• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Secret Service rush to evacuate Pence from besieged Capitol becomes 'coup' focus

Top Cat

He's the most tip top
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
"This was not a coup directed at the president," Raskin said during a Georgetown University event. "It was a coup directed by the president against the vice president and against the Congress."

Pence, along with his wife and daughter, was rushed to an underground Senate loading dock when a largely pro-Trump mob stormed the Capitol on Jan. 6 and disrupted the process over which the vice president was presiding: Congress meeting to certify the 2020 election results. Pence's Secret Service detail, including one agent carrying a nuclear football, was "presumably" reporting to Trump's Secret Service agents when the vice president rejected their effort to "spirit him off of the campus," Raskin said.

Pence "uttered what I think are the six most chilling words of this entire thing I've seen so far: 'I'm not getting in that car'" until the Electoral College votes were counted, Raskin said. "He knew exactly what this inside coup they had planned for was going to do," he added.

This is chilling

This is chilling
The fact that the writer is an editor of the FRW Washington Examiner is a surprise.

The theory that the intent of the riot was to get Pence out of the Capitol so the formalizing of the election results could be delayed indefinitely makes a lot more sense than some of the other ideas floated. Can you imagine the confusion and chaos that Trump and his minions would have sowed if the election was not formalized on 1/6?

I used to think that the mob wouldn't really kill Pence, but I now believe they really would have if they had gotten to him.

I wish I could go back to thinking otherwise, but I can't.

I wish Raskin would tone the “tear the roof off” rhetoric down a notch.

Yeah, that's a real change from Cheney taking the lead. He's probably right, but what will change people's minds?

Maybe they're trying to pressure Pence to say more. Those on his staff who have cooperated were not with Pence when he spoke to Trump. But I bet they had some petty interesting information to share.

Pence "uttered what I think are the six most chilling words of this entire thing I've seen so far: 'I'm not getting in that car'" until the Electoral College votes were counted, Raskin said. "He knew exactly what this inside coup they had planned for was going to do," he added.

VP Pence would be one to hear from in the upcoming live hearings if he'd not buckle under to the Mar-a-Lago pressure and the loony T-GOP.

""I'm not getting in the car, Tim," Pence said, in response to Giebels' insistence that he enter the armored vehicle. "I trust you, Tim, but you're not driving the car. If I get in that vehicle, you guys are taking off. I'm not getting in the car."

Raskin discussed the House select committee's investigation further on Thursday, alleging in no uncertain terms that Trump and his closest confidants attempted to organize a coup following the 2020 election.

"This was not a coup directed at the president," the congressman said. "It was a coup directed by the president against the vice president and against the Congress."

Newsweek reached out to Pence's representatives for comment."

Link

He seems mighty sure of himself.

"I trust you Tim, but...." I'd like to learn more about Tim.

Who thought there was a spine attached to the head that bobbed four more than four years?

Or did Mike look out for Mike?

They can always claim it was for his safety and it would have been.

But it would also have removed him from the proceedings where it was his responsibility to certify the election results before he could do the job.

I didn't read the article, but I will say this...I have zero doubt that if the idiots in that crowd had gotten their hands on Pence, they would have lynched him in front of the world. They truly thought it would stop Biden from becoming president and that Trump would remain president. They didn't understand that the person who would have become president was Nancy Pelosi, the Speaker of the House....Trump's term ended on Jan 21, 2021 regardless of if the election was certified or not.

This is sure the hell not something that's planned for, when the president tries to use the Secret Service against his Vice President. The Secret Service actually does have the authority to force the VP and even the President to move for their security as I understand.

I didn't read the article, but I will say this...I have zero doubt that if the idiots in that crowd had gotten their hands on Pence, they would have lynched him in front of the world. They truly thought it would stop Biden from becoming president and that Trump would remain president. They didn't understand that the person who would have become president was Nancy Pelosi, the Speaker of the House....Trump's term ended on Jan 21, 2021 regardless of if the election was certified or not.
That's pretty much a given considering how they killed dozens of cops, went after counter protesters and burned them alive on the street. America has never seen anything like the horror show actually might have happened on 1/6...in the minds of so many liberals.

That's pretty much a given considering how they killed dozens of cops, went after counter protesters and burned them alive on the street. America has never seen anything like the horror show actually might have happened on 1/6...in the minds of so many liberals.
Sorry your side's treason didn't go the way you hoped.

b8e1a1ab4f8fc45d68751ab8f2fce0287fd5a5c8.jpg

:LOL:

df92ec4e97e117db4cea800c6be503a617dcba7a.jpg

:oops:

Et5lNX4XMAMAjH8

"Never forget"

Last edited:
I'm not getting in that car ~ then VP, mike pence
the J6 committee needs to hear from mike pence, personally, what prompted him to make the above statement

Does Pence randomly capitalize words in his tweets like Tweety? That's odd.

Not sure, maybe he was just under pressure at the time. ;)

Et5lNX4XMAMAjH8

37721590-9139059-Vice_President_Pence_was_quick_to_denounce_the_mob_that_ransacke-a-83_1610480144025.jpg

Biden already had to do that as they found agents who couldn't be trusted as trump loyalists.
Needs doing a couple more times.
I'm sure the sock puppet problem isn't limited to DebatePolitics....you never know when your SS detail might contain a few more
undercover POES and SOCKS who came in looking all polished and clean.

The fact that the writer is an editor of the FRW Washington Examiner is a surprise.

The theory that the intent of the riot was to get Pence out of the Capitol so the formalizing of the election results could be delayed indefinitely makes a lot more sense than some of the other ideas floated. Can you imagine the confusion and chaos that Trump and his minions would have sowed if the election was not formalized on 1/6?

The election was "formalized"on 1/7-- at 324AM to be exact.
The world didn't fly off its axis.

The reality is that Congress does not 'certify' an election. Except in one instance, there is nothing affirmative they must do-- or can do-- for a president-elect to officially be the president-elect.
Nor can they do anything-- in any instance- to stop a president elect from being the president elect. That decision is made in December when the electoral college meets in their respective state capitols and vote.
Which they did and they elected Biden.

All Congress does in January is to witness the counting of the votes. Any substantive role-- the one instance-- they have would occur only if no candidate received 270 electoral votes.
But in Dec 2020 that wasn't the case.

The hysteria by Raskin on this story shows how the committee has absolutely nothing of substance to report.

The election was "formalized"on 1/7-- at 324AM to be exact.
The world didn't fly off its axis.

The reality is that Congress does not 'certify' an election. Except in one instance, there is nothing affirmative they must do-- or can do-- for a president-elect to officially be the president-elect.
Nor can they do anything-- in any instance- to stop a president elect from being the president elect. That decision is made in December when the electoral college meets in their respective state capitols and vote.
Which they did and they elected Biden.

All Congress does in January is to witness the counting of the votes. Any substantive role-- the one instance-- they have would occur only if no candidate received 270 electoral votes.
But in Dec 2020 that wasn't the case.

The hysteria by Raskin on this story shows how the committee has absolutely nothing of substance to report.

Indeed! If you ignore everything Trump and his henchmen did or attempted to do , as you have here, everything's fine.

But then, why the late hour?

This is chilling
The democrats know they are really hosed this election and the only things they can do to help themselves will be bad for their base, so the only option is to go all in on reminding Americans about the electoral justice protest, which was awesome and in due time will be taught as a major event where the people stood up to the regime

Get over it already. Y'all are worse than pizzagaters at this point.

Back
Top Bottom