuff like this is why I will never again identify as a Democrat. It's become a party of nut jobs.
The nut jobs are the ones saying that the trump attempted coup is only about nut jobs. If you're saying anything other than that the coup is a serious problem needing investigation, the Democratic Party agrees you don't belong in it. It's for sane people.

Nothing will come of this. Democrats have wasted like a year and a half of their time, and counting.
Huge things have come from it and more will come.

The democrats know they are really hosed this election and the only things they can do to help themselves will be bad for their base, so the only option is to go all in on reminding Americans about the electoral justice protest, which was awesome and in due time will be taught as a major event where the people stood up to the regime
People died and you think it was awesome?

The gallows erected outside of the capitol was quite the symbol of their intentions.
To be fair, I'd be willing to write that off as a rhetorical, symbolic message - it's other things that are convincing many were willing to commit violence.

Too bad. It has to be done, for the good of the country.

The intention was not a protest. The intention was to stop the "steal"- a made-up lie. You'd have to be stupid to not know it was just a lie.

IOW, the intention was to disrupt American government with a hostile and violent take-over, based on a known lie, because they liked the lie. "Hang Mike Pence!" is not "protest election results".

Ok-- so Congress can overturn a presidential election if it thinks it is warranted.
Trump thought it was warranted.
The argument you have is that you disagree that it was warranted.
Fair enough.

So its all just power politics-- you would have no objection to Biden trying to d the same IF you believe the cause is correct.

The election was "formalized"on 1/7-- at 324AM to be exact.
The world didn't fly off its axis.

The reality is that Congress does not 'certify' an election. Except in one instance, there is nothing affirmative they must do-- or can do-- for a president-elect to officially be the president-elect.
Nor can they do anything-- in any instance- to stop a president elect from being the president elect. That decision is made in December when the electoral college meets in their respective state capitols and vote.
Which they did and they elected Biden.

All Congress does in January is to witness the counting of the votes. Any substantive role-- the one instance-- they have would occur only if no candidate received 270 electoral votes.
But in Dec 2020 that wasn't the case.

The hysteria by Raskin on this story shows how the committee has absolutely nothing of substance to report.
Where were you on Jan 6 when Trump and all of his deplorables needed you to educate them?

Where were you on Jan 6 when Trump and all of his deplorables needed you to educate them?

Hey-- if you think Congress can overturn an election don't bellyache to me about it.
I don't think they can.
Perhaps you should explain why Trump is correct.

Progressives need to make up their mind about all this:

Either Congress HAS the authority to "overturn" an election -- in which case alleged efforts to do so are perfectly legal and in which objections to it are nothing more than politics.
Or Congress does NOT have the authority to "overturn" an election-- in which case objections to alleged efforts to do so are nothing more than politics.
Again, you would need to convince Trump and his minions of this, not your DP forum friends. During the early afternoon of 1/6, Trump was ignoring everyone else, sitting, watching, and waiting for the best moment to declare and then announce martial law, like he was going to save America. Once that happened, all bets are off as to how that scenario ends. At that point, you can take your binary set of options and stick it in a place where the sun rarely shines (I pre-suppose).

Welcome White MAGA Man!

From the above cite:

No record of the request​

A government memo about the events leading up to Jan. 6, statements from Pelosi’s office and the Pentagon and testimony from the former House sergeant-at-arms show Trump did not request 10,000 troops ahead of the rally.
And:

Our fact-check sources:​

Thank you for supporting our journalism. You can subscr
If you read the cite in totality, there is an impressive list of the sources used to fact-check this lie. (Not included, but something that should be brought into the conclusions is that, since Trump said it, chances are that it is a lie since he seems incapable of telling the truth.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom