• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

secret prisons in the U.S. and prison industry

Again, if you're reading about it, it's not a secret. Lol.

This is like saying "Why do we know about the Free Masons or Church of Scientology if they are supposed to be secret organizations?"

This is like saying "Why do we know about the Free Masons or Church of Scientology if they are supposed to be secret organizations?"
Exactly!

well, there will be always counter answers from the spies, we all know that NSA has, the same as Putin, internet bots, who control way of thinking of people at public forums. but I see some true comments here, so, I am happy I started this topic, the US is big and they will never succeed to control mind of all American citizens.

A brief history of secret prisons in the United States |
the point of journalists is that secret prisons are in theory for terrorists but in reality they are more and more for dissidents, people critical of corporate America, eco and animal rights activists, etc. and it is for discussion, for me, true patriotism is when you make your country better, not when you defend decisions of the Gov always and everywhere. the Gov is serving rich people, not poor Americans. in accordance with that: what do you think about harder law and harder punishments and making industry from imprisoning people?

Secret prisons are operating in the United States today. Many Americans I speak with don’t believe this could possibly be true, and think that such human rights abuses only occur in foreign countries. But the reality is that the United States has a dark history of disproportionately punishing people because of their political views, a history that has largely been ignored or forgotten.

Except, we still know them as "secret societies." Just because something has elements that are secretive doesn't mean no one outside of that organization knows it exists. And sometimes (such as the case with these prisons) there are only rumors of their existence.

Again, if you're reading about it, it's not a secret. Lol.

Not no more is it a secret, true.

I think with the Chicago story, there were many within the city government who were not aware of the site's existence or purpose. So the accurate statement is that it WAS a secret until some whistleblower exposed it.

Back
Top Bottom