• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Secret Saudi Document Shows Kingdom Linked with Al-Qaeda Terror

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
An Iraqi news agency has revealed more evidence linking Saudi Arabia with terror. The Buratha news service published what it said it is a secret document disclosing how much money the Saudi kingdom has transferred to Al-Qaeda in Iraq. The kingdom reportedly sends explosives and weapons to terrorist groups in Iraq.

Saudi Arabia did not comment on the report and instead criticized intelligence officials for disclosing the document. Buratha said that King Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz ordered a special committee to investigate the intelligence leak and inform him about those liable in the case. Saudi authorities reportedly have arrested 37 of the country’s intelligence officials for being behind the leak.

And we are content to keep ourselves dependent on Saudi Oil, which apparently funds those who are killing our troops?

Enough already. We have the ability to make ourselves energy independent. Why? Because we are America, dammit. Let's do what we need to do, and then, sometime in the future, we can tell the Saudis to eat their oil.

Article is here.

[offtopic]The Frumster: Orthodox Jewish Dating add in your quote cracks me up[/offtopic]

First thing I saw was the Orthodox Jewish dating, ROFL.

Well... again you need political reform and badly. You have a elephant and a donkey which instead of trying to do stuff for you the people, are sitting around just punching eachother rather then getting **** done. Make it so that Laws and Bills can only be about the subject at hand and cannot have pork, scrap the two party system so there is real accountability and believe me, within 5 years you will see a big difference.

I am shocked! Shocked! *pause* Well, I'm not that shocked.

And we are content to keep ourselves dependent on Saudi Oil, which apparently funds those who are killing our troops?

Enough already. We have the ability to make ourselves energy independent. Why? Because we are America, dammit. Let's do what we need to do, and then, sometime in the future, we can tell the Saudis to eat their oil.

Article is here.

Who is "WE"?

Sarah Palin?
Most Republicans?

NO WE DON'T.

But it seems the leftists tied to the enviromaniacs are quite content with this situation.
They seem to like terrorists.
Close Gitmo. Bring 'em here and run them through civilian courts.
Read them rights on the battle field...
Prohibit access to domestic oil.

So, if "WE" means Democrats... then YES.

Last edited:
Who is "WE"?

Sarah Palin?
Most Republicans?

NO WE DON'T.

But it seems the leftists tied to the enviromaniacs are quite content with this situation.

Republicans have undermined alternative energies. That probably has more to do with our dependence on foreign oil since political environmentalism is as about as successful as social conservatism.

Last edited:
Republicans have undermined alternative energies. That probably has more to do with our dependence on foreign oil since political environmentalism is as about as successful as social conservatism.

Republicans have the ability to make alternate "clean" energies less competitive and economically destructive? dang, we're spooky good. you'd think if we had magic powers like that we wouldn't have lost all those elections....

Who is "WE"?

Sarah Palin?
Most Republicans?

NO WE DON'T.

The republicans are the ones against alternative energy that could make us energy independent.

Oh, and putting terrorist on trial here is a good thing. If you commit a crime here you deserve a fair trial, no matter who you are. It's in the Constitution, so it has to happen.

"Funded by the Saudi kingdom" is rather broad. What exactly does that mean? Is it coming directly out of government coffers? Out of the personal accounts of religious ruling family members?

I would be very surprised if the government were directly funding this. I would be much less surprised to find out that individuals are directing their zakat to AQ and AQ-affiliated groups.

The republicans are the ones against alternative energy that could make us energy independent.

Oh, and putting terrorist on trial here is a good thing. If you commit a crime here you deserve a fair trial, no matter who you are. It's in the Constitution, so it has to happen.

Increased use of coal and nuclear based power would make us energy independent, we are a net exporter of coal and have less nuclear facilities than France.

Increased use of coal and nuclear based power would make us energy independent, we are a net exporter of coal and have less nuclear facilities than France.

I'm all for nuclear power, it's rather safe, and the pollution it produces are quite less than most other fuels.

Nuclear power is fine, for electrical currents; coal is not energy efficient in terms of longterm viability and risk to human life and health, nor it is a suitable replacement for automobiles and other oil-centered mediums. Nuclear power shares that weakness.

Last edited:

The lack of nuclear power is not because of liberals or conservatives, but because if of NIMBY. When it gets put to a vote the majority do not want nuclear power plants near them because of archaic stereotypes of nuclear power plants.

I for one would not only welcome nuclear power plants near me but also spent furl rod reprocessing plants as well.

Back
Top Bottom